MoZilla OS for Phone

Search This thread

sweetbinodray

Apr 18, 2009
kolkata
Today I came to know about MoZilla New OS B2G for Phone. I thought to share with you guys.

gaiaiuimoz23.jpg

Mozilla has build a new OS for mobile. It's open sourced and not Android. It's completely different from it. Till now it's in very early stage so not all the feature are working. Only few things floating good. For more details you can you can visit it office site. Click here to read more.

It's already been ported to Samsung Galaxy S II. You can have a look here.

If you really want o have it on Phone then you should follow this linkt

You can more details on XDA Portal.

Last edited:

DucPT

Jan 26, 2012
hanoi
Is the touch on this OS responsive like iOS and windows phone? If not then it can't be better than android.

xKrisx

Jan 27, 2011
I will chime in from the sgs2 side. I have tested this for fun and it is VERY smooth and responsive. Needs a lot more work but as of now, for what it is, it is very good. Not a daily driver for sure but definitely something to watch for.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

sweetbinodray

Apr 18, 2009
kolkata
With the time it will go smooth and everyting will work. Than one day it will be on our phone. Dev are work hard so i don't think we have to wait very long for it...

Reactions: Jolufa
J

Jrhodes85

This looks great, I wonder how it will look on our devices..its weird that another OS is in the works but this Mozilla rom kinda reminds me of android and it specifically said it wasn't android but had the same low level Linux kernel modules. Kinda looks like a rip off from android just reconfigured to something new

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Anyone THINKING of putting it on our phone?

I was born in the '90's... 1290's >:)

NicoC72

Jan 4, 2012
I would love this. I sort of like simpler phones. My Samsung Rant was awesome minus a few bugs. Hope this gets ported to the Optimus One line!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using xda premium

shishimaru1000

Dec 21, 2010
I strongly hope that it's a good OS and can be ported to Optimus One. Android won't last forever on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I came to know about MoZilla New OS B2G for Phone. I thought to share with you guys.

gaiaiuimoz23.jpg

Mozilla has build a new OS for mobile. It's open sourced and not Android. It's completely different from it. Till now it's in very early stage so not all the feature are working. Only few things floating good. For more details you can you can visit it office site. Click here to read more.

It's already been ported to Samsung Galaxy S II. You can have a look here.

If you really want o have it on Phone then you should follow this linkt

You can more details on XDA Portal.
    I will chime in from the sgs2 side. I have tested this for fun and it is VERY smooth and responsive. Needs a lot more work but as of now, for what it is, it is very good. Not a daily driver for sure but definitely something to watch for.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    With the time it will go smooth and everyting will work. Than one day it will be on our phone. Dev are work hard so i don't think we have to wait very long for it...
    Nice look.

Just what to expect from Mozilla.

Hope ROM fully works any time soon.

Can't wait to test it on our O1. :D
    Creator don't even like to make games for small armv6 devices and u expect a os !lol

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
    Mozilla OS has armv6/256mb ram as minimum hw requirements. The OS is targeted to cheap entry-level phones in the developing world, not multicore ultra expensive devices.