Personal Unlocking

Search This thread

Cybertronicz

Sep 11, 2008
Has anyone figured out how to enable "Personal Unlocking"
It was demo'ed at I/O. If you have your android wear device in range, it wont prompt you to unlock your phone.
I cant seem to find it, im running L preview.

Reactions: bomdia

tomh1979

Jun 22, 2010
York, PA
It was demo'ed at I/O. If you have your android wear device in range, it wont prompt you to unlock your phone.

i'm not sure it's available yet in the preview, wish it was since that is what i'm running, but if it is yeah more details about it would be nice to.

spiderflash

Jun 19, 2014
Munich
I'm pretty sure it's not available yet. It will be in the full release of L. I'm guessing it was just a demo at Google I/O and it's still too buggy or similar.

PMentior

Feb 28, 2012
Akron, OH
There are a number of apps that can do this. I use SkipLock and I have heard that pebble locker can do this. I don't however use L Preview as it really driver so I'm not sure if SkipLock works in the preview

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

spiderflash

Jun 19, 2014
Munich
There are a number of apps that can do this. I use SkipLock and I have heard that pebble locker can do this. I don't however use L Preview as it really driver so I'm not sure if SkipLock works in the preview

True, I'm just using tasker and secure settings to unlock my phone when the watch is connected. When it's disconnected tasker checks whether I manually disconnected (cause I'm home and want the watch to charger eg) or whether the watch or the phone got stolen and then takes appropriate action (alarm, photo, tracking, password lock, etc)

esoh

Jul 25, 2011

Does anyone know if Pebble Locker or Skiplock has a on/off widget. I would like a one touch on/off feature for when I'm in the car, etc., and it would help to have one vs. having to go through serveral menus. I just installed Skiplock and couldn't find one, so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks.

PMentior

Feb 28, 2012
Akron, OH
Does anyone know if Pebble Locker or Skiplock has a on/off widget. I would like a one touch on/off feature for when I'm in the car, etc., and it would help to have one vs. having to go through serveral menus. I just installed Skiplock and couldn't find one, so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks.

Do you not wear your G Watch in the car? With skiplock just have your watch set as a trusted Bluetooth device and as long as it is connected you shouldn't need your phone's pin/password.

esoh

Jul 25, 2011
Do you not wear your G Watch in the car? With skiplock just have your watch set as a trusted Bluetooth device and as long as it is connected you shouldn't need your phone's pin/password.

Sorry, maybe I should've been more clear. Yes, I wear the Gwatch in the car. But I only want to be able to use Trusted BT Device in the car and not when my phone is sitting my desk at work for example and I'm in range with my watch. Therefore, I'd like to be able to toggle Skiplock on and off with a toggle vs. having to find the app, start the app, click on settings, turn on the slider, close app. I don't see a on/off toggle in the widget gallery so I was asking if Pebble Locker had one or there was one with SL that I was missing.

PMentior

Feb 28, 2012
Akron, OH
Sorry, maybe I should've been more clear. Yes, I wear the Gwatch in the car. But I only want to be able to use Trusted BT Device in the car and not when my phone is sitting my desk at work for example and I'm in range with my watch. Therefore, I'd like to be able to toggle Skiplock on and off with a toggle vs. having to find the app, start the app, click on settings, turn on the slider, close app. I don't see a on/off toggle in the widget gallery so I was asking if Pebble Locker had one or there was one with SL that I was missing.

If you have root I believe you might be able to do this with tasked and the secure settings plugin. Do you have a WiFi network at your work that you can connect your phone to? I think I might try to set this up on my own after I get off of work for the weekend.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.