[REF] GALAXY S4 (I9500/I9505) GSM / NON-HLOS - MODEM'S Collection (Odin/CWM/TWRP)

Search This thread
Jul 10, 2013
No, what i mean is

No, what i mean is, sim unlocked. because my phone is locked on one carrier, then i decided it to be unlocked by a technician, and after that the problem starts.

ElFoldo

Oct 27, 2013
Prague
Similar problem

I also have wifi issues.

To me it happened on a factory standard gt-i9505, i just woke up one day and wifi wouldnt turn on..

I tried alot of different roms/modems/kernels, but only ended up softbricking my phone.
Got it flashed with stock rom evetually, but no wifi still...

Mostly wondering if there is any way to determine if the problem is with the hardware or not... Since for me it happened somwhere in a timeinterval where I didnt change anything on the phone, unless it auto updated..

cdzo72

Guys, I need some help regarding my Samsung S4, GT-I9505, the problem starts after a technician managed to sim unlocked my unit using unlocked gadget "blue box"?? (I'm not sure), as expected, the sim has been unlocked, but my new problem is the WIFI, it keeps on HALF lit state, meaning, it seems to turning on, and if I will try connecting to a network, the WIFI will crash, and restart stating : "Failed to connect to the network". I already flashed it with MI8 firmware, and the latest leaked MJ3, but no luck, I also flashed it with the WIFI-FIX MI8 BL firmware, but still the problem persist, I BADLY NEED HELP. can anyone help me with this?, or maybe my WIFI is broked?, what to do guys?

THANKS, i need help.

If it's the crappy little bluebox I'm thinking about then the so called technician may very well have damaged your phone's hardware...

I will never understand why people buy top of the line phones but then use cheap solutions and accessories.

Why didn't you just purchase an unlock code online?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 10, 2013
If it's the crappy little bluebox I'm thinking about then the so called technician may very well have damaged your phone's hardware...

I will never understand why people buy top of the line phones but then use cheap solutions and accessories.

Why didn't you just purchase an unlock code online?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I will let him check my phone again, so that he can diagnosed the problem. but for now ill will try for the last time, i will flash this one with OFFICIAL 4.3 FIRMWARE and let see what happen. anw, about buying code online : i'm on my limit with my card, so i can't purchase anything right now. :D

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
But does flashing, unlocking sim/carrier damage hardware?

Flashing implies writing the flash memory at the low level (or, at least, at a level that is lower than the level of writing a .mp3 file to your storage). That means the flash memory will get worn out in time, say, if you wipe & flash the entire flash storage 10 times a day, chances are your phone is gonna get slower and slower by the months that go by.

At least as far as I know... :)

-----

I don't know about unlocking the carrier's restrictions, but I think it's a bit deeper than simply flashing a ROM. In any way, it CAN be harmful, if done uncorrectly.

Reactions: Aerodeath

vytauts9

Oct 23, 2013
so, does it means that unlocking sim restrictions on s4 running on 4.3 Jelly bean will break the WIFI?

No

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

So any educated/experienced hacker can help to fix my wifi or not? At first I was on 4.2.2 I9505XXUDMGG wifi didnt worked but bluetooth worked sometimes so then I decided to update to 4.3 I9505XXUEMJ5 and it still doesn't work. What should I do to make it work?

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Thanks, but may I ask.. can I flash the XXUEMJ5 modem even though I'm using Android 4.2.2? I think that modem is for 4.3 only right?

I don't think that will be a problem. ;)

If I can use it, can I ask for a CWM flashable zip file instead?

Nope. They can't be flashed through recovery. You MUST use Odin (PC, not mobile!).

There's a thanks button for that :good:

Garfield3333

May 10, 2012
Modem XXUEMJ8 maybe it is the same XXUEMJ5 i don´t know
but hear it is....
v0rwnxll

Garfield3333

May 10, 2012
Modem XXUEMJ8 maybe it is the same XXUEMJ5 i don´t know
but hear it is....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• I9500XXUEMJ5_modem.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 2,309
  • I9500XXUEMJ8_modem.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 2,111
Reactions: Formhault

martinakerman

Sep 28, 2007
Fuengirola
Please help.
A have I9505 with base band MGA
With 4.2.2 roms works perfect.
With pac man (Cm Based) ROM 4.3 works perfect too.
But I have installed Golden eye ROM, official 4.3 and I really like it, but I have signal connection issues, in the ROM thread said I should use the last MJ5 baseband.
I tried to flash it following all the steps.
But in the phone info option, I still see MGA baseband, and still with the problems.

Once I flash it correctly, should it change in the about info, to MJ5?

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts