• Redesigned notification area
  • Redesigned lockscreen
  • Redesigned recents
  • ART runtime
  • Privacy controls
  • Better battery / more smoothness
  • Screen mirroring / casting

AndroidPolice I/O Android Articles
Keep | Rotation Lock | Roundup | Google Search | Drive | Play Services | Ad | BLE Health | Play Games | Slides | Enterprise Security | Gmail API | Fit | Preview Site | Screen Mirroring | Drive Apps | Privacy Controls | ART & 64bit | API | Hera | Mobile Search | Notifications | Android One | Android L

Screenshots
Nhy46sZ.png
RA7ipqQ.png
vVrKYA4.png
9pYdujb.png
EPFZlwO.png

Last edited:

Empu

Mar 30, 2012
Santiago
Android L on this phone? Maybe as a custom rom I could see it happening, because "officially" we're still stuck on 4.2.2 Jellybean, so if we haven't even made it to 4.3 Jellybean or 4.4 Kit Kat ... :silly:

sudhamsu

Jul 23, 2012
I don't know.. I really like this flat and clean and kinda bright look of L :). Personally, I really love what I've seen so far of the Material Design UI. Much better than Holo, imo, which I feel has become old-looking since quite some time now. :p
I agree. The new design looks cleaner (maybe only a little more than holo) but its definitely feels more energetic! Got to give it to Google for redesigning the navbar buttons as well - it's a bold move considering that the new buttons are not as intuitive as the old ones, but I guess people have gotten used to the three ever-present buttons enough to change their look now. I also like that Google has finally included status bar and navbar coloring (as opposed to the transparent effect that could be employed in KitKat, which is also good depending on the app). On the same lines, Google is also providing the developers with a tool to extract prominent colors out of images to use them in corresponding layout etc. Overall, this is looks like a heavy overhaul and a (positive) shift in Android (also referring to One, TV, Wear, Auto, and other new things introduced today/yesterday).

Last edited:

primemonitor

Jan 4, 2014
New Delhi
I agree. The new design looks cleaner (maybe only a little more than holo) but its definitely feels more energetic! Got to give it to Google for redesigning the navbar buttons as well - it's a bold move considering that the new buttons are not as intuitive as the old ones, but I guess people have gotten used to the three ever-present buttons enough to change their look now. I also like that Google has finally included status bar and navbar coloring (as opposed to the transparent effect that could be employed in KitKat, which is also good depending on the app). On the same lines, Google is also providing the developers with a tool to extract prominent colors out of images to use them in corresponding layout etc. Overall, this is looks like a heavy overhaul and a (positive) shift in Android (also referring to One, TV, Wear, Auto, and other new things introduced today/yesterday).

Those redesigned navbar buttons are probably the only UI change I feel on the fence about. I'm still not sure if I like them or not.
I agree that its a bold move redesigning them so radically and I appreciate this change, which shouldn't be a dealbreaker for most since, as you said, people are probably already used to the positions by now.
But I feel like they kind of don't fit with the new design as much as the other elements. Like they are too bold (or heavy? :p) as compared to the flat design. Maybe I would've been on board more readily if they were a bit more.. timid, maybe?

And yes, this was a big event with lots major anouncements. Looks like Google is finally putting a lot more focus on integration and cohesiveness across multiple platforms and devices :good::eek:

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Any ideas when Android L will be released?

coolhz

Nov 3, 2013
@Joery360 but maybe it will be possible to port the ROM for our L . As you said its a system image of Nexus 5 and 7 , can't devs merge the essentials and make it run on the Xperia L? Because many people will wanna get their hands on the L with L before this Fall.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

G

GuestK0058

@Joery360 but maybe it will be possible to port the ROM for our L . As you said its a system image of Nexus 5 and 7 , can't devs merge the essentials and make it run on the Xperia L? Because many people will wanna get their hands on the L with L before this Fall.

We can take APK's from the factory image ofc. But we'll have to wait till fall for source build CM12

Homescreen Android L style on my Xperia L
C3nckLn.png

Joel16

Sep 3, 2013
The navbar looks pretty cool. It wouldn't be right if our Xperia "L" doesn't receive Android "L" lol.
PS I don't mean official, cause of course that's not gonna happen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Hnk1
    I don't think it'll be hard to build it for our taoshan as it's not a legacy device (unlike my other devices which will also certainly get L). Also, nobody will have to build up a device tree since it has already been done, it will just need some little updates here and there (as usual).
    BTW, I'd find it harder to make KitKat look like L and port everything back instead of just building it from source... ;)

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk
    will we start the port for xl or has someone started .I don't want to make this issue more hot just had some info about his to go about it I xa. actually peform the port files are in my PC .u can see my work I have even the system dump of n5 on n5 forum check my profile.

if u grant me permission I will do .

check thishttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799195

I an not doing this alone .devs have successful to port L on one x .
    rgds
    startracker.

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/lpv-79-mako-port-beta-t2807446
    Holo got killed

Settings
    original.jpg
    Well that looks ugly.

And why do you juniors out there insist on having EVERY SINGLE latest version of Android ? How about having ONE really stable instead kiddos ?
    Did only 12 years old kids buy this phone ?

Cause updates can actually include bug fixes and other useful things such as battery and performance optimization, why else? At least that's my point.

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app
    I can port android l features to xperia L cause its possible !! I'll try my best.

Just pm me when its arrived .
    Thanks for this useful thread mate!:thumbup:

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app