[SOLVED] FASTBOOT flash recovery remote: not allowed (update boot.img and system.img

Search This thread

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
I'm trying to reflash the default the original recovery in order to install

OTA_K2PLC_CL_JB422_SENSE50_MR_Cricket_US_3.02.1050.10-2.04.1050.5_release_343402dpsh8ror12wwdww2.zip

(4.2.2 and touch5 OTA)

What is causing this error and how do I get past it? :confused:

I'd try flashing the zip, but cwm can't mount the sdcard for some reason

cricket/moonshined/rooted/superCID

Last edited:
Reactions: mjjyo

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
Yes. Unlocked bootloader, rooted, moonshine s-off, with supercid (1s). Not radio, s-off, only moonshined (disables the check, from what I understand)

Reactions: p3rk

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
start with phone connected to computer while booted in OS.

then open command prompt

adb reboot bootloader

adb kill-server

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot reboot

Reactions: Jaayyrod

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
start with phone connected to computer while booted in OS.

then open command prompt

adb reboot bootloader

adb kill-server

fastboot reboot

same result

Code:
C:\Users\user\Desktop\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\Users\user\Desktop\platform-tools>adb kill-server
* server not running *

C:\Users\user\Desktop\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
< waiting for device >
sending 'recovery' (8478 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)

C:\Users\user\Desktop\platform-tools>

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
ok....when in fastboot, unplug usb from computer....

then send command

then plug usb into computer

see if that flashes it

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
Okay, I see the problem now. Somehow, somewhere along the line, my bootloader got locked again... no idea how (last OTA update, perhaps?) (says TAMPERED/LOCKED)

Do I simply follow the same procedure I did the first time, or will supercid/s-off be a problem?

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
lol

#EDIT#

yeah, just

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

S-OFF and superCID won't be a problem

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

also with s-off, no need to ever lock/relock you're bootloader again...

Last edited:

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
lol

#EDIT#

yeah, just

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

S-OFF and superCID won't be a problem

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

also with s-off, no need to ever lock/relock you're bootloader again...

wait, I'm confused. Didn't I have to unlock it again right now, despite being s-off, in order to flash my recovery? Or did you mean the pl80.zip method would have worked without unlocking, since I have s-off?

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
nope, sorry I posted before I read you 'oops I'm relocked' post

you gotta be unlocked to flash anything, s-on or s-off

keep it unlocked, there is no reason to lock it again after you unlock it this time.....

you can accept OTA updates with unlocked bootloader being s-off

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
Ah, man! I unlocked the bootloader like you said and upon reboot it went to the initial set-up... it factory reset.... despite not having the stock recovery or anything :(

So.., back to square one- flash the recovery and I can apply the OTA update that started this whole mess, correct?

Will I lose the OTA update if I restore a remote nandroid backup from obackup?

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
no, you'll still be able to receive it

and as long as your

/system

is in stock condition it will go through

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
by /system in stock condition, you mean as in not having removed all the bs I didn't want/use in order to make room, right? because I removed the cricket account app (which did nothing anyway, the default facebook app, the rescue app... a lot o things. I have backups of the apks and the app data, though. :D

Of course, because f-k me, my nandroid seems to be corrupted :victory:

godammit, I just want to get this OTA update installed because it has touch5 and an updated Android. I'd tery installing from sideload, but CWM can't mount the sd card :highfive:

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
by /system in stock condition, you mean as in not having removed all the bs I didn't want/use in order to make room, right? because I removed the cricket account app (which did nothing anyway, the default facebook app, the rescue app... a lot o things. I have backups of the apks and the app data, though. :D

godammit, I just want to get this OTA update installed because it has touch5 and an updated Android. I'd tery installing from sideload, but CWM can't mount the sd card :highfive:

what about the zip I linked to you?

just flash it

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2fq45couq54eop/4.1.2_JB_Crkt_2.04.1050.3_stock_odexed.zip

flash this then stock recovery and update after

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

twrp twrp twrp....

I've got a twrp backup too if you want to restore it(with twrp) of course, lol

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
Since we're s-off, we can then flash cwm or twrp back, install root and supersu from a .zip, and use rom toolbox to start hacking all the garbage back out again (and reinstalling the xposed framwork and all the good stuff) while enjoying sense 5 and android 4.whateverversionIdon'tevenrememberrightnow-2,ithink, correct? So like square one (when we bought the phone), but but with the latest OTA? :silly:

<-- just knowledgeable enough to make a mess, apparently

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Russelvone, if I ever meet you (or modding.my.mind,or Old Splatterhand) I owe you a pint :highfive:

More good news: Now it's seeing the OTA update. Downloading now to try updating (if it works, then we'll put twrp or cwm back on) :good:

what about the zip I linked to you?

just flash it

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2fq45couq54eop/4.1.2_JB_Crkt_2.04.1050.3_stock_odexed.zip

flash this then stock recovery and update after

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

twrp twrp twrp....

I've got a twrp backup too if you want to restore it(with twrp) of course, lol
    I'm trying to reflash the default the original recovery in order to install

OTA_K2PLC_CL_JB422_SENSE50_MR_Cricket_US_3.02.1050.10-2.04.1050.5_release_343402dpsh8ror12wwdww2.zip

(4.2.2 and touch5 OTA)

What is causing this error and how do I get past it? :confused:

I'd try flashing the zip, but cwm can't mount the sdcard for some reason

cricket/moonshined/rooted/superCID
    Yes. Unlocked bootloader, rooted, moonshine s-off, with supercid (1s). Not radio, s-off, only moonshined (disables the check, from what I understand)

Okay, since fastboot freezes the pc, I added the default android-info.txt from here and created the PL80IMG.zip via 7-zip

It's in HBoot updating system right now...

edit:: it goes back and forth between updating and unzipping... is that normal? How long should I wait for the entire proccess? I realize it's more than a gig, fso it makes sense that it could a little while

edit:: okay.. both say ok.... power button reboot...

*crosses fingers*

Okay, looks good! Thank you, sir! I now oew you two pints :D

Now to go find out how to disable Tell HTC...