[Video] Do you use the Xperia S' Image Stabilization during video recording?

Do you use the built-in software image stabilizer?

• I do, it helps me get my footage stabilized well.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never use it because I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
Hey all,

I know I'm a bit late complaining about my Sony Xperia S, but before getting a Z1 I'd like to share a video with you about the image stabilization. And while we're on the topic, I'd love to know how you guys appreciate the Xperia S' software stabilization. I know software cannot beat hardware stabilization (yet...), but this video I just took is nuts.

I was just playing around with my camera on Sony's latest official firmware (as I recently flashed back from 4.4 KitKat), and I noticed my stabilizer going haywire. I would guess the stabilization algorithm failed because of the pattern on my jeans, but who ever wants this much stabilization in a video? If I had the tools, I bet even I could improve it just a little to avoid 'overstabilizing' like shown in the video below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jEvCke6Y3g

Anyway, I'd like to hear your opinion on this matter. Do you use the stabilizer at all? Do you like it or hate it?
I'm guessing this video of mine was just one of the few exceptions where the stabilization algorithm fails.

- Herman

Last edited: