[Q] Multiple Camera Issues

Search This thread

scwied17

Mar 16, 2013
kalamazoo
This topic is about multiple camera issues including issues with photo quality, as well as issues with the front facing camera within snapchat.

SNAPCHAT
The issue with snapchat, is that the front facing camera distorts whatever it's looking at. For instance, when taking selfies with snapchat my face is distorted in the form of a stretch. I'm not sure if this is a snapchat issue regarding the galaxy s3, or a cyanogenmod issue regarding my phone.

PHOTO QUALITY
As for photo quality, well this is a much bigger issue. Let's start with the problem: The camera (using any rom, stock or not) is creating vertical colored lines in photos containing, but not limited to, low light environments.

I had my phone replaced and when I got it back and flashed cyanogenmod I started noticing the issue. I reverted my phone back to stock uprooted to see if the problem persisted, and it did. I took my phone to the sprint store, and they replaced the camera in my phone while keeping the rest of the phones body. I took a few photos using stock 4.3 touchwhiz, call it what you want, and I didn't see any issues. Note, it was only a few photos that I took. Eagerly to opt. out of Touchwhiz, I rooted and went back to the same version of CyanogenMod I was on. Photos are still ending up the same, with vertical lines of all colors disrupting the picture.

In addition, the flash makes a noise with the stock cyanogenmod camera app, almost like the flash could be malfunctioning. Snapchat pictures with the flash work fine. When taking a photo with the flash on and my thumb covering the flash, the photo worsens with the issue. (more defined, and more quantity lines)

Any ideas, comments, questions and concerns are all appreciated.

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3
CM 11 Nightly 02.13.2014

Attachments

• 20140216_154746.jpg
    20140216_154746.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 12,450

goku2778

Aug 17, 2013
This topic is about multiple camera issues including issues with photo quality, as well as issues with the front facing camera within snapchat.

SNAPCHAT
The issue with snapchat, is that the front facing camera distorts whatever it's looking at. For instance, when taking selfies with snapchat my face is distorted in the form of a stretch. I'm not sure if this is a snapchat issue regarding the galaxy s3, or a cyanogenmod issue regarding my phone.

PHOTO QUALITY
As for photo quality, well this is a much bigger issue. Let's start with the problem: The camera (using any rom, stock or not) is creating vertical colored lines in photos containing, but not limited to, low light environments.

I had my phone replaced and when I got it back and flashed cyanogenmod I started noticing the issue. I reverted my phone back to stock uprooted to see if the problem persisted, and it did. I took my phone to the sprint store, and they replaced the camera in my phone while keeping the rest of the phones body. I took a few photos using stock 4.3 touchwhiz, call it what you want, and I didn't see any issues. Note, it was only a few photos that I took. Eagerly to opt. out of Touchwhiz, I rooted and went back to the same version of CyanogenMod I was on. Photos are still ending up the same, with vertical lines of all colors disrupting the picture.

In addition, the flash makes a noise with the stock cyanogenmod camera app, almost like the flash could be malfunctioning. Snapchat pictures with the flash work fine. When taking a photo with the flash on and my thumb covering the flash, the photo worsens with the issue. (more defined, and more quantity lines)

Any ideas, comments, questions and concerns are all appreciated.

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3
CM 11 Nightly 02.13.2014

i don't use snapchat at all but does it use the stock cm11 camera for its picture taking? cause I got a few fixes for the cm11 camera cause their cameras ALWAYS gave me problems and crashes...i'll link you over, then you can tinker away and see what's what:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2611870