[ROM][4.4.x] SlimKat - P880 - Optimus X4HD [Build 8.1 ][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

MidnightDevil

Apr 2, 2012
London
Redmi Note 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The built in kernel is also heavily modified by p880-devs ... (Demetris, Laufer.. etc) and works wonders...
I don't mean disrespecting anyone, I used to flash Iodak's too.. but then I took a p880-dev-kernel to the knee...

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

AbyssPlug can now be used with no problems :D
Update: Spoke too soon.... but I'm considering something with TricksterMod (also happens with Kernel Tuner).
Worked fine on native cpu settings on CM11.

MidnightDevil

Apr 2, 2012
London
Redmi Note 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Is there a separate p880-dev kernel zip to flash? Cuz i tried the one in the rom,but it doest nt gave undervolt options,and i use it cuz the battery life is really bad.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There's a couple attachements somewhere on Slim and Cm... but the are outdated.
However, it's the default built in kernel. No undervolt or underclock tho, so if you really need those than yeah, I guess you're better with Iodak. I only suggested 'cause it's working great, it's fast and it's been worked on a lot. Performance is also kick ass!

Flying_Bear

Jan 16, 2011
on latest build, no deep sleep at all, device is stuck at 340mhz as lowest frequency at all times. kinda like userspace cpuquiet, even though balanced is selected

maus01

Mar 11, 2011
Great ROM really smooth. But camera doesnt work and i lost root:confused:

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Great ROM really smooth. But camera doesnt work and i lost root:confused: can i root it while on 4.4.2

gmajnkek

Jun 8, 2010
Great ROM really smooth. But camera doesnt work and i lost root:confused:

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

You did not lose root. Its in settings in advanced options. Look for it.

Reactions: maus01

maus01

Mar 11, 2011
Oeps, thanks :D i was already worried

IcanhasLG

Feb 27, 2014
The built in kernel is also heavily modified by p880-devs ... (Demetris, Laufer.. etc) and works wonders...
I don't mean disrespecting anyone, I used to flash Iodak's too.. but then I took a p880-dev-kernel to the knee...

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

AbyssPlug can now be used with no problems :D
Update: Spoke too soon.... but I'm considering something with TricksterMod (also happens with Kernel Tuner).
Worked fine on native cpu settings on CM11.

Also works with kernel tweaker that should cover all bases since it's got every setting and then some.

ottomanhero

Jan 4, 2013
Fix for CPUquiet & deepsleep and question about 3D scaling.

on latest build, no deep sleep at all, device is stuck at 340mhz as lowest frequency at all times. kinda like userspace cpuquiet, even though balanced is selected

Go to sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuquiet/tegra_cpuquiet/enable and change the value from 0 to 1.Even changing CPUquiet governor keeps this value at 0.Changing it to 1 also fixed deepsleep problems.Thing is it is set back to 0 on boot so you'd better use an init.d script to have a permanent solution.

Script to auto enable it on boot : (you can replace runnable with balanced if you prefer it)
#!/system/bin/sh
echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuquiet/tegra_cpuquiet/enable
echo "runnable" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuquiet/current_governor

I'm trying to get iodak kernel to work on this ROM.I've figured out why cpuquiet was not working.However my GPU frequency is always stuck at 200 mhz.I can only get it to scale up by setting all frequencies to 520.So that means GPU scaling is off and there is no option to turn it on from trickstermod.Anyone know a manual method to turn 3D scaling on? Since I'm going to overclock my GPU I don't want it runing on max frequency at all the time.

Even though CM11 official gives better 3D score etc. I feel like I get better battery/performance ratio out of ROMs that have grouper blobs so I'd appreciate any help on fixing 3D scaling.

EDIT : Just checked /sys/devices/gr3d/devfreq/gr3d/enable_3d_scaling and it's already set to 1 but for some reason my GPU won't scale above 200 mhz.I don't think the problem is on my end or is caused by kernel since I never faced this problem in any other ROMs.

Last edited:

jitesh22

Oct 25, 2009
My phone heats up a lot while usage..
It gets very very hot..
I'm using iodak kernel 9.5
And i also cant find Themes option in settings..

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
My phone heats up a lot while usage..
It gets very very hot..
I'm using iodak kernel 9.5
And i also cant find Themes option in settings..

1: Move back to the packaged kernel, then tell us about the heat.
2: If you can't find themes option, then the slimkat devs either haven't implemented a theme engine in their source or have removed it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slim_op_v05.jpg

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:

The Real Dark Slim
    Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    SlimCenter
    Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    Camera Features
    Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Chat with the slim team and other slim users

IRC: #slimusers at #freenode
    New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    Google+ [link]
    Twitter [link]
    Facebook [Link]

Downloads

Build 4.2
    http://goo.im/devs/demetris/Optimus...-4.4.2.build.4.2-UNOFFICIAL-20140410-1951.zip
    Build 4.4
    http://goo.im/devs/demetris/Optimus...-4.4.2.build.4.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140414-1808.zip
    Build 4.6
    http://goo.im/devs/demetris/Optimus...-4.4.2.build.4.6-UNOFFICIAL-20140421-1951.zip
    Build 4.6 kernel updated
    http://goo.im/devs/demetris/Optimus...-4.4.2.build.4.6-UNOFFICIAL-20140427-1145.zip
    Build 5.2
    http://goo.im/devs/demetris/Optimus...-4.4.2.build.5.2-UNOFFICIAL-20140520-2148.zip
    Build > 5.2 Credit: laufersteppenwolf <-thanks buddy ;)
    http://goo.im/devs/laufersteppenwolf/SlimKat

SlimGapps and other addons for 4.4.x SlimKat here.

CREDITS:
    LG for initial sources!
    Ricardo Cerqueira for CyanogenMod support
    Adam77Root,Me,laufersteppenwolf Great Teamwork Guys kudos!
    Slim Developers for their sources!
    CyanogenMod Team for Cyanogenmod!

banner-galaxy-tab-10-1-p7510-p7500-slim-bean-rom-121220.jpg
    ok get ready to press thanks button :D
    This is going official :highfive:

I need two official beta testers @laufersteppenwolf since you ask first, you are the one if still interested
    And i need one more ;)
    Build 4.6 is out.
    Mako touch driver+Tegra4 Nvidia blobs and rild.
    Enjoy
    Uploaded New 4.6 build with updated kernel :D
    Flash and you are welcome to fly with me! :laugh:
    By the way camera shoot is now working flawlessly on grouper blobs only 1st photo will lag a bit. :highfive:
    Guys, I've got something for y'all ;) :D

HERE's a working SlimKat build (3.85) which I built last night ;)
    And yeah, I do have @Demetris 's permissions to post this file here ;)

So, happy flashing ;)