[Q] ROM-AOSP Stock Jelly Bean 4.3.1_r1 suddenly "Google Play Services has stopped"

Search This thread

gcvsa

Dec 29, 2011
[Q] ROM-AOSP Stock Jelly Bean 4.3.1_r1 suddenly "Google Play Services has stopped"

I've been running the [ROM-AOSP] Stock Jelly Bean 4.3.1_r1 for the Kindle Fire [10-10 4.3.1_r1 "master"] for a couple of months, and everything has been great, but suddenly, just after the first of the year, I started getting persistent "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped" errors, followed by "com.google.process.gapps has stopped" and "com.google.android.gsf.login has stopped".

I have tried disabling Google Play Services, uninstalling its updates, wiping its cache and data, the same for Download Services, and even done a full cache and Dalvik cache wipe, to no avail. As soon as I boot the Fire, I get "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped.", and the cycle repeats every coupld of minutes, or everytime I access an app that requires some functionality thereof.

Again, everything was fine until just after the first of the year. Google has updated Google Play Services at least twice in the past 30 days, and obviously some update broke this functionality. I'd also seen that perhaps it might be related to the ART/Dalvik dichotomy, but this ROM doesn't have the option to switch between the two.

Anyone who can offer any help on this would be much appreciated. I've had a good two year run with my $200 Kindle Fire, and have run Hashcode's ROMs all this time. I've been particularly happy with their AOSP stock ROMs, but I think the 1st gen Kindle Fire is reaching the end of iuts useful lifespan. I can't even use it to access xda-dev forums without the browser crashing. :( The thing is, I can't afford to upgrade my tablet right now, and I don't want a different ROM with all kinds of extraneous crap loaded on it. I just want the stock Android build. It was a risk buying the Fire when it came out, but the Nexus 7 didn't exist, yet.

jvmatthews

Jan 28, 2014
I've been running the [ROM-AOSP] Stock Jelly Bean 4.3.1_r1 for the Kindle Fire [10-10 4.3.1_r1 "master"] for a couple of months, and everything has been great, but suddenly, just after the first of the year, I started getting persistent "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped" errors, followed by "com.google.process.gapps has stopped" and "com.google.android.gsf.login has stopped".
I have precisely the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what's up?

Last edited: