[Coming Soon][NativeSD] Portadroid NSD v6.0 (for NAND Roms)

Do you prefer Android SD/RAM boot or NAND boot?

• SD/RAM

Votes: 94 77.7%
  • NAND

Votes: 27 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

RobE.

Aug 21, 2007
Tom, I didn't switch the language to Chinese, :rolleyes: ...and I didn't reformat my SD - which is a good card... (tried everything else). Wish I knew to try the former, and the latter (reformatting) isn't worth it to me. The other dozen or so, builds I've tried and used have all worked - mostly pretty well. :D Thanks for the info though... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Szczepanik

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
NexusHD2-Gingerbread

guys, somebody please tell me how to port a nexus one, gingerbread rom, using portadroid 1.1 or 3.1. thanks
You may like to check the FAQ which has links to posts on NexusHD2-Gingerbread port:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Portadroid#HD2_Android_NAND_Development
Cheers
Tom

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Manga - Please set your expectations right if you want to use Portadroid NSD v5.0 to port this ROM
i have one question i have installed Blackout ICS Primo SD.7z and the boot was a success ICS + sense 4 = DREAM in our HD2 but almost everything force close.... is there any fix for that?
Blackout ICS Primo v1.0 by sbryan12144. Please set your expectations right if you want to use Portadroid NSD v5.0 to port this ROM:
This is a WIP ROM! Not for daily use and is for preview only as per highlighted by sbryan12144
Please read the first post of Blackout ICS Primo v1.0 to see what is working and not working!
Not Working:
Camera
SD Mount
USB Storage
Data (Starts but doesn't connect)
Sound
Wifi
Cheers
Tom

kanishkapd

Jun 20, 2010
colombo
guys,

ported couple of desire gb roms using 1.1 version. (3.1 couldnt port any of the roms). detected several issues.

only roms based on oxygen rom (oxygen, mildwild) could be ported. cm based roms cant be ported. and even then the camera doesnt work in any of them. even the lg camera from market doesnt work. in one rom, mildwild oxygen based rom to be exact, cant read the sd card or access the google play either.

any idea, anybody?

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Rob sorry to hear about your Google Play Error 492

Although you say you have tried every fix, this post suggests some other ideas (not sure how good your Chinese is!)

Hope this helps
Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom, I also have the 492 error with DX 3.1.9 (and with 3.1.8 I have found out)
Tried all of your suggestions including Chinese (simple and han I think), but no go.
If I turn wifi off I get error 495 instead. Tried old hacked market too. And new 3.4.4 market.
:confused:
Sorry wis1152:eek:

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
Hi Tom, I also have the 492 error with DX 3.1.9 (and with 3.1.8 I have found out)
Tried all of your suggestions including Chinese (simple and han I think), but no go.
If I turn wifi off I get error 495 instead. Tried old hacked market too. And new 3.4.4 market.
:confused:
Sorry wis1152:eek:

Ok mate,I will look into tomorrow:)

Sent from Resurrection remix ics using xda premium

Reactions: iandy1 and Robbie P

datagr

Sep 30, 2009
I am not having any problem with market on either builds:confused:If i was i wouldn't of posted them:)

We are just giving you feedback to help you improve your roms. :)
Market does have error when you try to download something.
My guessing is that Dorimanx's rom uses a path that does not exist on the sd port version.
I remember this error from one of his old releases.
You had to freeze with titanium backup some market related applications and then install a fresh release from a hacked market that he provided.
Anyway the point is that market issue should be inspected and finally resolved in order to have a rom for daily use.

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
DWMI program for installing WM65 to MAGLDR

Those of you thinking of installing MAGLDR may want to wait for the next development from Cotulla and the Dark Forces Team [DFT].
This is a teaser "screenshot of the new DWMI program for installing WM65 to MAGLDR".
AvyG5mbCAAAaXDp.png

http://pic.twitter.com/MX34JJkn
Do not ask when it may be available.
Cheers
Tom

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

FIXED: Google Play Error 492
SOLUTION FROM hboyer 23-Jun-2012 THAT WORKS
yesssss :):). I solved it by re-"flashing" latest gapps from here: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
just put system and META-INF folder in your /ICS/root subir on the SD-Card.
forget about the optional stufff
Tom, I didn't switch the language to Chinese, :rolleyes: ...and I didn't reformat my SD - which is a good card... (tried everything else). Wish I knew to try the former, and the latter (reformatting) isn't worth it to me. The other dozen or so, builds I've tried and used have all worked - mostly pretty well. :D Thanks for the info though... :)
Cheers
Tom
P.S. OT but from Google Play recommend flipboard

Last edited:

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
Those of you thinking of installing MAGLDR may want to wait for the next development from Cotulla and the Dark Forces Team [DFT].
This is a teaser "screenshot of the new DWMI program for installing WM65 to MAGLDR".
AvyG5mbCAAAaXDp.png

http://pic.twitter.com/MX34JJkn
Do not ask when it may be available.
Cheers
Tom

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

FIXED: Google Play Error 492
SOLUTION FROM hboyer 23-Jun-2012 THAT WORKS

Cheers
Tom

Can someone try this on dori rom please

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Can someone try this on dori rom please

For some reason it breaks wifi and data.
Thought it was from me trying allsorts to get it to work before, so fresh installed the build but no joy.
It could be that the gapps are for ics IDK
Edit; thanks Tom for magldr news, I am not a twitee so can't get those updates. Good news
Edit 2; It breaks wifi, errors when trying to connect. But data is ok using browser, it just does not connect to market (server error, retry?)

Last edited:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
I just ported Lewa os from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1734884 using Portadroid 4. I had trouble extracting the ROM with 7zip but managed to do it with winrar 4.2(free 40 day trial)
boot, meta-inf and system into root folder and it booted up on second boot. No need to change anything. Simples.
wifi works, data doesn't work since clk not supported in ROM.
Tried to use tytung's rmnet to ppp update but no go with data.
Try it, it is nice.
Thanks again boonbing.

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
I just ported Lewa os from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1734884 using Portadroid 4. I had trouble extracting the ROM with 7zip but managed to do it with winrar 4.2(free 40 day trial)
boot, meta-inf and system into root folder and it booted up on second boot. No need to change anything. Simples.
wifi works, data doesn't work since clk not supported in ROM.
Tried to use tytung's rmnet to ppp update but no go with data.
Try it, it is nice.
Thanks again boonbing.

I have just been trying:) could not unzip:( Thanks for the tip. I think i can get data to work:)

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
Data is not the only problem, you can't receive calls. The phone hangs on ringing and you have to press soft reset button. If you try it, do it at night when you don't expect a call;)
But honestly all the instructions are here, try porting it.

Got data to work on first boot but gone on 2nd:( It is only in very earlier stages and is very buddy at the moment.

Reactions: kanishkapd

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Please read first post before asking questions

Trezak please read the first post of this thread or the Wiki
i downloaded portadroid ultimate v4 ...can i port android nand roms with that to sd version??
Downloads & Changelog:

Changelog:

Update v5.0 (15-Jun-2012):
- Support for ICS HD2 Sense 4.0 Nand ROM only (ie. not created for backward compatibility for porting normal ICS, GB or FR Android ROMs)

Update v4.0 (1-Feb-2012):
- Support for ICS HD2 Nand ROM only

Update v3.2 (1-Dec-2011):
- Fix 3D Data problem for some ROM
- Enable full SD boot (ie exclude SuperRAM ROM load). User add a dummy file SD_Boot to folder "/Android" folder.

Update v3.1 (19-Aug-2011):
- Port HD2 NAND ROMs made for MAGLDR AND CWR only (ie. ROMs package must come with "boot" folder that contains "zImage" & "initrd.gz" files). CLK ROMs are not supported.

Portadroid v4.0 is for ICS android nand roms only.
Portadroid v3.x are for GB android nand roms only.

Cheers
Tom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LATEST NEWS FROM OP
    (Always check back on the first post for updates from OP)

13-Jun:

With the arrival of Sense 4.0 in the NAND section, I thought it is time to release a Portadroid for Sense 4.0 (Portadroid NSD v5.0) soon... So far the major problems are sound and wifi which are still not working in NAND but at least I have got data and SD mount to work on SD boot... hope to get it release soon :)

1-Feb:

For all those who has been waiting for an update from Portadroid, I thank you for your patience. I am releasing Portadroid Ultimate v4.0 to support porting ICS NAND ROM only. I am disappointed that Oxygen ICS has not been released yet at this point in time for Portadroid. I suspect it will take even longer than usual since their developer Adamg had just become a father recently
    smile.gif
    .... anyway, until then have fun porting with Portadroid.

17-Jan:

The wait for Oxygen ICS has been a long one... I will soon release Portadroid Ultimate for HD2 ICS Nand ROM after a couple more tests... unfortunately, there are not many available now for porting anyway ;)
    Ported to SD Sense 4.0 from NAND section by sbryan12144...

shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000002.jpg
    shot_000003.jpg

All latest updates below in Red

Portadroid NSD is being put together based on the original FR/GB/ICS development work by these great guys listed below. All credits goes to them so please thank or donate to them first:

1) Darkstone: Source of inspiration for Portadroid. Originator of SuperRAM Froyo build with numerous contribution to HD2 Android. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=870518). Sadly he has announced to "retire" from HD2 and move to Samsung Galaxy S2

2) Takaaki, crawlingcity, cedesmith: Original initrd.gz for Gingerbread that enables RAM system (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=885985 & https://bitbucket.org/takaaki/leo-initrd) where I have have done some minor tweaking and modification. However, due to the sheer size of ICS ROM which causs instability, RAM boot should be temporary disabled with "SD_Boot" file until a solution (if any) can be found.

3) Tytung: All his HD2 Kernels and base ROM for porting ICS NAND to SD.

4) Ankuch & KAI: Fixes for many SD-related boot and ICS ROM-related issues.

5) 3dak: He said he was "lazy" so he created HD2 SD/MALDR System.ext2 Auto Builder V1.0 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1055923)... that makes me even "lazier" by creating Portadroid using part of his code :)

6) SyLvEsTeR20007: Graciously provided his server for hosting Portadroid SuperRAM GB previously.

7) Szczepanik: For creating a wiki for Portadroid (http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Portadroid) and putting it on xda news article (http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...-running-and-testing-android-builds-a-breeze/). Honestly I don't think this simple and humble tool deserve such publicity and work but appreciate all his effort.

8) Paypal Donor: (a)OMNISOFT. (b)TeaMsTaZ (c)yugoport - Thanks for 2nd donation(d)Toptip. Thanks for buying me a drink and supporting my work on Portadroid :)

9) All HTC HD2 Android NAND ROM and HTC Desire ROM developers for their great work on providing customised Gingerbread ROMon HD2!

What is Portadroid?
    - Portadroid (a.k.a Port-a-Droid) is NOT AN ANDROID ROM!
    - It is a tool whioch I build mainly with scripts that enables SUPPORTED ICS HD2 NAND ROMs to be booted via SD card on the top of your stock WM6.5 ROM.
    (Theoretically, all current HD2 ICS NAND ROMs can be ported via Portadroid with the basic functions working listed below.)
    - It is meant to be a self-service/self-help tool where you have to download the supported ROM (including new ROM revision) directly from the ROM developer thread. Do not request for any additional ROM features here as I am not a ROM developer. I can only try to support the basic functionalities listed below.
    - I believe this tool is mainly for beginners or intermediate level users of Android on the HD2. Advanced user should migrate to install Android via NAND if possible.
    - In addition to running Android, you can perhaps pick up some lesson on ROM porting by looking at my scripts and files I use. And feel free to use them (Remember to give credits to the great guys mentioned above if you use some of their work too)!
    - I designed this tool so that I can be lazy! So do not expect frequent updates! :p

What are the basic functionalities supported by Portadroid NSD v5.0 (Sense 4.0 Ready)?
    - All of the working functions from original NAND ROMs
    - I may add my own patches/fixes for SD boot only
    - Data is based on cLK (Sorry, I do not know how to support Rmnet :eek:)

What does not work:
    Let me know if you find any of the basic funtions listed in NAND is not working in SD.

Pre-requisite & Min Requirements:
    - As per all HD2 Android SD build... basically stock HD2 ROM and at least radio 2.08 and above (No HSPL, MAGLDR, CWM etc. needed)
    (Recommended but not compulsory: hard reset WM6.5 before booting up with Portadroid for optimal performance)
    - Support both EU and TMOUS version of HD2
    - Format your SD card with SD Card Formatter if using it on Android boot for the first time (http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/)

Currently testedICS ROMs:
    1) HD2 Sense 4.0a NAND
    - Blackout ICS Primo v1.0 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1658936)

Please let Szczepanik know or update wiki page if you have tested other ROMs and the basic functionalities works with Portadroid.

Installation based on default settings and orginal zip package (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!):

1) Porting a New ROM

a. Unzip the downloaded Portadroid NSD v5.0 package and put the "ICS" folder into the root of your SD card

b. Unzip the downloaded ICS ROM of your choice and put all its content (eg. "data", "kernel", "setup", "system", "META-INF", "yn" folders and/or boot.img) into the "/ICS/root" folder (Please refer to the diagram here (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14144102&postcount=89) if unsure of the exact location of where to put the folders)

(Note: If there are patches/fixes provided by me, please use these patch folders/files by copying and overwriting all the contents in the "/ICS/root" folder)

c. Edit startup.txt on cmdline if required (eg. change data_size=256 to another value if default 256MB is too small for your phone data storage). Note that based on user feedback, Magldr boot (vs WM6.5 clrcad.exe and haret.exe boot) do not support reading cmdline from startup.txt so your default would be 512MB.

e. Run CLRCAD.exe and then haret.exe

f. Depending on the size of the ROM you're porting, first boot from Portadroid NSD may take ~15-20 minutes (based on default to create a 256MB data.img and porting a 500MB size Sense 4.0 ROM). You will see the Sense 4.0 ROM boot animation after the "HTC" (or original NAND ROM) logo.

(Note: I recommend rebooting the first time you get into the ROM after the boot animation without going into the setup wizard. To reboot, long press the power button and click restart.)

g. Once back into WM6.5, run CLRCAD.exe and then haret.exe again.

h. Second boot should be between 5-8 min. You will see the original ported NAND ROM logo and ported NAND ROM animation (if any and enabled), hTC setup screen. Subsequent boot will be faster at ~4-5 mins.

(Note: As Sense ROMs are huge and consume a lot of resources on our HD2, it may take some time to fully "settle". Reboot a 3rd or 4 the time may help butdon't ask me why!)

Disclamer:
    This tool was made for testing and educational purposes. It is not intended for commercial use.
    Software included may be subject to copyright.
    Install this tool at your own risk. Developer is not responsible for what you do on your device.

Downloads & Changelog:

Changelog:

Update v5.0 (15-Jun-2012):
    - Support for ICS HD2 Sense 4.0 Nand ROM only (ie. not created for backward compatibility for porting normal ICS, GB or FR Android ROMs)

Update v4.0 (1-Feb-2012):
    - Support for ICS HD2 Nand ROM only

Update v3.2 (1-Dec-2011):
    - Fix 3D Data problem for some ROM
    - Enable full SD boot (ie exclude SuperRAM ROM load). User add a dummy file SD_Boot to folder "/Android" folder.

Update v3.1 (19-Aug-2011):
    - Port HD2 NAND ROMs made for MAGLDR AND CWR only (ie. ROMs package must come with "boot" folder that contains "zImage" & "initrd.gz" files). CLK ROMs are not supported.
    - Auto modify and repack initrd.gz from original NAND ROM for Portadroid SD/RAM boot. Use original zImage from NAND ROM instead of default Portadroid zImage on second boot. Keep ported NAND ROM as stock as possible to optimize performance from orginal ROM developer.
    - Support all versions of Sense and non-Sense Gingerbread (2.3.3 - 2.3.5) without any patch files required.

Update v3.0 (3-Aug-2011):
    - Removed SuperPartition concept as it causes some boot issue for some users. Maintain SuperRAM concept for light ROMs (less than 200MB) and use normal SD boot for heavy ROMs (including all Sense ROM).
    - Repacked portadroid_nand.gz and portadroid_desire.gz to fix error on mounting yaffs2
    - Added default_kernel_to_rafpigna (portadroid_sense.gz and zImage) patch files to support default kernel change from tytung to rafpigna when porting Sense ROM only

Update v2.0 (24-July-2011):
    Important Note - v2.0 is implemented with concept different from v1.x. Portadroid v2.0 supports Gingerbread v2.3.4 for non-Sense ROM and Gingerbread v2.3.3 for Sense (2.1/3.0) ROM only. Please refer to Readme.txt for new installation/porting instructions.
    - Added new SuperPartition concept to SuperRAM. Improved performance and support for porting Sense ROM.
    - Changed cmdline control in startup.txt to only four: (1)rel_path (2)data_size (3)lcd_density (4)gps_zone
    - Fixed SU/Root issues. Verifed ok with Root Checker.
    - Added support for user to perform minor updates/fixes and kernel upgrades on current ported ROM.
    - Fixed issue with hang on second or subsequent boot when porting.

Update v1.1 (31-May-2011):
    - Change kernel_files structure to give flexibility for user to self-upgrade kernels based on GB v2.3.3 or GB v2.3.4
    - Added support for rapigna kernel with kernel selection using cmdline 'kernel_type' in startup.txt
    - Added support to clear cache (dalvik-cache) on boot using cmdline 'clear_cache' in startup.txt
    - Added tytung fast gps fix lib patch v1.0 into gps_files folder to allow user to self-upgrade when new version is released
    - Fixed permission/root issues on some ROMs (eg.NexusHD2) when installing apps that require root/superuser access (eg. root explorer, titanium backup)
    - Fixed possible incorrect detection of Gingerbread version 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 in the build.prop file resulting in wrong kernel version being applied for some NAND ROMs (eg.Hyperdroid GBX12).

Download:
    - See attached files below on 1st Post :)

Archive for the 1st post of the older Portadroid v1.x can be found here.
    Archive for the 1st post of the older Portadroid v3.x can be found here.
    Archive for the 1st post of the older Portadroid v4.x can be found here

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below for me while downloading....

Archive first post

All latest updates below in Red

Portadroid SuperRAM/SuperPartition GB is being put together based on the original development work by these great guys listed below. All credits goes to them so please thank or donate to them:

1) Darkstone: Source of inspiration for Portadroid SuperRAM GB. Originator of SuperRAM Froyo build with numerous contribution to HD2 Android. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=870518). Sadly he has announced to "retire" from HD2 and move to Samsung Galaxy S2

2) Takaaki, crawlingcity, cedesmith: Original initrd.gz for Gingerbread that enables RAM system (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=885985 & https://bitbucket.org/takaaki/leo-initrd) where I have have done some minor tweaking and modification.

3) Tytung: HD2 Kernels & init.rc/init.htcleo.rc file as well as many lib and miscellaneous files from his NexusHD2 build for porting Desire ROM. GB2.3.4 would never be able to work properly without his kernels and files! (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=10429937#)

4) Rapigna: Added support for his kernel as he mentioned he'll be coming back soon:D. One of his best well known kernel rapigna_1.9_GB_OC is being used by a number of Sense build.(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=940823)

5) imilka, boxmax: All their init files for getting a boot on Sense (Imilka RAM Desire HD & Boxman KS) :)

6) 3dak: He said he was "lazy" so he created HD2 SD/MALDR System.ext2 Auto Builder V1.0 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1055923)... that makes me even "lazier" by creating Portadroid using part of his code :)

7) SyLvEsTeR20007: Graciously provided his server for hosting Portadroid SuperRAM GB.

8)
    Szczepanik: For creating a wiki for Portadroid (http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Portadroid) and putting it on xda news article (http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...-running-and-testing-android-builds-a-breeze/). Honestly I don't think this simple and humble tool deserve such publicity and work but appreciate all his effort.

9) Paypal Donor: (a)OMNISOFT. (b)TeaMsTaZ (c)yugoport. Thanks for buying me a drink and supporting my work on Portadroid :)

10) All HTC HD2 Android NAND ROM and HTC Desire ROM developers for their great work on providing customised Gingerbread ROMon HD2!

What is Portadroid SuperRAM/SuperPartition GB?
    - Portadroid (a.k.a Port-a-Droid) SuperRAM GB is NOT A ANDROID ROM!
    - It is a tool whioch I build mainly with scripts that enables SUPPORTED Gingerbread HD2 NAND or HTC Desire ROMs to be booted via SD card into RAM on the top of your stock WM6.5 ROM.
    (Theoretically, all current HD2 NAND Gingerbread ROMs can be ported via Portadroid SuperRAM GB with the basic functionalities working listed below.)
    - It is meant to be a self-service/self-help tool where you have to download the supported ROM (including new ROM revision) directly from the ROM developer thread. Do not request for any additional ROM features here as I am not a ROM developer. I can only try to support the basic functionalities listed below.
    - I believe this tool is mainly for beginners or intermediate level users of Android on the HD2. Advanced user should migrate to install Android via NAND if possible.
    - In addition to running Android, you can perhaps pick up some lesson on ROM porting by looking at my scripts and files I use. And feel free to use them (Remember to give credits to the great guys mentioned above if you use some of their work too)!

What are the basic functionalities supported by Portadroid SuperRAM/SuperPartition GB?
    1) Basic smartphone features (voice calls, sms, apps, games etc)
    2) GPRS/3G Data Network based on ppp
    3) Camera/Video Recording
    3) Wifi (tested on WEP encrypted Network)
    4) Bluetooth (tested on Jabra Extreme headset)
    5) GPS (tesed with GPS status app)
    6) Wifi Tether/Hotspot (Install "wifi_tether_v3_0-pre14.apk" attached below or from (http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list) and select Device-Profile="Google NexusOne" in the settings. Thanks to jcsy for pointing this out)

What does not work:
    Let me know if you find any of the basic funtionalities listed above is broken from the supported ROMs.

Pre-requisite & Min Requirements:
    - As per all HD2 Android SD build... basically stock HD2 ROM and at least radio 2.08 and above (No HSPL, cLK, MAGLDR, CWM etc. needed)
    (Recommended but not compulsory: hard reset WM6.5 before booting up with Portadroid for optimal performance)
    - Format your SD card with SD Card Formatter if using it on Android boot for the first time (http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/)

Currently tested and supported non-Sense Gingerbread 2.3.4 & 2.3.5 ROMs:

1) HTC Desire
    - Oxygen 2.1.x & 2.2.x by Adamg and Team (http://forum.oxygen.im/)
    >>> I personally recommend this ROM as I prefer a minimal, clean and hack-free ROM.

2) HD2 GB NAND
    - NexusHD2 version 2.8+ by tytung (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=905060)

Currently tested and supported Sense 2.1/3.0 Gingerbread 2.3.3 ROMs:
    1) HD2 Sense 2.1/3.0
    - Sorry guys, tested a couple but all still fall short of my expectation so I decided not to support them until they are really good and stable (...hopefully :rolleyes:)

XDA Community tested Gingerbread ROMs:

Refer to Portadroid wiki page for list of ROMs (may need updating for v2.0)

Please let Szczepanik know or update wiki page if you have tested other ROMs and the basic functionalities works with Portadroid.

Installation based on default settings and orginal zip package (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!):

1) Porting a New ROM
    a. Unzip the downloaded Portadroid v3.1 package and put the "Android" folder into the root of your SD card

b. Unzip the downloaded ROM of your choice (only MAGLDR & CWR type ROMs are supported for v3.1) and put their "system", "META-INF", "boot" and/or "sd-ext" folders into the "/Android/root" folder (Please refer to the diagram here(http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14144102&postcount=89) if unsure of the exact location of where to put the folders)

c. Depending on what type of ROM you're porting above:
    Oxygen ROM from HTC Desire Development - Copy the file "portadroid_desire.gz" from Portadroid v3.1 package and put it into the "Android" folder.
    Non-Sense HD2 ROM from Nand Development - Copy the file "portadroid_nand.gz" from Portadroid v3.1 package and put it into the "Android" folder.
    Sense HD2 ROM from Nand Development - Copy the file "portadroid_sense.gz" from Portadroid v3.1 package and put it into the "Android" folder.

d. Edit startup.txt on cmdline if required (eg. change data_size=256 to another value if default 256MB is too small for your phone data storage). Note that based on user feedback, Magldr do not support reading cmdline from startup.txt so your default would be 512MB.

e. Run CLRCAD.exe and then haret.exe (or use Rundroid for convenience: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=973921)

f. Depending on the size of the ROM you're porting, first boot at HTC green logo may takes between 5-12 minutes (based on default to create a 256MB data.img and porting a 100MB(~5min) - 600MB(~12min) size ROM) AND AFTER THAT SCREEN WILL GO BLACK AND REBOOT. So do not panick if you see a reboot!

g. Once back into WM6.5, run CLRCAD.exe and then haret.exe again.

h. Second boot should be between 2-5 mins depending on ported ROM size. You will see the original ported NAND ROM logo, black screen, ported NAND ROM animation, Android welcome screen. Subsequent boot will be faster at 2-3 mins.

2) Performing minor updates/fixes (excluding kernel) on ported ROM
    a. Unzip the downloaded updates/fixes and put the "system", "META-INF" folders into the "/Android/root" folder of the current ROM.

b. Reboot into WM6.5 and then back to Android.

3) Performing kernel upgrade or changing default kernel (for Sense Port Only) on ported ROM (Default kernel for Portadroid is Tytung r10)
    a. Unzip the downloaded kernel package and put the "system", "META-INF" folders into the "/Android/root" folder of the current ROM. Look for the new zImage file in the kernel package and overwrite the existing zImage in the "Android" folder of the current ROM.

b. Reboot into WM6.5 and then back to Android.

(c. You may need to modify permissions of wpa_supplicant if wifi is broken)

4) Performing version upgrade of the Ported ROM (eg. Oxygen 2.1.5 to Oxygen 2.1.6)
    Method 1 (Quick and "Dirty" but not recommended):
    a. Unzip the downloaded ROM put their "system", "META-INF" and/or "sd-ext" folders into the "/Android/root" folder of the current old ROM.
    b. Copy either "portadroid_desire.gz", "portadroid_nand.gz" or "portadroid_sense.gz" (depend on the type of ROM to be ported) & "reboot" file from Portadroid v3.1 package and put it into the "Android" folder of the current ROM.
    c. Reboot into WM6.5 and then back to Android. Good Luck! :p

Method 2 (Recommended):
    a. Back up all your apps+data from the current old ROM using a program such as Titanium Backup.
    b. Use a new portadroid v3.0 package and follow instructions from No.1 above.
    c. Restore all your apps+data using the same program.

Disclamer:
    This tool was made for testing and educational purposes. It is not intended for commercial use.
    Software included may be subject to copyright.
    Install this tool at your own risk. Developer is not responsible for what you do on your device.

Downloads & Changelog:

19-Aug: Portadroid Lite SuperRAM GB v3.1

Changelog:
    - Port HD2 NAND ROMs made for MAGLDR AND CWR only (ie. ROMs package must come with "boot" folder that contains "zImage" & "initrd.gz" files). Clk ROMs are not supported.
    - Auto modify and repack initrd.gz from original NAND ROM for Portadroid SD/RAM boot. Portadroid will use original zImage (kernel) from NAND ROM instead of default Portadroid zImage on second boot. Keep ported NAND ROM as stock as possible to optimize performance from original ROM developer.
    - Support all versions of Sense and non-Sense Gingerbread (2.3.3 - 2.3.5) without any patch files required.

Download here:

Portadroid_Lite_v3.1_MAGLDR_CWR.zip

3-Aug: Portadroid Lite SuperRAM GB v3.0

Changelog:
    - Removed SuperPartition concept as it causes some boot issue for some users. Maintain SuperRAM concept for light ROMs (less than 200MB) and use normal SD boot for heavy ROMs (including all Sense ROM).
    - Repacked portadroid_nand.gz and portadroid_desire.gz to fix error on mounting yaffs2
    - Added default_kernel_to_rafpigna (portadroid_sense.gz and zImage) patch files to support default kernel change from tytung to rafpigna when porting Sense ROM only

Download here:

Portadroid_Lite_v3.0.zip

Portadroid v/3.0 Patch files for Unique ROMs that does not boot with default portadroid_xxx.gz
    (Download from attached files at the bottom of this post)

1. Typhoon CM7 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=933951)

24-Jul: Portadroid SuperRAM/SuperPartition GB v2.0

WARNING!!!
    Some users have reported seeing random flashing white light problem when porting/booting with Portadroid v2.0 on certain non-Sense ROM and one reported incident on Portadroid v1.x. I have not fully understood this problem and is investigating the issue. If you're not comfortable seeing this issue on your device, please do not use this tool. I shall not be responsible for any damage caused on your device!

Changelog:
    Important Note - v2.0 is implemented with concept different from v1.x. Portadroid v2.0 supports Gingerbread v2.3.4 for non-Sense ROM and Gingerbread v2.3.3 for Sense (2.1/3.0) ROM only. Please refer to Readme.txt for new installation/porting instructions.
    - Added new SuperPartition concept to SuperRAM. Improved performance and support for porting Sense ROM.
    - Changed cmdline control in startup.txt to only four: (1)rel_path (2)data_size (3)lcd_density (4)gps_zone
    - Fixed SU/Root issues. Verified ok with Root Checker.
    - Added support for user to perform minor updates/fixes and kernel upgrades on current ported ROM.
    - Fixed issue with hang on second or subsequent boot when porting.

Download here:

Portadroid_v2.0.zip

Archive for the 1st post of the older Portadroid v1.x can be found here.

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below for me while downloading....

@boonbing
    Can add in Port-a-Droid supprt to convert NAND to NativeSD ? :D
    Details you may see here

Have not touched my humble HD2 for awhile since I got the S3.... but I am beginning to understand this new thing about NativeSD :fingers-crossed:
    Portadroid wiki - list of ROMs that work

could make a list of nand rom that work on Portadroid. so as to make more 'simple choice

I have created a wiki page for Portadroid which includes a list of ROMs.

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Portadroid

http://goo.gl/XmqO5

If you find a ROM that works, please add it to the list or PM me.

Cheers
    Tom
    [5 SEP 2012][DEV]NativeSD Rom Boot Script for HD2

Xylograph & securecrt have developed a NativeSD Rom Boot Script for HD2 to "directly install the ROMs to SDCARD and boot from SDCARD".
    Robbie P has shown how we can still port these NativeSD ROMs very easily and run them from WP7 & WM6 as an SD build usual with Portadroid Ultimate v4.0:
    Download portadroid 4 and install ics folder to sd card
    Download and extract rom
    delete system/etc/init.d/00_zram
    Put meta-inf and system into sdcard/ics/root folder
    open kernel folder and put bootsd into sdcard/ics/root folder
    rename sdcard/ics/root/bootsd to sdcard/ics/root/boot
    boot via magldr or haret
    first boot takes 10 mins
    second boot gives you boot anim (not portadroid screen)

WP7 seems unaffected

Go for it
    Read the thread, you can still dual boot. It is an sd ROM (as opposed to an sd build) with speed comparable to nand booting. I think this will be the way forward in future for our hd2s.

wis1152 has written up Native sd instructions in the thread HD2 Android SD Development [26.08.12][MAGLDR][SD](JellyBeanTostidroid) AOKP - Sourcery. You will need to create an ext4 partition (e.g. using minitool partition magic) on your SD card and format it (using the recovery tool). One word of warning:

BACKUP YOUR SD CARD BEFORE FORMAT.
    IF YOU ARE UNSURE USE AN OLD SD CARD.

:good: Don't forget to click thanks on posts by Learning Never Ends team: Robbie P & wis1152 (who will always be welcome and needed!)
    I think it will soon be time to call it a day with HD2:p With the new native_SD system I will be no longer needed but when I have finished my course I will hopefully be back cooking a few roms:)
    Cheers
    Tom
    Learning Never Ends