Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

Search This thread

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
First pass: Custom install of Atrix KS 1.11 from CM9 beta 0.5.1 resulted in boot loop to CWM. I had not wiped anything per instructions.

Second pass: Wiped cache/dalvik, followed by another custom install: Non wipe, joker 1.0 kernel, GPS North Am, Apex launch, CM boot animate, File Manager, Gapps, Notorious KB (talk about this later), CM9 music, Google TTS, no soft keys, default build.prop, no alternate 2d, no rotate fix, regular search button, no beats audio, ICS reloaded, extra WP and... success!

Well, sort of :eek: --- Android keyboard stopped and notifications appeared at regular intervals. So I went to Settings > Language & Input and found Android keyboard checkbox greyed out and Google voice typing selected. Also, my home screen shortcuts from 0.5.1 did not appear, though apps were still there.

Third pass: Wiped cache/dalvik/batt (looks like I didn't need to do that based on Joker's recent post), and custom installed same as above except use stock CM9 KB instead of Notorious. Result: Success. Touchscreen works and apps carried over from 0.5.1 generally work fine except for missing shortcuts.

So I wonder, is Notorious keyboard not compatible with CM9?

[EDIT] By the way, thanks Joker for the auto wipe. Nice feature!

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Just thinking out loud... Since KS affords many configuration options, perhaps installation and testing can be streamlined even further by having KS initialize a default configuration and then read an ASCII file (on sdcard?) containing values/strings for each option

My apologies to those who may have already mentioned this.

That's actually a planned feature.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

undisputedfb

Feb 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Google Pixel 6
going into data and app and deleting the titanium odex files and apk, then reinstalling titanium allows it to work without fc. this on 4.9.0.1. gonna update to 4.9.1 and see how it goes

edit: success works with latest 4.9.1 tibu

Last edited:

lewishnl

May 14, 2010
Ok, Jokersax, well this is weird, I installed using the kitchen sink (*Crosspost from CM9 regular thread*). I pressed on the 1Ghz kernel option, but I noticed that my phone was now set with a maximum CPU frequency of 1450 MHz in CM9's performance tab, so I changed it down to 1000 MHz since I don't want overclock, but yes, it does seem as though the kernel is not limiting to level it is supposed to. Sorry I didn't get to check while I was on the regular 0.5.1 build (with no special kernel)...

deeciple97

Nov 21, 2010
Charlotte
Incredible aroma install fixes! Great job! Requests- ad block, and other options for file manager and camera and gallery apps, like Nottach.

really diggin it so far.

sent from my Super Phone

undisputedfb

Feb 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Google Pixel 6
Ok, Jokersax, well this is weird, I installed using the kitchen sink (*Crosspost from CM9 regular thread*). I pressed on the 1Ghz kernel option, but I noticed that my phone was now set with a maximum CPU frequency of 1450 MHz in CM9's performance tab, so I changed it down to 1000 MHz since I don't want overclock, but yes, it does seem as though the kernel is not limiting to level it is supposed to. Sorry I didn't get to check while I was on the regular 0.5.1 build (with no special kernel)...

reinstalling faux's 1.0 kernel fixes this

stl-soldier

Apr 18, 2011

Sounds like the installer is installing the 1.45GHz kernel no matter what is selected. Whatever the case, you can just download and flash the kernel you want separately.

Reactions: lewishnl

lewishnl

May 14, 2010
reinstalling faux's 1.0 kernel fixes this

I am sure it does, but that isn't the point, jokersax wants to know bug fixes to make, and we should always use the latest kernel because it should be best, so I am simply point out what needs fixing...

---------- Post added 21st April 2012 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th April 2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

Sounds like the installer is installing the 1.45GHz kernel no matter what is selected. Whatever the case, you can just download and flash the kernel you want separately.

Yea, that might be the case, although people in the regular CM9 thread seemed to think that flashing the V4 kernel for 1GHz gave you 1.4 GHz in the menu, but that it wouldn't clock that high, and I thought this might be related...

MrPerson

Sep 25, 2011
Searched thread for process.acore and nothing came up, so sorry if this has been reported already.

I flashed alpha 1.11 and did a MIUI base, and am unable to do almost anything. Every 20 seconds or so I get a pop-up error saying android process.acore has stopped or something along those lines, even when I'm not doing anything. I tried rebooting several times and reflashing, nothing fixed it. It also wasn't able to import my contacts.

Is there something special I need to do to get the MIUI base?

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
Searched thread for process.acore and nothing came up, so sorry if this has been reported already.

I flashed alpha 1.11 and did a MIUI base, and am unable to do almost anything. Every 20 seconds or so I get a pop-up error saying android process.acore has stopped or something along those lines, even when I'm not doing anything. I tried rebooting several times and reflashing, nothing fixed it. It also wasn't able to import my contacts.

Is there something special I need to do to get the MIUI base?

Its being fixed tonight

tutchthesky7

Feb 24, 2011
Installation aborted?

for somereason any time i try to flash the Kitchensink 1.1 or 1.11 my installation aborts through CWM, any suggestions?

monzttr

Apr 5, 2011
Fresno
Sounds like you have a bad download, have tried downloading the file again? It should be ~298MB.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

sendust7

Oct 24, 2011
California
for somereason any time i try to flash the Kitchensink 1.1 or 1.11 my installation aborts through CWM, any suggestions?

I chose try the 1.3GHz kernel and that's what I got

[EDIT] I got stuck in a CWM boot loop after flashing 1.45GHz v4 over KS 1.11. I got out of the loop by re-flashing KS 1.11 zip from CWM.

I don't recall any of my 1.11 installs aborting, even with just KS auto cache wipe (no data wipe).

Maybe run md5 checksum on your KS 1.1x zip.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Anyone know why i cant upload my screenshots?

They are in .png format and are less than the 260kb limit.

But each time i try to upload them it says "upload failed"

I wanna post some screen shots of my Orange and Black keyboard and my soft key buttons!

I flashed v1.11 over v1 (i skipped v1.1 all together due to symtax errors).
Chose the no wipe option, soft keys, tweaked build props, 1.3ghz kernel, orange and black keyboard, beats audio, search key remap and most other extras. Did not choose to use the browser rotation fix as it states there are still bugs. Same with Neutrino keyboard. Didnt choose it because some people were reporting bugs.

Notes: -No beats audio :( , Chose 1.3 kernel and got 1.45.
- Soft keys work, search key remap works. Wifi, bluetooth and
network connection is fine.

Other than the kernel and no beats audio this are looking fantastic!

I was happy to see the wallpapers I had posted as an APK file earlier :)

If you just hold down on the homescreen until wallpaper option pops up you wont find them in there. You have to go to Settings>System>Wallpapers>ICS Wallpapers

Some of the nicer ones out there ;)

Nice work joker and im looking forward to your next alpha!

th3xeroeagle

Sep 4, 2011
Montreal
Anyone know why i cant upload my screenshots?

They are in .png format and are less than the 260kb limit.

But each time i try to upload them it says "upload failed"

I wanna post some screen shots of my Orange and Black keyboard and my soft key buttons!

I flashed v1.11 over v1 (i skipped v1.1 all together due to symtax errors).
Chose the no wipe option, soft keys, tweaked build props, 1.3ghz kernel, orange and black keyboard, beats audio, search key remap and most other extras. Did not choose to use the browser rotation fix as it states there are still bugs. Same with Neutrino keyboard. Didnt choose it because some people were reporting bugs.

Notes: -No beats audio :( , Chose 1.3 kernel and got 1.45.
- Soft keys work, search key remap works. Wifi, bluetooth and
network connection is fine.

Other than the kernel and no beats audio this are looking fantastic!

I was happy to see the wallpapers I had posted as an APK file earlier :)

If you just hold down on the homescreen until wallpaper option pops up you wont find them in there. You have to go to Settings>System>Wallpapers>ICS Wallpapers

Some of the nicer ones out there ;)

Nice work joker and im looking forward to your next alpha!

You need to post as. Jpeg

Oh ps: the notorious keyboard keeps fcing? Yea or else the roms cool :)

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Also, if your installing the soft keys, there is no point to choosing to remap the search key because the soft keys come with a recent apps button already, and if you hold down the home button it takes you to recents as well..........so now i have 3 ways of doing it, lol

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

You need to post as. Jpeg

is it as simple as renaming the file or do i have to convert it to jpeg somehow?

my phone saves screenshots as .png

th3xeroeagle

Sep 4, 2011
Montreal
Also, if your installing the soft keys, there is no point to choosing to remap the search key because the soft keys come with a recent apps button already, and if you hold down the home button it takes you to recents as well..........so now i have 3 ways of doing it, lol

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

is it as simple as renaming the file or do i have to convert it to jpeg somehow?

my phone saves screenshots as .png

I dont think renaming changes it i use my pc to "save as" jpeg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no wiping before flashing kitchen sink
    the files are need for the touchscreen to work

What is project kitchen sink?

Its cm9, miui, cna, and aokp in one installer with all the options, tweaks, modifications, and changes you could ever want.

Best part is you get to choose what you want and don't want. You can even change options and try different setups anytime without multiple cwm zips.

What's in it so far?
    The entire kitchen sink

What's gotta be done?
    Testing
    More stuff
    Aokp
    translations
    Polish
    More tweaks

requests
    htc multtask
    modded google maps
    -AOKP on screen navigation buttons.
    -Tablet mod
    -MIUI lockscreen
    -Fingerprint Navigation.

Downloads

cool facts for fellow devs!
    • 900 line installer script
    • 900 line aroma script
    • close to 2000 , ; and other annoying syntax bits that could go wrong
    • 3 full aosp roms
    • total of 700mb shoved into 350mb
    • well over 150 test zips(stupid syntax errors)
    • by far the most bipolar project to date.

Also requests are nice especially during the building period
    Joker and I got Kitchen working well in Photon. I finally got Aroma set up to the Atrix last night (took me 3 days). Time for me to get down to some work on the Atrix Kitchen. :) With any luck, we can get you guys a good, working 3 rom zip sometime today/tonight
    Existing ICS ROMs are diarrhea. I don't understand why you would take on a project this huge if what already exists is broken. Just saying...

Sent from my MB860 CM7 RC1 37p Radio

What is the point of this response? How does this add anything to the development of anything? Why do you care so much about what we are doing with our seemingly "wasted effort"?

Seriously, people....if you have something to assist us with this project, be it a question or comment that is helpful and relevant, we would love to hear it. If all you want to do is dis out work or make irrelevant and unnecessary comments, then save your time and keep it to yourself. I don't care if anyone doesn't like what we are choosing to do here with our work. We have CHOSEN to take on this project as a challenge to see if we can produce something that we thought would be cool. Nobody is requiring anyone to come to this thread.

SO,

Lets get back to work, and all those of you who would like to make irrelevant comments like this guy and the guy he was quoting, please feel free to close your browser or check another thread. Have a great day! :)
    Lots of changes coming, mainly isolating features that don't play well with certain options. However what's planned it

Aokp
    Mystery rom
    Better tweak options with lots and lots of tweaks
    Better base options(keep options that don't work isolated)
    Tablet mod hopefully for all bases
    Card style multitasking option
    More options
    Fixes to prevent issues between bases
    Multi language support

Keep in mind this is a lot of work so not all of it will be done anytime soon.

Any news on these releases ? Will they even happen ?

Patience...Patience

Everyone:
    Gonna really need your help when this next version drops Gonna need you to test different configurations out for us and let us know what happens. Seriously...this next release has the following:
    5 roms
    Extended Battery configuration for each
    7 boot animations
    2 extra File Managers
    Gapps with Face Unlock
    GPS Config
    2 Kernels
    4 Keyboards
    6 Launchers
    Forced/Non-forced Ril
    Alternate 2d libs
    CDMA/GSM (as well as tweaked/non tweaked) props for EACH BUILD
    rotation fix
    tts options
    Wallpaper options
    flash
    genie widget
    gallery
    maps
    music options
    reloaded
    titanium
    voicesearch
    weather
    youtube
    It will LITERALLY have HUNDREDS of possible configurations. There is NO way with the small group of devs we have on this project that we could EVER test all of this and have any time to add in new functions....or even keep our base roms (or this one) current. We'd be spending all day flashing.
    I know it's fun to just set your nicely working phone and wait for our next drop, but if that's what everyone does, this will take FOREVER to get properly set up so that we do not have non-compatible options showing up on roms.
    I know bootanimation loops suck, but they are ESSENTIAL for us to know what options you chose.

THANKS in advance for assisting us in this....and hope you enjoy the Kitchen!