[APP & SRC] Samsung Tools (Source Now Included!) UPDATED: 24/01/2011

Search This thread

ManicDVLN

Nov 18, 2010
Run ADC thing is not working, I check it and reboot, Its a standard boot, no configuration window comes up.

I am on Rogers Samsung Focus.

Kotlicki

Oct 6, 2009
Interestingly the ADC thing worked however only partially.

I have 3G Portal MMS settings that are right and mms_line that is configured for T-mobile.... I'm on Orange Israel...

How do I know which of the two is actually selected when sending a MMS? Currently MMS sending Fails.

Update: Managed to solve that by turning OFF the Automatic Profile setting in the Network Tool. Now MMS works great!

Last edited:

jaybrizzle

Nov 20, 2010
Hey so I also downloaded and install Samsung Tools on my unlocked At&t focus which I use on fido. First off great work but I am having a small problem, I can send MMS perfectly fine but I cannot receive. When i receive a message it says this message could not be adapted to your terminal. Anyone have any ideas? I don't have the network profile app installed so I'm kind of confused. Also when I dial *#9920# I see At&t apns, could I not just use a registry editor and change them to Fido? I'm no professional so I thought I would ask you guys before I attempt and could possibly brick my phone. Any insight would help. Thanks!

djyl

Sep 18, 2010
france
the tool does not prevent the blockage

hello everyone thank you for this application but still my tool not prevent his re-blocked again omnia 7 renitialisè I have the Windows 7 for his phone works again to unlock with chevron. that the zune that connects it directly blocked again so it prevents refreezing not in any case my home
:)

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Hey lyriquidperfection, I'm the developer of the IE Search Switcher app and have heard some reports of trouble writing to Samsung registries using my app. It sounds like you have this working though, so I'm going to try using your method. I'll probably have to re-write it in C# since that's what the rest of the library uses but that's no biggie for me.

Some questions though:
Do you use ProvisionXML or some other technique to make the write access work?
Am I going to need to include any new native DLLs?
Would you be interested in testing for me? None of my friends who live in the area have Samsung phones, so testing is a pain.

Thanks for the great work!

Multipass22

Nov 27, 2010
Hello everybody, so I installed on my samsung tools omnia7, it worked fine until today, my phone was blocked again, and now I can not unlock it and chevronwp7 no longer works, I the message: "sorry im having trouble with ... communication please make sure Connecting by USB. Nobody has had this problem? I think the phone is "prevention-locking", can someone help me? thank you for your help.

c010

Oct 22, 2007
Petaling Jaya
hi, i deployed samsung tool and enabled 3G toggle, remove sideload limit and prevent phone to relocking on my omnia 7. everything works fine but after few hours of usage, my phone started to act weird. my phone auto factory reset, everything were gone, then i tried to reboot the phone but it stucked at omnia7 logo.

i have no choice that to flash the phone with xenjk1, repeat the same thing by deploying samsung tool and enable the features. again, after few hours of usage, noticed my picture gallery were screwed up. when i tried to scrow around in picture gallery, the screen doesn't display properly, everything was in a mess. then i rebooted the phone, again it got stucked at omnia7 logo. this time i flashed again and will try to avoid samsung tool and see if it happen again.

anybody face similar issue?

babadudu

Mar 26, 2010
San Jose
I am sorry I am a noob in WP7,

I don't see any .xap file inside the samsungtools or source code zip i downloaded.

only have dll xaml png and xml, .... am I missing something?

thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have made a small Tool that will prevent device relocking and allow maximum number of sideloaded apps. This may help a few people to make the impossible become possible without hassle.

Requirements:

Dev Unlocked Samsung Phone
    XAP Installer

Updated 23/01/2011:

Added: Run ADC option to automatically configure Data and MMS settings on reboot.
    Added: Enable the 3G Toggle option in 'mobile network' settings.
    Added: Reboot Button to restart your device easily.

Enjoy! :)

Source now also included!
    No I have not, I have used the samsung api and made it wrote to the necessary keys. I take no credit for the methods used only the UI which is simply just 2 checkboxes and a button. I wasnt aware that chevron made an app that RUNS ON DEVICE to remove sideload limit and prevent relocking. I only saw people struggling with registry editors trying to make the changes manually. So before opening your mouth trying to discredit people read through the forums thouroughly. This was intended to make things easier for people that unlocked their device with chevron tool.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    I think to The big Athiest dont understand the tile of the tool

I agree he is mistaking this with the chevronWP7 Unlock tool which also has a version to remove the sideload limit. My app doesnt unlock, and it runs on device not desktop pc and has the ability to prevent relocking. :)

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    good job though...i was just asking cause i have already modified the keys and just wanted to know if this brought anything new to the table. :)

Brought nothing new to the table yet, but I am working on something! ;)
    The app has now been updated! Please see the first page in this thread for more details. :)