Let's talk about cases and wireless changing - what works and what doesn't:

For example
Works

Generic charging back and cheap gel case works with Tylt charger
Generic charging back and cheap gel case works with LG hockey puck charger
Otterbox defender works with the tylt vu and qi sticker
Nillkin bumper case works with the Tylt wireless charger
Slim Armor works with the Tylt Vu
Qi sticker chip with generic eBay hockey puck (Powerbot clone) and it charges with Seidio Surface
Qi sticker (from GB) on OEM backing with Quick Circle Case (without the built in inductive) works on both the Tylt Vu as well as the LG WCP-300 puck.
Ringke slim case and with the 3 Coil wireless pad+original LG USB cable+2A Samsung charger (links in post #21)
but
Doesn't work

slim armor DIDNT work with Nokia Dt910

Works partially

3rd party quick circle case with wireless charging I got off of Ebay and ordered the WCD-100. Although it worked I kept
getting the center phone correctly message every time I put it on.

Best Buy Insignia TPU case has some trouble with the Tylt Vu. Wireless charging notification pops up frequently

How about posting here what we know works - and what doesn't. I'll update here from your posts so please make my life easier and give me something that I can just cut and paste.

Last edited:
Reactions: irmcz

iazybandit

Jul 21, 2014
www.1kindphotography.com

For example

but

Does the generic charging back and the Tylt work with the Otterbox Defender? How about the Seidio Surface?

How about posting here what we know works.
You forgot about the Qi sticker chips for those who purchased.

I have a Qi sticker chip with generic eBay hockey puck (Powerbot clone) and it charges with Seidio Surface.

Overall, I think wireless charging will work with any case so as long there is no interference such as magnets or something.

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
My otterbox defender works with the tylt vu and qi sticker

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

xlxcrossing

Dec 6, 2009
Soquel, CA
My slim armor DIDNT work with Nokia Dt910. Had the on off issue. Ordered a lg wcd100 will see what happens.

EDIT : forgot to add that i got the slow charging message when using the case.

Last edited:

Damitu

Feb 21, 2010
Lewisville
I have a 3rd party quick circle case with wireless charging I got off of Ebay and ordered the WCD-100. Although it worked I kept
getting the center phone correctly message every time I put it on. Returned that to Amazon and ordered the Tylt. If I continue to have
problems with that one when I get it then I'll know it's the case that's the issue.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
This thread will be hard to follow just like the "What wireless charger works best with the G3" thread. I had to read that thread over and over. lol A list in the OP would be nice but a little time consuming to make I guess.

Nillkin bumper case works with the Tylt wireless charger. I will test the Insignia case at some point.

cb1111

Jan 24, 2010
This thread will be hard to follow just like the "What wireless charger works best with the G3" thread. I had to read that thread over and over. lol A list in the OP would be nice but a little time consuming to make I guess.

Nillkin bumper case works with the Tylt wireless charger. I will test the Insignia case at some point.
Good point. I'll update the firtst post every couple of days.

j76ms

Jul 22, 2010
Best Buy Insignia TPU case has some trouble with the Tylt Vu. Wireless charging notification pops up frequently.

iazybandit

Jul 21, 2014
www.1kindphotography.com

Good point. I'll update the firtst post every couple of days.
sweets55 giving the OP more work? LOL.

OP: have fun updating the post every so often. I've been in that position before. Lol. Also, you didnt update first post with my post in regards to Seidio Surface working.

sweets55

May 25, 2009

OP: have fun updating the post every so often. I've been in that position before. Lol. Also, you didnt update first post with my post in regards to Seidio Surface working.

It should cut down on the same questions and not everyone has time to read a long thread. If OP didn't want to do it I could have done it

Maybe the OP also needs to add "a case and charger might work for someone and not another person. I guess depending on the sticker/placement".

Last edited:

cb1111

Jan 24, 2010

I apologize for not updating the first thread within microseconds of someone posting - sheesh.

In order to make this thread worthwhile, we really need more information on some of the more obscure combinations. Stickers, for example, can come from multiple vendors and each may be a different quality. I'd suggest adding a link for no-name products. I'll continue to update the first post every couple of days for a while until we have a good representation of products.

j76ms

Jul 22, 2010
I am using this OEM rear plate.

I am also using the Best Buy Insignia TPU case.

The charger is the Tylt Vu.

The Tylt works fine without the case on the phone but has trouble with this case.

Attachments

• backplate.JPG
    backplate.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 265

iazybandit

Jul 21, 2014
www.1kindphotography.com
I apologize for not updating the first thread within microseconds of someone posting - sheesh.

In order to make this thread worthwhile, we really need more information on some of the more obscure combinations. Stickers, for example, can come from multiple vendors and each may be a different quality. I'd suggest adding a link for no-name products. I'll continue to update the first post every couple of days for a while until we have a good representation of products.
It was a joke. Calm down. And my comment about the Seidio was because you updated the original post with stuff that was posted after mine and thought you missed it.

As for the Qi sticker chips, there's only one source that makes them but obviously sold by many others.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Just got my official LG qi charger WCD-100. I really like it, it's stable, and charges quite fast for qi. I got it for a pretty good deal so I don't mind and this is my 3rd qi charger that i currently have and by far the best one. It's really nice because I can't place my phone on it the wrong way. You just put it on and you're done! No alignment bs like on my other ones.

Attachments

• 1409341159655.jpg
    1409341159655.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 309
  • 1409341237290.jpg
    1409341237290.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 1409341247458.jpg
    1409341247458.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 267

muira

Apr 4, 2011
Qi sticker (from GB) on OEM backing with Quick Circle Case (without the built in inductive) works on both the Tylt Vu as well as the LG WCP-300 puck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For example
    Works

Otterbox defender works with the tylt vu and qi sticker
    Nillkin bumper case works with the Tylt wireless charger
    Slim Armor works with the Tylt Vu
    Qi sticker chip with generic eBay hockey puck (Powerbot clone) and it charges with Seidio Surface
    Ringke slim case and with the 3 Coil wireless pad+original LG USB cable+2A Samsung charger (links in post #21)
    but
    Doesn't work

slim armor DIDNT work with Nokia Dt910

Works partially

3rd party quick circle case with wireless charging I got off of Ebay and ordered the WCD-100. Although it worked I kept
    getting the center phone correctly message every time I put it on.

Best Buy Insignia TPU case has some trouble with the Tylt Vu. Wireless charging notification pops up frequently

How about posting here what we know works - and what doesn't. I'll update here from your posts so please make my life easier and give me something that I can just cut and paste.
    The Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit case does work with the official G3 wireless charging dock (WCD-100) in my experience. It will throw that "Charging slowly" message but after the latest software updates (currently on 10h) I've found it does charge rather reliably and will not beep or error again once you dismiss the initial warning.

(One tip I have found to ensure reliable charging is to place the device down to charge while the device is unlocked, dismiss the error message by tapping the screen and then waiting a few seconds before locking the device by tapping the status bar)

2jtwgBU.jpg
    How quickly does the WCD-100 charge the phone compared to the wall charger and are you using the wall charger to power it? Thanks.

It's almost as fast and I prefer it hands down over plugging in my phone. The angle of the charger is also nice for viewing when my alarm goes off. Below is a screenshot of it wireless charging from 12% and the predicted time to a full charge.

Screenshot_2014-09-09-23-50-18.png
    So has anyone been looking into wireless chargers with overcharge protection? I would really like to take advantage of them existing with wireless charging technology.

I found this. It looks nice, sounds nice and I am definitely very interested. Maybe someone has bought it before? A little photo for those not curious enough to click on the link and maybe to attract some attention to my post :p
    So has anyone been looking into wireless chargers with overcharge protection? I would really like to take advantage of them existing with wireless charging technology.

I found this. It looks nice, sounds nice and I am definitely very interested. Maybe someone has bought it before? A little photo for those not curious enough to click on the link and maybe to attract some attention to my post :p

It looks nice but that's more than I paid for my LG WCD-100. I don't think there is a qi charger that exceeds 1A to the phone currently. I wonder how the build quality compares.