Oh hi Carrier IQ

Search This thread

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
Well,

Looks like its not just the G2 that is loaded with CIQ. Ugh.

6e9e3e6u.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kennypow3rs

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
you can't use the sd card in twrp right now, but it works fine when in the OS.

so you don't lose sd support so much as you just don't have it in recovery (yet)

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
Actually I'll be waiting for stock recovery to get dumped here. Can't seem to find it anywhere

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Actually I'll be waiting for stock recovery to get dumped here. Can't seem to find it anywhere

JmZ has a copy of the stock recovery already available. Plus TWRP Is working just fine with my SD card. He fixed all these issues on version 7.0.2. Check the thread in development

Nathan2

May 21, 2013

You don't need to flash the custom recovery to your phone to use it, you can just boot it "one time" from your computer by using the 'fastboot boot' command (instead of 'fastboot flash recovery'). Also, the official TWRP 2.7.0.2 release supports the SD card as mentioned above. It's at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2698134

Question: is adding ro.ciq.ril=0 to the build.prop file really sufficient to completely disable Carrier IQ? After doing this is there anything I else I can do, other than installing the checker app, to make sure it's really off?

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
You don't need to flash the custom recovery to your phone to use it, you can just boot it "one time" from your computer by using the 'fastboot boot' command (instead of 'fastboot flash recovery'). Also, the official TWRP 2.7.0.2 release supports the SD card as mentioned above. It's at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2698134

Question: is adding ro.ciq.ril=0 to the build.prop file really sufficient to completely disable Carrier IQ? After doing this is there anything I else I can do, other than installing the checker app, to make sure it's really off?

I actually just unlocked rooted and flashed ARHD. No more AT&T bullsheit

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Ill deal with it till my dev edition comes in....then ill convert the att build to dev edition once soff is achieved... @carrier iq....I suggested the build.prop edit as it worked in previous releases....may or may not work.....

Nathan2

May 21, 2013
I actually just unlocked rooted and flashed ARHD. No more AT&T bullsheit

Do you notice any reception or LTE performance differences going from the AT&T firmware to the International variant (on which ARHD is based)?

I flashed KnoxRaid which is based on the AT&T stock and also gets rid of carrier IQ and AT&T bloatware, but mobile hotspot/tethering still doesn't work. So I want to try ARHD or Maximus but I'm worried maybe reception/battery life won't be as good?

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
Do you notice any reception or LTE performance differences going from the AT&T firmware to the International variant (on which ARHD is based)?

I flashed KnoxRaid which is based on the AT&T stock and also gets rid of carrier IQ and AT&T bloatware, but mobile hotspot/tethering still doesn't work. So I want to try ARHD or Maximus but I'm worried maybe reception/battery life won't be as good?

No ARHD is solid, mike1986 is one of the most respected devs in my opinion. Can't comment on tethering though I never use it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nathan2

iTchill

Jan 4, 2012
We are so blessed ..I got mine from Rogers 8 days before it's out and guess what .!!!!
u7ese6eq.jpg

indymx

Jan 17, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I unlocked the bootloader, rooted and deleted a couple of Carrier IQ libs I found in the system folder.

Not seeing Carrier IQ in Better Battery Stats anymore.

Top Liked Posts