Is this the bastard child of HTC?

Search This thread

Konner920

Sep 16, 2010
Norman, OK
Not to be a little rude, but I'm beginning to think this is the only HTC phone no one cares about.

I picked one up at bestbuy today and I love the form factor, the keyboard is amazing. But.. AT&T's bloatware can't be removed and due to the extremely small internal storage it's impossible to deal with it. I'm probably gonna end up taking it back.

These reasons follow.

1. Can't be rooted unless it's S-OFF
2. Screen is small (smaller than the Veer, which i had before the status)
3. HTC sense on this thing is terrible.
4. Skype doesn't even support it's front camera
5. It doesn't seem like the developer community cares to much for the little chacha/status.

It's a nice phone but it's not something I'd keep around. It's what I'd sorta call one of HTC's best work. I've had a few HTC phones and this is the best, in terms of the loud speaker, call quality and the keyboard. but the small internal memory and no rooting just kills it.

zebdi

Sep 3, 2010
Don't be too hasty, this phone is actually good.

Factory reset fixes mem issue. Launcher pro replaces sense for iphone like speed and smoothness. Replace browser with opera mini, gallery with quickpic and sms with handcent and you're good to go. Go to your local phone guy for s-off and have your way with this little beast.

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
+1 for what zebdi said.

I s-off'ed my phone for 9-10 euros, rooted it myself then removed all bloatware. All done :)

Konner920

Sep 16, 2010
Norman, OK
Yeah im actually tempted to keep it mainly because the keyboard is just amazing. wish there was a free way to root the phone though.

qbert456

Jul 21, 2010
Yep, once you are rooted it rocks.
Tbh even after I rooted I lost a little faith but once I cleared the bloat and used link2sd with an ext parted SD card , it works like a dream. Even if screen is a little small, the phone isn't huge so its acceptable!

Sent from my Chacha