[Guide] Installing x10s Rom v8 on your X10a/i

Search This thread

CryLegend

Feb 11, 2012
Paris
The ROM works perfectly, but my Home button doesn't works =( (It still works on xRecovery).
Regards, thanks.

EDIT : Works, I have reinstalled ROM.

Last edited:

Tof37

Oct 6, 2009
Tours
Yea, in official thread, I don't understand anything. But you have done great job with this great ROM. Thanks =)

Sorry if it wasn't clear enough..thought the instructions I wrote were clear...
Thanks for this thread this would help many people.. I'll edit my post with a link to this one asap

Sent from my X10s using XDA

d.emonyeto

Jun 10, 2011
done flashing. unlocked BL.

when I am playing music and open pics (where can i find shutter fix sound? do i need it?)

inadequate

May 15, 2012
hey joe,
I'm running the CM7-ZMOD, running umm 2.6.29 zdzihu kernel (I'm a total noob, sorry :confused: ) So can I flash to this ROM? Or do I need to go back to stock SE and then do it?

slimshady61

Mar 3, 2012
MiUi

Hi,

is this faster than miui rom v7? I don't think I will switch to this one because you use doomkernel and I don't like doomkernel.

sleepymonk

Aug 25, 2009
East Harling,Norfolk,
noob Question

Ok guys new to the x10 (had HTC phones before)..

Followed the quide but ive got a couple of question i came from stock 2.3.3..

When installing this rom i get 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v06-FS but after install the rom i get 2.6.29-00054-g5f01537 and recovery is gone so i reinstall the recovery and install 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v06-FS and wifi stops working and i get a error..

i followed the quide as writing...

do i need the 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v06-FS kenel?

is it because im using locked bootloader would it be better to unlock. altough im a bit unsure of the process and really dont want to brick phone.

d.emonyeto

Jun 10, 2011
Ok guys new to the x10 (had HTC phones before)..

Followed the quide but ive got a couple of question i came from stock 2.3.3..

When installing this rom i get 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v06-FS but after install the rom i get 2.6.29-00054-g5f01537 and recovery is gone so i reinstall the recovery and install 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v06-FS and wifi stops working and i get a error..

i followed the quide as writing...

do i need the 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v06-FS kenel?

is it because im using locked bootloader would it be better to unlock. altough im a bit unsure of the process and really dont want to brick phone.

i flashed this after flashing this rom, i got that error too

Attachments

• x10_gb_DooMKernel-v06-FS_wifi.zip
    325.2 KB · Views: 5

taylerdurden

Feb 27, 2011
I have installed 8.3 in locked bootloader with the stock se kernel. Have I to install init.d-autorunner-v01.zip and the wifi patch? I ask that because the rom is working perfect, but I don't know if those patches are neccesary or not...

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk 2

MadridZ

May 6, 2012
I have installed 8.3 in locked bootloader with the stock se kernel. Have I to install init.d-autorunner-v01.zip and the wifi patch? I ask that because the rom is working perfect, but I don't know if those patches are neccesary or not...

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk 2

if you leave it works fine so it is recommended that developers

maria sofia go

Aug 16, 2012
hi! please can you do a more detailed on how to install this? im a newbie and i really dont get this.. sorry.. but please help me... screenshots will be very important ... please.. im using x10 and i love it.. but somehow i want so changes in it. .. please help me..

Zaki Sultany

Jan 15, 2012
Delhi
www.facebook.com
I'm having problem using the flashtool :'( why with me? Check this error? What to do

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347474696398.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347474696398.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 169

xplod2841

Sep 22, 2012
www.buzzthisnow.com
Hi!

I installed all .zip optional updates from first post, but now I want to remove some things, like Xperia mini bubles. How to do it? Is there any customization/settings for this or I have to delete this zip update?

EDIT 2: I created new topic for my Spotify-related question.

Last edited:

ciuc007

Feb 25, 2009
Suceava
Can someone help me gat xRecovery without being able to boot my phone. (I am in a boot loop even if i cet my phone to be repaired by updating on PCCompanion without any errors.
If i can't set USB Debuging how can i ger xRecovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My video Review of rom v7 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbX_1sJpdQs
    My video Update Review of rom v8.2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pe4f7nZhxs

(copy inbetween my ** to Ctrl-F & paste to find on linked pages. I tried to make it EZ for you)

First Download Kernel = Unsure which one you need? most likely use the locked bootloader.

Locked Bootloaders - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20636594&postcount=1003
    I used: *v06-1113 [medium OVERCLOCK VERSION] ( min/max: 128Mhz/1113Mhz )*
    Unlocked Bootloaders - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1253853
    !!!!Open xRecovery then flash Kernel. Reboot phone go back into xRecovery!!!!!

Then Download Rom =
    Go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25505738
    *1)
    Both locked or unlocked bootloader flash this :*
    (goto Mediafire link and download Champ-Tof37-X10S-V8-2-Main.zip)
    Downlaod Battery Fix
    *without rebooting flash this file :*
    (goto Mediafire link and download BatteryfixV8.zip)
    NEXT STEP IS FOR LOCKED BOOTLOADERS (like me) UNLOCKED BL START INSTALLING ROM
    Goto http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1516960
    *IMPORTANT
    usrers on locked bootloader/stock sony kernel are to flash this zip after installing rom everytime*
    Download *this file* it will be called init.d-autorunner-v01.zip

(((!!!!Following next steps will do a complete DATA wipe!!!!)))
    Directions- Open xRecovery
    Factory reset (full wipe)...YES
    Wipe cache partition...YES
    Advanced Options> Wipe Dalvik Cache...YES
    Wipe Battery stats...YES (I did it but probably not needed)
    Install custom zip > Champ-Tof37-X10S-V8-2-Main.zip (Magic happening)
    DON'T REBOOT!!!
    Install custom zip > BatteryfixV8.zip
    LOCKED BOOTLOADER DON'T REBOOT!!!! UNLOCKED BL SKIP NEXT STEP
    Install custom zip > init.d-autorunner-v01.zip

Enjoy!!!! Now Optional Updates that I installed

Go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1516960
    download
    *v7-update-1a (now with screenshot fixed)* (this will install x10 mini bubbles and fix stutter on cam) NOTE: will be renamed to Andriod 2.3.4 and x10s V7 in About Phone (personally i used the phone for about 10 minutes and didnt install anything from the market than installed zip..also I REBOOTED after intalling this file - but may not be needed)
    *9 toggles + brightness slider in status bar (thanks to tof37 & spaarx4)*
    *smooth scroll fix*
    *Black keyboard addon*
    Go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25505738
    download
    *With screenshot option :* (v8 Power menu options - screen will just freeze up without it)
    *Homescreen widgets* (same as v7)
    *Theme / wallpapers / ringtone (including theme manager)* (same as v7)
    *Google apps* (v8 google apps!)
    *Timescape and facebook add* (I didnt install this. I beleieve it slows down my phone and eats phone life, but i put it there so those of you who want it can enjoy it)
    Install all the custom zips and it should be Identical to the Rom in my video.
    Using an American x10a with At&t service. Came from Stock Gingerbread rom and stock SE Kernel. My original just update to version v8 made my phone unstable and Errored my WIFI so I personally had to Full Wipe
    Have fun and fill me in if you find any cool apps or updates that worked for you! Please Thumbs Up and Like. Love Andriod!

Special thanks to the XSonX10 Team!! Champswimmer, Tof37, Barath_000 and anyone esle who worked hard to make this possible! You guys are Lengen...wait for it...DARY! Also thanks for featuring my video review on your v7 post. that was an awesome shocker.

peace out & I hope I helped as this was my first Rom Install Instructions ever
    - TJYK (ThatJoeYouKnow)
    How fast does your battery drain overnight? Mine's OCd to 128-1190. Overnight I get around 20-40% drain. I've been using watchdog (Xperia Home and Android System are the top culprits), and going through all the apps to make sure there's no unnecessary syncing but so far my effort has yielded no results. Next step would be to go back to a previous kernel. Last resort is to reflash the whole ROM again. I'll let you know how my effort goes. Kinda busy cause it's finals week for me :)

How fast does your battery drain overnight? Challenge Accepted! (I watch way to much How i met your mother) I'll find out tonight - I'll let you know tomorrow.
    Im going to charge 100% keep it unplugged from 1am-9/10am (tonight i will be using easy battery saver in intelligent mode). ill post screenshots .

I was using ThGO2 before the x10s rom. I noticed my battery would drain even when plugged in overnight. It would only charge correctly when it was off. I'd wake up in the morning to see this girly cute stuffed animal charge icon. Nothing but a new kernel helped that situation. Best luck to your phone and ur finals.
    if i do this? my files and settings in phone memory maybe gone?

please help. rooted but locked x10. i want to try the rom

Make a complete back up to your SD using Titanium, and you should be fine. you can restore everything after you flash the rom and reinstall Titanium.
    Everything that on the SD will not be affected.
    Have a question with v8.2 if I install brightness status bar will my accounts and sync delete with reboot?

Sent from my X10S using xda premium

I installed the status bar update well after signing in and had no problems with sync or accounts.Let me know how it works out for you.

btw I use 3 accounts on my phone and all three had no errors. Only one account with picasa sync (but i have like 30+gb of photos on there so i dont think google wants me to upload there anymore lol)
    Alright. Thanks. Really appreciate it. Hopefully yours will come out better. Which kernel are you using by the way?

I actually had the same experience with thgo2. I guess it had something to do with his kernel. It was really fast though.

Thanks bud. Finals week is hell. Lol. I just switched to doom kernel right now. Will report back soon.

PS - I heard how I met your mother's humor was getting kinda bland. my brother still loves it though. I'm more of a the big bang theory and modern family guy.

Sent from my X10S using xda premium

Times were off. I ended up going to sleep really late. Had a 9hr run and only dropped 5%!!! Here are my screens.

screenshot-1336460709069.png

screenshot-1336493371329.png

BTW I had 1 missed call and 1 text message. The only things that really matter when your sleeping.