[Q] vk810 Won't Turn On

Search This thread

popezaphod

Nov 22, 2010
Oswego, NY
I have the LTE version of the G Pad 8.3. I have TWRP and an unofficial CM11 on it. I left it on long enough for the battery to be drained and now it won't turn on at all. I have plugged it into the charger for over an hour. The power button does nothing, holding Vol - and Power does nothing. I am at a loss. Any advice would be appreciated.

unknownbeef

Apr 25, 2014
I'm experiencing the same issue, although I had twrp and a stock rom. It ran just fine until I let the battery run out.

I have tried power + vol down with no results. I have left it on the charger for several hours as well.

Thanks in advance for any help...

GreyBanner

Jan 20, 2017
This worked for my VK810... my tablet was unresponsive "dead"

1. Hold the power button and the volume up/volume down button (directly in the middle/center of the volume +/-.... So right between the two! Not one or the other, middle so both!) for 20 seconds...

2. Keep holding the middle of volume+/- and power button and plug tablet into usb wall charger.

3. Release both buttons.

Hope this helps!

Voltron8Myhat

Feb 2, 2009
1. Hold the power button and the volume up/volume down button (directly in the middle/center of the volume +/-.... So right between the two! Not one or the other, middle so both!) for 20 seconds...

2. Keep holding the middle of volume+/- and power button and plug tablet into usb wall charger.

3. Release both buttons.

Hope this helps!

I can't believe that worked... but it did.

starving-rat

Mar 27, 2019
Thanks kid..

3. Release both buttons.

Hope this helps!

Oh, this actually works.

psyonide

Mar 3, 2008
Davenport, IA
This happened to mine a few years ago, but no button combo would power it up and it would not pull any current when trying to charge it.

I think it drained the battery beyond what the internal protection circuit would allow. I had to open it up, de-solder the battery and force-feed it a 4v for a couple minutes.

Soldered it back together and it started charging normally and booted fine. I've had similar problems with other cheap LiPo powered devices; charger packs, Bluetooth audio modules, etc...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This worked for my VK810... my tablet was unresponsive "dead"

3. Release both buttons.

Hope this helps!
    I have shipped mine back to LG for repairs. I will let you know how it goes.