[Q] Toshiba AC100 and Android Market

Search This thread

Tsktsk

Jun 1, 2010
Hi, I'm going to buy AC100 NO3G... can you tell me if it supports any 3G USB dongle? If yes, can you say which internet keys?
Thank you very much

Skype on Toshiba AC100

hello,
It is possible to use webcam with the last version of skype ?

ONLY with Android 3.
You need almost Android 2.3

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Hi, I'm going to buy AC100 NO3G... can you tell me if it supports any 3G USB dongle? If yes, can you say which internet keys?
Thank you very much

3G modem only with alternative ROM like "aComb100 v0.4 Honeycomb 3.0.1"
But never tried.
In features you can read:
"- 3G modems (usb or internal) start automatically;"

Reactions: wnaas

Zandrokan

Oct 29, 2011
Please Help!

Hi all!

Someone knows where i can find a guide to install the android silver-alx rom on my toshiba ac100?
Now i have ubuntu installed in it, and no backup done...

Thx to all

danetatic

May 27, 2012
Have you created a "ntfs" folder where you'll mount device?
Have you verified which partitions are mounted? (see above, in my previous answer)
the steps are these:
1) open terminal;
2) type "su root" ---> ENTER;
3) type "mkdir /storage/ntfs" ---> ENTER;
4) type "mount -t ntfs -o ro,umask=0,fmask=0,dmask=0 /dev/block/sda1 /storage/<mounting point>" where mounting point is "ntfs" ---> ENTER;
5) verify that in the folder "/storage/ntfs" there are device's files;

That's all.... :)
Tell me if you have problems... ;)

How to see which partition is correct? I tried all the steps above and the only answer that I receive is "not found" in the Terminal Emulator. Please help.

DuratecPaul

Nov 1, 2011
Adelaide
Hi,
I managed to install the v4b rom from the russian site. (with help of google translate (tip 3down hit + sign))
key points are getting the USB driver installed in windows
1) connect to windows computer with usb
2) turn off tablet hold power key for 10 seconds will work.
3)turn on power while holding ctrl+esc+power keys release power key first.
note: screen will be off but windows will popup with usb driver request
4) windows will report no USB device driver this is where you point windows to usbpcdriver folder
5) double click bat file (two gears icon) for your model in main folder. (ie flash_full_116 for 3g model, flash_full_117 for wifi only model)
let it run till finish
6) reboot, enjoy rooted working with market.

hope this helps
Paul

if you cant do it with the help of these full instructions, then imo dont try it.
PS pop onto pg3 of this thread and thank the creator of this rom, silver-alx

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So it appears that sometimes market init it works, sometimes not ... Strange

I played and did many factory resets to find the right way and now it works :D (triple checked!)
    I have a ac100-114 (French, no 3g), with android 2.2 and rooted with z4root.
    (For anyone playing with adb : before doing anything, make backups with the tegra tools, and be careful with this powerful tool!)

I also used a package from cyanogenmod : the gApps from tegra. (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Gapps#Google_Apps)

I looked into gAppsInstaller (here:
    http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list and here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=867303) to find what are the mandatory apps to install from the gApps cm package:

Into /system/app/
    GenieWidget
    GoogleBackupTransport
    GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter
    GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
    GoogleFeedback
    GoogleServicesFramework
    MarketUpdater
    MediaUploader
    NetworkLocation
    Talk
    Vending
    Youtube *

Into /system/framework/
    com.google.android.maps.jar

Into /system/lib/
    libspeech.so
    libvoicesearch.so

Into /system/etc/permissions/
    features.xml
    com.google.android.maps.xml

* I had to replace Youtube.apk (in attachment) : I don't know why, but the one from cm is not working and prevent, even without launching it, the login into the market. I retrieved it from my hd2 running android ;-)
    Installing maps in /system/app prevents Market initialization.

Then I did a factory reset, followed by the Toshiba first init and wifi configuration.

Now start the Market : nothing else or you might have to factory reset to start over!
    Enter a random username (very important!), a random password and click next.
    The market should start checking and then tell you the login is wrong : good, it connected !
    Now click back, then enter your google account and click next : the Market should accept it and show the license page.
    Accept it, the market should appear a few seconds before foreclosing. Launch it again, it will forceclose again.

The third launch should be the right one ! :)

You will get forcecloses right after each app installation, but nothing to worry about : the app stays and appears in the download section of the market :D
    Gmail can be installed from the market. ;)
    Your contacts should be synchronized, Talk and Youtube should work.

Problems:
    For maps you will have to get the apk somewhere else.
    The calendar is missing. :(
    Hi, All!

Some answers :)

1. Differences between all models are size of memory and radio interfaces. I've made two versions because of different memory sizes (custom kernels doesn't work without it). If you have 8gigs - use 117 version, 32gigs - 116.
    2. ROM already have bluetooth gps provider.
    3. bl=bootlog for linux lovers :)
    Thanks for pointing out where is the FC cause !
    I did some more tests, and it seems that if the packages.xml gets modified, followed by sync (just in case, I don't know anything about caching on the ac100), and then a kill -9 -1 is executed, the added permission stays, even if the packages.xml gets scrambled after reboot :)
    For me it works : no more FCs :)

I found another thing : in order to see apps in the market that asks for the gps (maps, catch notes ...), just had this line to /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.location.xml, in the <permissions> tag :

<feature name="android.hardware.location.gps" />

(Make a backup of the file first ;))

So the bottom part of the file should look like :

<permissions>
    <feature name="android.hardware.location" />
    <feature name="android.hardware.location.network" />
    <feature name="android.hardware.location.gps" />
    </permissions>

But in order to get it working, you will need to login to the market for the first time, so a factory reset is required :(
    Firmware from the Russian community users of the AC100 Toshiba (android 2.2) All Google applications work fine(Market+Gmail+Tack)!

Different from the standard:
    1. Root
    2. Busybox 1.19
    3. Google Apps, including the latest market (by 116(Toshiba AC 100-116- russian 3G+Wi-Fi+32Gb model) runs without any problems), SetupWizard works too
    4. Jorte - perfect replacement calendar from Google, beautiful, seeing all the calendars
    5. Ad Blocking
    6. Titanium Backup
    7. Terminal Emulator
    8. New splash screen
    9. Spare Parts
    10. Easy selection of widgets

Installation in Windows:
    1. Download the firmware
    2. Unpack
    3. Translating the device in boot mode (turn off, esc + control + power)
    4. Install the driver from the archive
    5. Run bat file from the archive (ac100flash.cmd)
    6. We are waiting for the end of the loading and turning off the device while holding the button 10 seconds
    7. Turn device, answer all the questions for 116 checking in via 3G.
    8. Enjoy.
    Torrent: ****://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3498125
    Firmware+drivers ****://narod.ru/disk/8503508001/ac100_flash.rar.html
    Firmware(update) ****://narod.ru/disk/8819504001/ac100flash_v2.rar.html

Спасибо форуму ****://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=226289&st=40#entry7000473
    Skype on Toshiba AC100

hello,
    It is possible to use webcam with the last version of skype ?

ONLY with Android 3.
    You need almost Android 2.3

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Thank you very much

3G modem only with alternative ROM like "aComb100 v0.4 Honeycomb 3.0.1"
    But never tried.
    In features you can read:
    "- 3G modems (usb or internal) start automatically;"