|ROM|★KANGAPOP v2.5★|►LOLLIPOP GPE◄|FEB.27.15|★

Search This thread

neo_styles

Mar 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey iB4STiD, any way possible to get the AVHCD working from the 4.3 dump.? Or is the bluetooth stack too different? I see it works on your 4.2.2 GE release, but still no go on the 1.35 release?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AVHCD or AVRCP? One is a file format for videos, the other is a BT stack. I can confirm that AVRCP works properly on non-Google apps with an aftermarket HU using 4.3. On 4.2, Google only included protocols when using Google Play Music. No other app I've come across transports metadata to external devices.

neo_styles

Mar 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Is 4.2 or 4.3 a better rom atm? Any suggestion last time I flashed these roms battery life were horrible :/

4.2.2 is inherently more stable as it wasn't compiled from an impartial leak. The newer leaks of 4.3 have been much more stable and I'm using KB 4.3 as a daily driver with no issues I am concerned with.

DeeDrizzy

Jan 21, 2012
vancouver
4.2.2 is inherently more stable as it wasn't compiled from an impartial leak. The newer leaks of 4.3 have been much more stable and I'm using KB 4.3 as a daily driver with no issues I am concerned with.

Do you just use stock kernel that comes with the rom? and Is there any difference in the battery performance between the Canadian S4 and the At&t S4 ?

imstill@g

Jun 6, 2007
OnePlus 9
AVHCD or AVRCP? One is a file format for videos, the other is a BT stack. I can confirm that AVRCP works properly on non-Google apps with an aftermarket HU using 4.3. On 4.2, Google only included protocols when using Google Play Music. No other app I've come across transports metadata to external devices.

I stand corrected :) I am currently using Power Amp, but no output is being sent,I will check Google Music Play to see if it's working. What player are you using?

neo_styles

Mar 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Do you just use stock kernel that comes with the rom? and Is there any difference in the battery performance between the Canadian S4 and the At&t S4 ?

Stock kernel on both, but didn't have issues with KT on 4.2.2. On 4.3, you have no choice but to run stock, but that's really not a negative as quick as the stock kernel is.

I stand corrected :) I am currently using Power Amp, but no output is being sent,I will check Google Music Play to see if it's working. What player are you using?

I'll bounce back and forth between Play Music and Spotify. Both display track info and I am able to skip tracks from my head unit. I haven't tested other apps, but would feel safe in assuming they'll also work fine.

armixia

Apr 7, 2008
Its so smooth and fast. First time I'm not reducing animations to 0 or 0.5.

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com
Kb 4 3 is fantastic. I was running 4.2 before and battery is comparable. 4.3 is noticeably smoother.

This is the best ge rom I've tried.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda premium

Android 4.3 had ridiculous standby. Buttery smooth with operation.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk HD

Its so smooth and fast. First time I'm not reducing animations to 0 or 0.5.

thanks guys glad ur enjoying it :good:

Hippoman13

Aug 5, 2012
On 1.36, my purple screen smearing seems to disappeared! It is very, very difficult to see now.

Edit: Literally, it came back after a while. Oh well...

Last edited:

BlastTyrantKM

Dec 21, 2011
I'd love to know how everyone is getting good battery life with 4.3. I have no apps draining battery in the background. Better Battery Stats is telling me that every app is acting as it should. But KTweaker app tells me that all 4 cores are running continuously, non stop. This is with less than 3.5 hours screen time with auto brightness on...
y5u8ybat.jpg

With GoldenEye 4.0 I would get close to 20 hours routinely, with normal use and 6 hours screen on time.

Basically, I have 2 states. Deep sleep, and nearly full bore. Deep sleep works great, barely any battery drain at all. As soon as I turn the screen on, it ramps up to 1674 and pretty much stays there till I turn the screen off. Even with the only running app being CPU Spy, it still sits rock steady on 1674.
5y5arude.jpg

27 minutes after a reboot, the only app I've had open is CPU Spy.
e8ahasyt.jpg

Last edited:

jhong91

Aug 5, 2011
Wow that 1.36 update took a loooong time to flash.

was beginning to get worried! haha going to wipe cache and reboot. hopefully the dirty flash is not going to be problematic

thanks always for the ROM OP.

figsology

Dec 22, 2011
Hey iB4STiD, thank you and the team who are helping with this awesome rom. It's helping me reduce withdrawal symptoms from switching from the N4 to the S4. I had a quick favor to ask(well not quite sure it's quick) Could we have a mod that will give signal strength in text for(-68)? Thank you once again!

Anton2007

Aug 13, 2007
Wow feels like a new device. So fast and smooth. Just flashed it so I'm hoping for good battery, but so far so good :good:

Just in case any Canadian is reading this, with my Bell S4, the APN was there, but I had to add the proxy settings, without those the data speeds kind of sucked. Proxy server: web.wireless.bell.ca Port: 80. Oh and be patient it takes a while for it to boot up the first time.

Also, the home button mod is amazing. I tried the 4.2.2 GE ROM and the home button lag/delay was very bad. This is instant :)

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com
On 1.36, my purple screen smearing seems to disappeared! It is very, very difficult to see now.

flashback of the galaxy nexus purple issue

I'd love to know how everyone is getting good battery life with 4.3. I have no apps draining battery in the background. Better Battery Stats is telling me that every app is acting as it should. But KTweaker app tells me that all 4 cores are running continuously, non stop. This is with less than 3.5 hours screen time with auto brightness on...

With GoldenEye 4.0 I would get close to 20 hours routinely, with normal use and 6 hours screen on time.

Basically, I have 2 states. Deep sleep, and nearly full bore. Deep sleep works great, barely any battery drain at all. As soon as I turn the screen on, it ramps up to 1674 and pretty much stays there till I turn the screen off. Even with the only running app being CPU Spy, it still sits rock steady on 1674.

27 minutes after a reboot, the only app I've had open is CPU Spy.

are you using 1.36?

Wow that 1.36 update took a loooong time to flash.

was beginning to get worried! haha going to wipe cache and reboot. hopefully the dirty flash is not going to be problematic

thanks always for the ROM OP.

keep an eyes on it... dirty flash should be ok... if anything odd happens clean flash it

Hey iB4STiD, thank you and the team who are helping with this awesome rom. It's helping me reduce withdrawal symptoms from switching from the N4 to the S4. I had a quick favor to ask(well not quite sure it's quick) Could we have a mod that will give signal strength in text for(-68)? Thank you once again!

Thanks man.. the team is me and the help of the great users who use this rom.. so ur part of it :) .. i'll look into it not sure if it can be done .. thanks again man!

Wow feels like a new device. So fast and smooth. Just flashed it so I'm hoping for good battery, but so far so good :good:

Just in case any Canadian is reading this, with my Bell S4, the APN was there, but I had to add the proxy settings, without those the data speeds kind of sucked. Proxy server: web.wireless.bell.ca Port: 80. Oh and be patient it takes a while for it to boot up the first time.

Also, the home button mod is amazing. I tried the 4.2.2 GE ROM and the home button lag/delay was very bad. This is instant :)

since 1.35 4.3 battery life has been very good!! thanks man glad ur enjoying it :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Anton2007

Top Liked Posts