HTC RC E100 Music remote

Search This thread

emwdava

Sep 22, 2008
Alingsås
Will the HTC RC E100 Music remote be compatible with the Rhodium?
1.jpg

It's the same connector but will the software support it?

jpmalum

Jan 15, 2007
Why would it not support it? its practically ussable on almost every other htc device

papamarik

Feb 19, 2009
NJ
From what I know, it is not compatible with HTC Touch HD, even though the connector is the same. There is something with the software compatibility on some of the latest HTC phones.

shuflie

Apr 14, 2006
Belfast
From what I know, it is not compatible with HTC Touch HD, even though the connector is the same. There is something with the software compatibility on some of the latest HTC phones.

The touch HD has a 3.5mm headphone socket and does not support the RC E100 because the audio is not routed to the ext USB socket.

meddleuk

Oct 9, 2007
Merseyside
Can anyone actually confirm these work the Rhodium please.

Also in general do they work with 3rd party Media Players (Kinoma/Pocket Player) or just the built in HTC Audio manager?

bigjezza

Jul 31, 2006
Adelaide
I got a booklet with the TP2, called "Smart Accessories, Smart Performance"

It lists the RC E100, along with various other accessories suitable for the TP2.

itm

Jan 1, 2007
I have the RC E100 and can confirm that it works with the TP2. When I first tried it there were a couple of problem with it disconnecting, but they seemed to go away.

aner

Jul 9, 2008
it works

I have both the touch pro 2 and the RC E100 and are happy to confirm that it works. However:
-the phone does not support voice dialing (which I do not comprehend, WHY????)
-After answering a call, the phone will remain switched on for some time, causing the touchscreen to register a myriad of presses in your pocket :rolleyes:, with sometimes very unexpected results....

Iceberg2k

Feb 27, 2008
I have a TP2 and the RC E100 and at first it works fine, but after 2 days the buttons don't react anymore and the same day the phone didnt recognise the headset anymore, other HTC phones also don't recognise the headset.
Got a new one from PDA-Shop and the same history as discribed above continues. :confused::confused::confused:
Options anyone??

Last edited:

Ohamn

Feb 27, 2007
Oskarshamn
HTC RC E100 does not work with my Rhodium

Hi there!

I just got a new Rhodium from my employer and tried the RC E100 I bought for my Topaz.
The only thing that works is that it "transports" the sound from the USB port to the earphones.
No button what so ever works, nothing at all happends when i press a button.

Just a friendly reminder for those of you that plan to buy one! :rolleyes:

PS. I run the latest Swedish stock ROM (it's a company phone ;) )

// Ohamn

MilchCow

May 2, 2007
Copenhagen
Broken?

I have a TP2 and the RC E100 and at first it works fine, but after 2 days the buttons don't react anymore and the same day the phone didnt recognise the headset anymore, other HTC phones also don't recognise the headset.
Got a new one from PDA-Shop and the same history as discribed above continues. :confused::confused::confused:
Options anyone??

Sorry for digging this old thread out again - but have exactly the same phenomenon. RC E100 worked fine initially, no driver required, all buttons working. Now headset is hardly recognised anymore, no buttons no more...And I bought it used from eBay! :( OK, wasn't too expensive, but still!