[ROM - 5/11] CleanROM ICS Ed RC2 -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Sense 3.6 | Tweaks | Refined! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

grindnmosh

Jan 9, 2012
Mesa, AZ
I can't get hotspot or WiFi tether? Is there a fix for this or ics versions of this?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

grindnmosh

Jan 9, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Strange. I am S-On with hoot 1.50. I flashed it using 4EXT (supposed to work on S-ON). It flashed (I didn't flash the firmware), but when I boot it turns off when it gets to the Sense screen.

Wonder what I did wrong.

You can't flash firmware s on. I learned that on 2.17 downgrade already. Downgrade too easy to have fake root

Vdubtx

Jul 24, 2010
In order to run this ROM you have to flash the latest firmware. Freeza has a post somewhere with it. To flash the latest firmware you have to have hboot 1.4. It actually took me a couple hours to download everything i needed to downgrade from 1.5, but it was totally worth it. Looks for the live cd thread, it really helped. Before I properly flashed the firmware, I was also getting bootloops.

Apparently you don't, as others have posted success without updating. I would definitely try not flashing the updates first.

grindnmosh

Jan 9, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Apparently you don't, as others have posted success without updating. I would definitely try not flashing the updates first.

I did that with 2.17 roms and the effects over time when it did flash was horrific. Dont Flash on 1.5 until firmware is official or join the root community and get off that fake root. thanks to unknown your phone can be rooted so either root or dont complain when it doesnt work. It will blow up in your face if you try to do this without firmware abnd 1.5 u cant firmware. You have been warned.

alammori

Feb 8, 2008
Nashville
Long press the screen will give you the option to choose input method if you have more than one keyboard.
I don't know why it is not working on this rom. Is this a bug in ICS or is there another way to do it?

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Long press the screen will give you the option to choose input method if you have more than one keyboard.
I don't know why it is not working on this rom. Is this a bug in ICS or is there another way to do it?

That function is in the notification area, a long as you have multiple keyboards installed. Check your notification bar while keyboard is up.

Reactions: alammori

troyboytn

Sep 21, 2009
Knoxville
Thanks for the rom Scott, everything is great! Glad to see you back in 3vo land! Be great to see all tweaks working.

Last edited:

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
Browser has issues. I think DPI or screen size is wrong

I also can't shut off text prediction on keyboard.

js2393

Jul 12, 2010
I can't get hotspot or WiFi tether? Is there a fix for this or ics versions of this?

Try WiFi Tether version 3.1-beta14. I highly doubt that's the only version that works, but it's the only one I've tried.

For device profile, choose generic ICS, and enable the routing fix and mss clamping.

Works for me over 3G and 4G.

grindnmosh said:
I did that with 2.17 roms and the effects over time when it did flash was horrific. Dont Flash on 1.5 until firmware is official or join the root community and get off that fake root. thanks to unknown your phone can be rooted so either root or dont complain when it doesnt work. It will blow up in your face if you try to do this without firmware abnd 1.5 u cant firmware. You have been warned.

What sort of long-term effects did you have? I'm on 1.4 and didn't upgrade my firmware, and so far there are no issues...

Last edited:

ausch30

Feb 19, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Just a question, a bit off topic. What recovery is everyone using? Last night before going to bed I backed up, wiped everything a couple times, restored my backup of gingerbread, and half my apps were gone. This morning I tried wiping and going back to this and I got an md5 error. Now I need to wipe everything and go through the whole process of setting it up again. I'm using CWM 5.8.0.2

grindnmosh

Jan 9, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Try WiFi Tether version 3.1-beta14. I highly doubt that's the only version that works, but it's the only one I've tried.

For device profile, choose generic ICS, and enable the routing fix and mss clamping.

Works for me over 3G and 4G.

What sort of long-term effects did you have? I'm on 1.4 and didn't upgrade my firmware, and so far there are no issues...

1.4 hboot no firmware was fine for a while and I just did it. when i was 1.5 ended up with random reboots force closes just random stuff with no rhyme or reason and happened to many. since I downgraded I rarely have an issue everrrrr

phonetec

Dec 4, 2009
any plans to include the media tweaks into tweaks?? i need to be able to change songs using the volume up and down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM - 5/11] CleanROM ICS Ed RC2 -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Sense 3.6 | Tweaks | Refined! |★-

CRICSE-3D-RC1.png

about.png

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Virgin Mobile Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich!
    All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 5/11/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 1.13.652.1. No special firmware required.

features.png

• Removed HTC Logging Bloat, JetCet Printer, Polaris Office
    • Custom Tweaks App by Jan!
    • Blackout Sense 4.0 Clock Widget and Skin by qd2dc of Team Blackout!
    • ES File Explorer
    • WiFi Tether
    • Battery Icon with Percent (Stock Battery on SD Card)
    • Super Extended Quick Settings
    • No Location Icon

changes.png

• Added: Swype
    • Added: Full init.d support
    • Added: Minor performance and battery tweaks
    • Fixed: MMS Not working from dock
    • Fixed: Force close on Home key when selecting recent apps
    • Fixed: Dropdown box on browser not readable
    • Fixed: Phantom Voicemail message
    • Fixed: All tweaks now fully functional
    • Fixed: Boot animation to correct sizing by lrod0175
    • Updated: Facebook, Maps, Street View

tweaks.png

Statusbar Tweaks
    • Hide and Reorder Quicksetting
    • Quick quicksettings toggle: If no notification to clear will show Quicksettings
    • Hide WiFi Config
    • Hide Specific Notifications Icons: Alarm / GPS / Bluetooth / WiFi / Data / Headset / Volume
    • Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar
    • Clock Options
    • Recent Apps Toggle
    • Enable Transparency

Sense Tweaks
    • Smooth Rosie Tweaks
    • Toggle Unlock animation
    • Toggle 5 Column App Drawer
    • Toggle Paginated App Drawer
    • Enable Transparency

Lockscreen Tweaks -
    • AOSP Lock Screen toggle
    • Custom Carrier Caption
    • Toggle Menu Key to Unlock
    • Volume Keys to wake

Misc Tweaks
    • Phone Info menu
    • Capacitive Back light Settings
    • Selectable Overscroll Colors
    • Options for Advanced Power Menu

Advanced Tweaks
    • Fix permissions
    • Zipalaign apks
    • Mount system rw/ro
    • Wipe Battery stats
    • Wipe cache/dalvik

notes.png

• Possible minor visual defects in skin. I think they have all been fixed but if you see any try to screen shot it so I can work on it.
    • No other known issues at this time
    • Although I have tried to fix all the issues in RC1 there could be unseen issues. If you find them please post them with as much detail as possible.

installation.png

• S-OFF Recomended!
    • Copy ROM to SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • wipe data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Profit!

thanks.png

teamblackout.png

And the following Developers of XDA:
    JoelZ for the Team Virtuous Base - j4n87 For the incredible amount of work he put into Scott's Tweaks!!! - qd2dc for help getting the Rosie and idlescreen ported over from my Rezound ROM.

If you like this ROM please consider a small donation!
    I no longer have Sprint service and am doing this solely for the community. Flash responsibly and enjoy!

TapaTalk / XDA App users click HERE for download! I highly discourage trying to download on a mobile device! You may get a blank page if you dont properly set up your mobile browser. Site is designed for PC's not mobile browsers. If your PHP / HTML Guy and can help me fix the short commings in vBulletin please PM me! Although I have to admit I have never had one problem downloading​
    Saw this, opened GPS Status and went outside and this is what I got
    Doesn't seem to be working

It spot on for me. Make sure you turn it on. Its not on be default ;)

EDIT: NVM it is on, lol When in doubt pull the battery out!

2012-05-05_02-13-57.png

Me like! I want that battery, or it won't be CleanROM.

Thats the old old CleanROM battery. Wow! lol

People with the page long reviews......EVERY. THING. WORKS.

You aren't an exception. The ruu/leaked rom is perfect because its stock.

This rom only added a few things so far and ICS is no longer some patched together experiment for our phones.

-------
    Now.

Battery life is amazing .... I left the charger at 100% at 6pm ... Went out , lots of texting and usage....came home at 130am ... 81%

That's way impressive.....can't wait to see what a full 100>10 runs.

I'm brian fellows

Sent from ICS using XDA.

****ing whoooaa!!!!!!!!!

I got mms to work on cricket using the ##3282# and edit advanced goto bottom mms will be there.. port 8080 mmsc http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Thanks for the info.

Hopefully I can get the rest of the tweaks ported soon.

Thanks for all the feedback...

Oh and can you please thank the OP? I got 28 thanks out of 715 downloads in 18 hours. There are people in this thread with posts that have as many thanks as my OP. Come on guys! Hit Thanks and rate the thread 5 stars. I dont even have Sprint any more. I did this for the giggles... Help me out here!

Thanks!

-Scott
    Stock battery attached for those that dont like percent battery.
    Sweet! Good to see you here again scrosler! Downloading:p

Inviato dal mio PG86100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Never really left :p

Im always here in spirit!
    its on stupid filefactory but:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/636...00.0426_NV_1.53_144_release_259069_signed.zip

its the sprint leak - ROM + firmware.

we really only need to grab the firmware out to match properly (i assume only for the eri), other than that i bet the sprint and virgin roms are identical, and youve already removed bloat, so no reason to rehash with the sprint ... unless you want continuity

That is the RUU that this ROM is based on. That RUU is for Virgin Mobile...

The leaked RUU: PG86IMG_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.13.652.1_Radio_1.06.00.0426_NV_1.53_144_release_259069_signed.zip

VM = Virgin Mobile

If it was a SPRINT RUU it would say:

PG86IMG_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_SPCS_1.13.652.1_Radio_1.06.00.0426_NV_1.53_144_release_259069_signed.zip

SPCS = Sprint Personal Communication System.

Virgin Mobile is a Sprint subsidiary. They use the same network. Sprint is the parent company so it says Sprint but the minor version is for Virgin Mobile.

This is the RUU that this ROM is based on.