Extensive note taking and drawing

Search This thread

raundown

Jun 1, 2009
Hi Im always lookin to replace my small lecture notepad with tablet or phone and it seems ZU is the perfect size for such task. Do any of you do the same and what's your take on the responsiveness of the screen and stylus? I understand there's not active digitizer which is quite a shame but in portrait mode will I be able to write comfortably and rest my palm on the desk?

Cheers

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

raundown

Jun 1, 2009
Also is the screen picky on the angle of the stylus must be hold in order to response to it ?

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
The only thing that comes to mind is that how will you protect the glass from scratches :) The Z Ultra is able to take input from ordinary pencil but to do so, make it easier to scratch. In term of sensitivity it is near perfect imho, only lacking pressure level recognition.

The way for me to do it was, to buy any additional screen protector (i.e. the Nillkin one will suffice) and use some soft material for a pen, which in my case is an ordinary cheap chopsticks, shaved like a pencil and soaked with water. It works perfectly. Or like some other, they bought the Galaxy C Pen for it. Both shouldn't be able to scratch the screen.

raundown

Jun 1, 2009
Thank you for your input.

I'm going to use a proper stylus even though the phone is capable of recognizing a variety of pen and pencil. Besides pencil will certainly leave lead on the screen. My concern is how does it fare comparing with pen and paper.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

raundown

Jun 1, 2009
After some research I'm now swinging to galaxy note 3 instead. Despite of the size of the ZU I think Sony is marketing it towards leisure instead of sketches and note taking.