MDL S4 WiFi just stopped working

Search This thread

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
My son just came and told me his Wi-Fi isn't working. It's MDL and rooted. I tried doing a factory wipe, tried a couple different roms and it still won't turn on. It's been awhile since I had to odin but I can't find a stock rooted MDL file to flash unless someone has any other ideas.

Sent from my unlocked At&t M8

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
My son just came and told me his Wi-Fi isn't working. It's MDL and rooted. I tried doing a factory wipe, tried a couple different roms and it still won't turn on. It's been awhile since I had to odin but I can't find a stock rooted MDL file to flash unless someone has any other ideas.

Use the nb1 tar instead

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Phoneguy589

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
Why don't you flash the full mdl from samfirmware and reroot. If it is truly, mdl and you flash nb1 you will lose the ability to run custom roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phoneguy589

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
Yeah, it's definitely MDL and was running ib4std's KK rom. I tried flashing task's AOKP, SHOstock's new rom....even formatted the internal sd and the WiFi toggle just won't turn on for any of them. Don't know what my son did but I'm hoping doing an Odin back to stock works.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Yeah, it's definitely MDL and was running ib4std's KK rom. I tried flashing task's AOKP, SHOstock's new rom....even formatted the internal sd and the WiFi toggle just won't turn on for any of them. Don't know what my son did but I'm hoping doing an Odin back to stock works.

Yeah, my bad I read your firmware as mld. Definitely don't use nb1. Sammobile.com is another alternative

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
Got the one_click version to install and pass but WiFi still won't turn on. I'm downloading the Att version from sammobile now and will try an older version of Odin. Hopefully this zip can just be unzipped to a .tar. No clue why WiFi is not turning on, everything else seems to work fine.

Last edited:
G

GuestX0019

Be open to the idea it may be the hardware itself--:(

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
Be open to the idea it may be the hardware itself--:(
My son had dropped it a few months ago and I had to replace the screen and display but everything was fine until a week ago. Oh well, at least I had an active that we weren't using. Guess I'll just sell it. Thanks to anyone that replied and tried to help. :beer:

G

GuestX0019

My son had dropped it a few months ago and I had to replace the screen and display but everything was fine until a week ago. Oh well, at least I had an active that we weren't using. Guess I'll just sell it. Thanks to anyone that replied and tried to help. :beer:

Sorry bro :(

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
Some good news I guess... Local little shop said they could fix it for $50 which is obviously worth it to do. I'll find out more tomorrow once it is apart to see what is wrong. Might be a ribbon cable wasn't seated properly after the screen was replaced but I'd rather have it done by someone that can guarantee it gets fixed ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Use the nb1 tar instead

Why don't you flash the full mdl from samfirmware and reroot. If it is truly, mdl and you flash nb1 you will lose the ability to run custom roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk