(observation thread) 4.2.2 discussion

Search This thread

HobbesIsReal

Aug 24, 2007
Hi there... I was having the same problem but was able to receive an update after clearing data for Google service framework. Here is the step by step guide that I found: Linky

Actually..... I didn't do anything and this morning, I checked and low and behold there was an update just waiting for me to install. My first day impression is a noticeable improvement in speed. I will need to test more, but it the battery seems to have a lift as well. I unplugged it at 8 am this morning. The screen was kept on low brightness, Live Wallpaper, WiFi on the whole time, BT off, GPS On. Used it about 2 hours periodically throughout the day checking email, some web browsing, a few smaller puzzle games, etc.... It is now 11 pm and without having it plugged in all day and I am at 49%.

ginner

Apr 27, 2008
Hi all!

I updated to 4.2.2 the other night and I do 'feel' it's smoother than the last version. However, I have this annoying "Download Complete" notifications in the notification bar. These are download notifications for photos, same as when you copy pictures ftom SD cards to N7 using Nexus Media Importer app. It looks like this:

View attachment 1740372

See the notification bar? Swiping it down shows this:

View attachment 1740373

This happens each time I unlock N7 after a long standby time. Rebooting and uninstalling Nexus Media importer both didn't work. Help please! Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I get exactly the same. I also uninstalled and reinstalled media importer. Keep getting about 100 notifications for a series of time lapse photos I downloaded from my GoPro camera over Christmas.

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
I had that too. Was my own fault for not wiping everything.

Installed again, wiping cache, wiped dalvik, wiped data, and system too and the problem was fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Kamal Hans

Jan 30, 2013
Battery stats FU with 4.2.2

Hi Guys.
I posted abt this issue I'm facing ever since I updated from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 ( skipped 4.2.1) earlier on 18th Feb- post no 147.
My N7 is stock, unrooted.
I've a habit of turning off the N7 after every use.
Each time when I turn it on, battery usage time resets to zero instead of resuming from where it was earler.
Hence I'm unable to see the cumulative battery life.
I've recharged to 100% a few times since the update, but this issue has not gone away.
Also, use% shows android system, media server, etc with a high %age & the screen use % as zero!
This never happened with 4.1.2.
I'm going nuts trying to figure this out; numerous searches have yielded no answer .
Could you plz help?
Is there some setting that I need to activate in 4.2.2 to get cumulative battery stats?
TIA

chrisnewton

Feb 5, 2012
Hi Guys.
I posted abt this issue I'm facing ever since I updated from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 ( skipped 4.2.1) earlier on 18th Feb- post no 147.
Each time when I turn it on, battery usage time resets to zero instead of resuming from where it was earler.
I've recharged to 100% a few times since the update, but this issue has not gone away.
Also, use% shows android system, media server, etc with a high %age & the screen use % as zero!
I'm going nuts trying to figure this out; numerous searches have yielded no answer .
Could you plz help?
Is there some setting that I need to activate in 4.2.2 to get cumulative battery stats?
TIA

Mine does this also, you will find that after full charge if you use it for about an hour it will then not zero itself when you switch it back on. Mine also did this on 4.2.1.

Reactions: Kamal Hans

Kamal Hans

Jan 30, 2013
Battery stats FU with 4.2.2

Mine does this also, you will find that after full charge if you use it for about an hour it will then not zero itself when you switch it back on. Mine also did this on 4.2.1.

So this is a bug in the 4.2.x update.
I guess virtually everybody keeps their tab in the sleep mode while not using it i/o turning it off then back on, which could be why there are no observations like mine/yours.
I'll try your tip when I next charge it.
What kind of battery life are you getting post 4.2.2 - same/better/worse?

jj03

Oct 19, 2010
Hi Guys.
Could you plz help?
TIA

You could just close your apps and put it to sleep after use instead of turning it off. Uses considerably less battery than turning it on and off frequently..i`m sure.

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
You could just close your apps and put it to sleep after use instead of turning it off. Uses considerably less battery than turning it on and off frequently..i`m sure.

Sounds sensible to me. Why would you want to switch it off all the time, does it sit there unused for days at a time or something? If that's the case, sell it.

If you do actually use it, then use sleep like it was meant for ;)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Kamal Hans

Jan 30, 2013
Battery Stats FU with 4.2.2

Thanks for the suggestion.
I've started putting it to sleep i/o shutting it down.
Lets see how long my battery lasts between recharges.

chrisnewton

Feb 5, 2012
So this is a bug in the 4.2.x update.
I guess virtually everybody keeps their tab in the sleep mode while not using it i/o turning it off then back on, which could be why there are no observations like mine/yours.
I'll try your tip when I next charge it.
What kind of battery life are you getting post 4.2.2 - same/better/worse?

It's hard to say, I think a little worse but might be just in my head. I get round about 50 minutes per 10% if I am surfing the Web etc and about 30 mins per 10% if I am playing games.

Does this sound normal for everyone else?

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Sounds fairly close to what i get, yes. I would have said more like an hour per 10% on web.

And in sleep i lose 2 or 3% overnight, 9 hours with wifi just left on.

Almost identical though.

Last edited:

Kamal Hans

Jan 30, 2013
Battery Stats FU with 4.2.2

It's hard to say, I think a little worse but might be just in my head. I get round about 50 minutes per 10% if I am surfing the Web etc and about 30 mins per 10% if I am playing games.

Does this sound normal for everyone else?

Sounds fairly close to what i get, yes. I would have said more like an hour per 10% on web.

And in sleep i lose 2 or 3% overnight, 9 hours with wifi just left on.

Almost identical though.

Pretty similar to what I'm getting - 6mts/1% battery depletion, given my usage pattern.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm yet to install it but here's the changelog from wiki:

Fixed Bluetooth audio streaming bugs[102]
    Long-pressing the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings now toggles the on/off state
    New download notifications, which now shows the percentage and an estimated time remaining for your app downloads while they are happening
    New sounds for wireless charging and low battery.
    Removed option to show all calls in the phone app's call list.
    New Gallery app animation allows faster loading.
    USB Debug whitelist
    Bug fixes and performance enhancements
    I don't know, terms like microlag are just to the point where I stop reading. I used my tablet enough this morning to the point where everything that I wanted to do ran smoothly, well above my expectations. I guess that's enough for me. I'd rather enjoy my tablet than critique it to that extent.
    Geez, guys enough with the childish chit chats. There is micro lag on all platforms, iOS included, scroll to the left (search bar) and u'll see what i mean. Android too has it's hick ups from time to time, but i think it has come a long way since the days of eclair and froyo (many of u won't even know what i'm talking about). Anyways, if iOS has stutters with it's minimalistic features (no widgets, no app drawer, tiled icons, hell, u couldn't even change the wallpaper till a while back), i'd live with android's microlag and enjoy all what it offers.
    I have a friend who keeps switching between ios and android, and everytime he gets an android device he keeps complaining about the micro lags that no one but him notices (to the extent he calls it lagdroid) , and he's never satisfied. but this, mate, is not called "perfectionist" , it's a mental state, u keep looking and fetching for a single hick up, u'll never be satisfied whatever u use.
    As a med student, i advise u to get out of that "state of mind" and just enjoy whatever device u have. getting frustrated about lil things like that will only get u a stroke before u even hit 40.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
    I searched for this but came up empty. Is USB otg still broken on 4.2.2? That's the reason o stayed on 4.1.1 using stickmount

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm able to use my otg cable & flash drive with stick mount. Both read & write access both works for me. No problems that I can see with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    R: (observation thread) 4.2.2 discussion

they also (finally) fixed the ugly gradient !

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 2