[ROOT] unrEVOked 3.21: one-click root for Froyo, no downgrading

Search This thread

scottricketts

May 21, 2010
Would someone who downloaded it mind PM'ing it to me? I need to get the IPSec VPN client installed and that needs root access.

Danke schone!

Jun 17, 2010
Optional? I'm not sure what you mean by this....can you switch it back to S-ON from S-OFF with ease or is this something that this 3.2 will not do easily?

codeyh

Sep 21, 2007
TN
calm down guys.. never know what they might find digging into the EVO issues.

when it's ready, they'll release it.

scottricketts

May 21, 2010
Seriously, just EVO's reported the issue, folks here reported success with the OTA Froyo, I'm willing to take the risk to my phone. Would someone mind posting 3.2 on Rapidshare?

Jun 17, 2010
Uh, you can choose whether you want S-OFF or not? :confused:

i get that part, fella...I'm just lost on what the procedure is on how to do it....I followed what it said on the rootwiki page for it, but I get the E: message that it tells your to stop at if you see. I just can't get anyone to help me to the next step OR is this 3.2 release the key to getting to that next step.

rdmerck

Aug 17, 2010
Boston, MA
Seriously, just EVO's reported the issue, folks here reported success with the OTA Froyo, I'm willing to take the risk to my phone. Would someone mind posting 3.2 on Rapidshare?

Ask the original poster, via pm or IRC.

I have no problem posting files that MOTO/HTC/Whatever Named corporations don't want us posting.

But, since the file was pulled by unrEVOked, we should all be polite enough to respect the reasons they may have for pulling it. They have been doing us a great service, and for free at that. The least we can do is respect that and wait until it is officially posted and operating correctly before throwing it out for the masses to download.

While you may be technically proficient to un-brick your phone, if someone was to release faulty software through rapidshare, and it spread like wildfire on the phone forums, then there could be a bunch of bricked phones in the wild, tainting the unrEVOked name and reputation (which is at stake at every release they make).

That being said, the 3.2 tool works wonderfully, tried it on my SO's Incredible this afternoon with no hiccups. Saved me about 45 minutes of completing a downgrade and then re-upgrade.

redtechjunky

Aug 30, 2010
916 "City of Trees", California
Ask the original poster, via pm or IRC.

I have no problem posting files that MOTO/HTC/Whatever Named corporations don't want us posting.

But, since the file was pulled by unrEVOked, we should all be polite enough to respect the reasons they may have for pulling it. They have been doing us a great service, and for free at that. The least we can do is respect that and wait until it is officially posted and operating correctly before throwing it out for the masses to download.

While you may be technically proficient to un-brick your phone, if someone was to release faulty software through rapidshare, and it spread like wildfire on the phone forums, then there could be a bunch of bricked phones in the wild, tainting the unrEVOked name and reputation (which is at stake at every release they make).

That being said, the 3.2 tool works wonderfully, tried it on my SO's Incredible this afternoon with no hiccups. Saved me about 45 minutes of completing a downgrade and then re-upgrade.

See this is why i think they should have just pulled it for Evo users but hey thats just my opinion....... i'm waiting patiently for now.......

i also realize that they cant "just pull it" from evo as its one redirect but hey...... how about .....works on 2.2 except for evo users...... sorry for choosing sprint.....lmao jp

ranger7424

Dec 26, 2006
AZ
That's where the problem lies too many idiots out there download without reading, shame on them, but somehow they always manage to make it the providers fault regardless. Give these guys time, their reputation is on the table and they want to make sure they don't disappoint anyone with poor work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

StirCwazy

Jul 14, 2008
That's where the problem lies too many idiots out there download without reading, shame on them, but somehow they always manage to make it the providers fault regardless. Give these guys time, their reputation is on the table and they want to make sure they don't disappoint anyone with poor work.

Very well said, agreed.

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne
See this is why i think they should have just pulled it for Evo users but hey thats just my opinion....... i'm waiting patiently for now.......

i also realize that they cant "just pull it" from evo as its one redirect but hey...... how about .....works on 2.2 except for evo users...... sorry for choosing sprint.....lmao jp
I believe they want to be sure the EVO bug isn't applicable to other phones.

These guys are good. Give them a chance.

Plus, I heeded their warning that the OTA might take some time to root...so I'm not waiting! :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

We've been working pretty hard to bring you unrEVOked 3.2 with out-of-the-box, one-click support for all Android versions on the Incredible.

Available for Linux, Mac, and Windows:
    http://www.unrevoked.com/recovery/

Please start by visiting the help page and reading it through:

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/unrevoked3

1. Windows users MUST install the HBOOT drivers for this to work:
    http://www.unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php?id=public:windows_hboot_driver_install

2. Windows users need to uninstall HTC Sync or any other program that might talk to the phone over USB (doubletwist, etc). Disabling HTC Sync from the system tray is not enough. They interfere with the root process and will cause problems.

3. When asked for USB connection type, select "Charge Only" and "Remember this".

Special thanks to Sebastian Krahmer for the rageagainstthecage exploit.
    Go into drivers and find Android* and delete. This time when you install the drivers, select the root directory of the extracted modified drivers instead of 32-bit / 64-bit specifically. You should get some message that they are not signed. Accept to install anyway.

Launch the unrevoked program without your phone connected. When prompred, connect your phone.

Just an update, I rerooted with 3.21 and Amon's Recovery and everything worked great. Is there any perk to using Clockwork or should I just stick with what is working me me?
    Didn't wipe anything when I rooted my phone or my friend's. Superuser gets installed automatically, not sure about busybox.
    D
    Deleted member 2776902
    http://noobgui.de/wiki/index.php?title=What_to_do_if_you're_S-OFF_but_can't_get_root

So i can't get root on my friends incredible. I went to the irc room for unrevoked, and no one responded to my queries, so i found that article, and would really like to know if it applies only to Evo, or if those files in there would work for the incredible?

So it IS S-OFF right? If so, than the instructions are pretty much the same. Different files for recovery though.

CWM 2.5.1.2 Link

CWM 3.0.0.8 Link

Just rename "PB31IMG.zip" and place on root of SD card. (Formatted FAT 32). It will install ClockWorkMod recovery. You can the flash a file to get root, or even better. Flash one of the great ROM's around here on XDA. But of course, flashing a ROM will wipe your phone, if that's important.