[Q] Changing LCD density

Search This thread

scpion

May 31, 2009
Hi,

Im about to buy this phone in a day or two. Just wondering if anyone has changed LCD density to about 400? Just want to make sure the stock rom is able to handle it. Thanks

I doubt so.. Just few days ago I changed it to 320 and after reboot, constant fc and I can't do anything. End up sent it back to Lg.... Problem with our handset is there is no custom recovery to fall back to.

ccelis

Dec 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi thanks for the feedback. Currently my Optimus G Pro also FC's the system on anything under 400, but is working perfectly on 400dpi so I'm wondering if anyone has tried. It's actually going to make me decide if I want to go on and buy the G Pro 2. If not I might just get the G2, or save up for the G3. Thanks

Jun 10, 2014
I have my G Pro 2 running at 355 dpi, any lower and the SystemUI will constantly crash so you'll have to flash the system again like I did once. I wouldn't suggest any lower than 350 dpi or you'll run into problems.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-01-10-41-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-01-10-41-57.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 431

scpion

May 31, 2009
I have my G Pro 2 running at 355 dpi, any lower and the SystemUI will constantly crash so you'll have to flash the system again like I did once. I wouldn't suggest any lower than 350 dpi or you'll run into problems.

That's very good to know. No wonder mine messed up at 320... Does changing to a non stock dpi mess up the stock apps? I remember mine when at 320 the camera view finder didn't scale properly.

Jun 10, 2014
That's very good to know. No wonder mine messed up at 320... Does changing to a non stock dpi mess up the stock apps? I remember mine when at 320 the camera view finder didn't scale properly.

Yeah the apps that didn't work properly were the camera, music app, music widget and sometimes the quick settings in the notification panel

mobilezonerm

Dec 5, 2007
what app you use to change density?
i have try build.prop editor but the phone back to stock density value when reboot, whit lcd density pro i haved a kernel panic and i haved to restore whit tot (for both of software i have set 355, and the phone is rooted).
thank

benedict888

Apr 14, 2007
Running at 370.. Great.. LG apps and widgets functioning well..

360 causes widgets and LG apps to misbehave..

enkhtwshn

Nov 21, 2012
Ulaanbaatar
one question..why we set lower density ? better performance or what?

More information on the screen = less scrolling. In case of AOSB apps/UI goes to full tablet mode - the best thing ever.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Hi,

Im about to buy this phone in a day or two. Just wondering if anyone has changed LCD density to about 400? Just want to make sure the stock rom is able to handle it. Thanks
You may try to use Xposed with The special LG debugging zip to go under 400 till 160. keep widgets and lg apps as 400 and others for your needs

Reactions: jabi_james

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I use xposed app settings to set the stock apps only back to 480.

Sent from my LG-F240L
    one question..why we set lower density ? better performance or what?

More information on the screen = less scrolling. In case of AOSB apps/UI goes to full tablet mode - the best thing ever.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Hi,

You may try to use Xposed with The special LG debugging zip to go under 400 till 160. keep widgets and lg apps as 400 and others for your needs