[Q] Am I Soft AND Hard Bricked At The Same Time?

Search This thread
Jan 15, 2014
Hello there people. I'd not new to this website.... I've just been a ghost that was finally forced to register for this site.

I have a

Tmobile Galaxy S3 (SGH T-999)

Now, I rooted my phone with CWM a while back.
So then after a couple of days, I decided that I wanted a Custom Rom. Turns out that it wasn't compatible for my phone.
So I got put in a bootloop.

I was able to Access Recovery and Download mode.
I factory reset my phone from there, formatted dalvik, all of that.
I downloaded a stock bootloader and stock Rom from here for my phone
I tried to use odin to flash the stock bootloader onto my phone. From what i can remember i saw, boot.img, Compete(Write) operation failed.
Now when i booted my phone all i see is
it just...... Activates

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again.
Therefore i cannot access recovery mode anymore but i can still access Download Mode. I cannot see it boot at all.

Some Info while in download mode:

ODIN MODE
Product Name: SGH-T999
Custom Binary Download: Yes(1Count)
Current Binary:Samsung Official
System Status:Custom
Qualcom Secureboot:Enable
Warranty Bit:0
Bootloader Ap swaev:1

Here's how it looks when i try to flash stock rom or virtually anything onto my phone.

Code:
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I've given up on trying to do this myself and I now have to suck up my pride and ask for help.
Is there still hope, or do i have a $500 Paper Weight? Please Help.

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
What file did you download and flash? You posted in the sprint section sph710. If you flashed something for this model instead of your model that could be the problem.

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
That doesn't help. If you have a T-Mobile phone and you flashed something for a sprint phone then you need to download a T-Mobile ROM and flash. Or use a stock T-Mobile tar file and use Odin.

Jan 15, 2014
That doesn't help. If you have a T-Mobile phone and you flashed something for a sprint phone then you need to download a T-Mobile ROM and flash. Or use a stock T-Mobile tar file and use Odin.

I remember now. I downloaded a CyanogenMod Rom. I did rebooted without deleting everything on my phone. Then i got soft brick. And I'm pretty sure, It will say Get pit file....... Complete(Write) Fail. As usual.

Jan 15, 2014
Great news. I tried to flash root66 on my phone. Which almost installed but failed. Now when i boot up my phone, I get put in the boot loop BUT I can access the recovery mode from there now. Now what? Do I install CMW or something or just stock?

csmasn

Sep 17, 2011
Sir, just download a ROM for your phone model. But as I can see (and I think others members too) the safest is going back to stock until you understand the difference between your phone model and others.

Sent from my SPH-L710

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
Do you realize you keep posting in the sprint section? Thats going to make a huge difference. I keep asking because I don't think you realize you are in the sprint section and I'm assuming you keep downloading and flashing Sprint roms.

Jan 15, 2014
Do you realize you keep posting in the sprint section? Thats going to make a huge difference. I keep asking because I don't think you realize you are in the sprint section and I'm assuming you keep downloading and flashing Sprint roms.

I know I'm posting in the sprint model, I didn't know when I first made this thread because I was in panic mode and I was about to be late for my mid term while making this thread. Can you give me a break? I really don't have time to make another one in the proper section.. + I didn't flash any sprint roms. I have a T mobile galaxy s3. And the Root66 Rom i attempted to flash was for SGH T-999. It failed but I was able to actually get into recovery mode again but it's stock recovery.

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just trying to clarify. You'll get more help in the correct forum. Just because it's the same phone doesn't mean everything works the same. There are differences from one model to the next.

Jan 15, 2014
I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just trying to clarify. You'll get more help in the correct forum. Just because it's the same phone doesn't mean everything works the same. There are differences from one model to the next.

ok, I will. And I know that. Look at the first post of the thread, I know the different model. I just posted in the wrong section due to rushing and stress.

Kevets

Mar 20, 2010
It always comes in as 'I had time to mess with it but don't have time to fix it.' Sheez.

Jan 15, 2014
It always comes in as 'I had time to mess with it but don't have time to fix it.' Sheez.

No. I had time at 5PM at home after returning from school. 3AM it got bricked. Went to sleep, Woke up at 7:40AM, Had to rush to get ready for school to take Midterms at 8:15AM + Make this thread. And there's no where in any of my posts where you see me say I don't have time to FIX it. I said I didn't have time to POST IN THE RIGHT SECTION.

Moral of this reply: You don't know me.
If you're not here to help, You can find your way out of my thread with your useless post. Sheesh. :)