LG G Pad 8.3 not read SD Card sometimes after KitKat update from LG.

Search This thread

Max.Mel

May 20, 2014
Had 2 issues
1. After a kitkat upgrade cheap sd card got corrupted and canned...
2. SanDisk 64GB class 10 suddenly started to show 0 bit , pc format didn't helped, only thing that currently working is a factory data reset.
Till now still working 24 hours and counting....

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app

sidamos77

Nov 8, 2012
The SD card unmounting is no problem of KitKat, because it does not happen on my cheap China tablet with KitKat. It is something that LG broke.

Hugo-PT

Jan 1, 2014
Matosinhos
Other users say they have never had problems with unmounting or other problems with the sdcard. :rolleyes: This makes it complicated to discover the source of the problem :(

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
H2testW results

Hi guys, I bought 64GB microSDXC UHS-I High Speed with Reader (Class 10)
I quick formatted it to exFAT in Windows 7 PC, then ran a H2testW on it. Is it OK that it shows 61083 MByte beeing nominally 64GB card?
Windows shows card properties as: 64,049,512,448 bytes 59.6GB, so seems good.
I have no experience with SD cards, could somebody comment if all is OK?

Warning: Only 61082 of 61083 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
59.6 GByte OK (125095934 sectors)
1 KByte DATA LOST (2 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
1 KByte corrupted (2 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000213bbf410
Expected: 0x500699e458317510
Found: 0x504699e458317510
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 24.4 MByte/s
Reading speed: 27.2 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Tested in included USB adapter in USB2

Thanks!

xEaGLeNeC

Mar 11, 2014
I'm also having random unmounting sdcard problem. i can't say that it started after kitkat cuz I upgraded right after buying it. But it took a while for the problem to start showing.

parsifal968

Mar 14, 2011
I also had unmount problems after kitkat upgrade with a samsung 32gb that has always worked well and then I went back to 4.2.2

Now I had to change the 32gb with a samsung 64gb and I have unmount after waking from sleep with 4.2.2!

as soon as I have time I'll try a factory reset.
I think the problem is in the management of the external sd card by LG.

brian566

Jan 29, 2014
West Yorks
SD card issues

I also had unmount problems after kitkat upgrade with a samsung 32gb that has always worked well and then I went back to 4.2.2

Now I had to change the 32gb with a samsung 64gb and I have unmount after waking from sleep with 4.2.2!

as soon as I have time I'll try a factory reset.
I think the problem is in the management of the external sd card by LG.

I suspect it a Google Issue in the update to kit Kat

Hugo-PT

Jan 1, 2014
Matosinhos
It's a Colorfly. It had 4.2 and got 4.4.2 later (not OTA, but flash with Windows program).
It is a custom ROM or stock?

Tanks
Hugo

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I don't think so...
My S4 is also on KitKat and has no SD unmount problems at all.
V500 started having SD card suddenly unmounted" problem few days ago.
Both V500 and S4 are using Transcend Class10 32GB SD cards...
Really seems to be a problem of LG with kitkat. Several users have reported to them, but LG says it not found any problem.. :(

sidamos77

Nov 8, 2012
Reactions: Hugo-PT

Hugo-PT

Jan 1, 2014
Matosinhos
It is official ROM from Colorfly, but looks pretty much Android stock.

I have asked LG support in Germany and USA and both said, this should be a hardware fault and I should send in the tablet. LOL. :(
It's a software problem and not hardware! They are crazy! :silly:
We have to wait for an update from LG to solve this issue, sooner or later :rolleyes:

meanoc

Feb 22, 2014
How many of you that are having the problems using link2sd? I also had a hell of a time with the sd card until I did a fresh install minus link2sd and haven't had one issue in over 3 weeks. I also verified in my case it was causing the problem by reinstalling the app and bingo all the problems reappear. I'm on LG 20B.

sidamos77

Nov 8, 2012
How many of you that are having the problems using link2sd? I also had a hell of a time with the sd card until I did a fresh install minus link2sd and haven't had one issue in over 3 weeks. I also verified in my case it was causing the problem by reinstalling the app and bingo all the problems reappear. I'm on LG 20B.

I don't. I was using the KitKat SD Write Fix, but I removed it and did a repair install and a factory reset. Still the same unmount problem.

Golagislow

Aug 4, 2014
LG G Pad 8.3 not read SD Card sometimes after KitKat update from LG

Hi, I'm also having problems with Link2sd on my LG G Pad v50020d.

After linking apps to the sd card, am keep having errors like:

1. SD card unmount unexpectly,
2. so and so app stopped working
3. Home also stopped working and
4. keep rebooting over and over again continuously.

Initially I thought I didn't root properly. So I reload back to stock v50020d, reset several times to clear all the data and re-root again. After that I re-install all the apps back to the internal memory and run for couple of weeks without any problem, smooth and good. Or at least, none of the above problems showed up.

Then I start to create link using Link2sd for a few apps (games mostly) to test out. And the problems started all over again. I did the same on my Xiaomi Mi Pad, but without a single problem and running smoothly.

Anyone has the similar problem? Any rectifications?

shayanagha85

Jan 25, 2011
Sd not recognized at all

my problem is that the SD card is not recognized at all, some thing wrong with drivers i think.
when i installed AOSP-Marshmelow rom , the sd card worked just fine, so I'm sure my SD and My G Pad are ok.
but in this rom, when i insert the same SD, says SD inserted, and then nothing
in the Storage Setting the "mount sd card" and "erase sd card" are Grayed, and the SD is not recognized in any file manager, even when i connect my tablet to the PC just internal storage is shown.
PLZ guide me to fix it, i love this lollipop and i dont like the aosp marshmellow and kitkat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone experiencing the 0.00kb SD Card issue-I have found that instead of having to re-boot each time this occurs, you can switch the pad into Airplane mode then back again-the card will now be read properly. It's not a solution but it saves a lot of time....
    It is a custom ROM or stock?

It is official ROM from Colorfly, but looks pretty much Android stock.

IReally seems to be a problem of LG with kitkat. Several users have reported to them, but LG says it not found any problem.. :(

I have asked LG support in Germany and USA and both said, this should be a hardware fault and I should send in the tablet. LOL. :(
    my problem is that the SD card is not recognized at all, some thing wrong with drivers i think.
    when i installed AOSP-Marshmelow rom , the sd card worked just fine, so I'm sure my SD and My G Pad are ok.
    but in [URL=" rom[/URL], when i insert the same SD, says SD inserted, and then nothing
    in the Storage Setting the "mount sd card" and "erase sd card" are Grayed, and the SD is not recognized in any file manager, even when i connect my tablet to the PC just internal storage is shown.
    PLZ guide me to fix it, i love this lollipop and i dont like the aosp marshmellow and kitkat.

Reformat the SD card from the running Android ROM. You can probably get anything you want to keep from it by using an adapter to connect the card to your PC first.