[Q] Best SGS2 Cases Available

Search This thread

Bass_Amphetamine

Jan 17, 2011
Hi,

I'm waiting for my Samsung Galaxy S II to arrive in the mail that I just bought on Ebay for $770 CAD. I was wondering what were the best cases available that won't detract from the phone's, 'sexyness'. Here are a few cases I thought looked nice on Ebay:

Barely There Case:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...00292&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2449wt_1115

Leather 'Wallet' Case:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...58999&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3824wt_1115

Mesh Case:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Samsung-Genuine-...Accessories&hash=item2a119b4aec#ht_4050wt_957

Does anyone know what would be the best case for what I'm looking for? I'm focused on quality and looks rather than the price.

UPDATE: I just read the thread rules that stated "no advertising of any kind". Please note that I am not advertising these products. I am only posting them here for comparative purposes, with no intention to sell any products.

UPDATE 2: I bought the "barely there TOUGH" case. It was a little more expensive than the average case (I think it's going for 30 on ebay as of dec 16) but let me tell you, it is probably the only case you'll ever need for this phone. It feels like my phone is wearing a badass suit while still lookin fresh. Buy this case. You'll love it.

Jamie

Last edited:

nicpol7

Nov 11, 2009
Hi,

I'm waiting for my Samsung Galaxy S II to arrive in the mail that I just bought on Ebay for $770 CAD. I was wondering what were the best cases available that won't detract from the phone's, 'sexyness'. Here are a few cases I thought looked nice on Ebay:

Space Case:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...00292&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2449wt_1115

Leather 'Wallet' Case:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...58999&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3824wt_1115

Mesh Case:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Samsung-Genuine-...Accessories&hash=item2a119b4aec#ht_4050wt_957

Does anyone know what would be the best case for what I'm looking for? I'm focused on quality and looks rather than the price.

UPDATE: I just read the thread rules that stated "no advertising of any kind". Please note that I am not advertising these products. I am only posting them here for comparative purposes, with no intention to sell any products.

Jamie

barely there and mesh case are similar..both are slim ,light.. both look perfect..
mesh case has holes that might help on heat transfer from the phone,and can be removed much easier than the barely there case..
both do not cover top and bottom of the phone(barely there protects about 0.5cm more)..
in terms of the two in my opinion mesh case is better,,

the other case protects much more..but makes your phone extra large..
its a matter of personal taste

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
I like the mesh case, but I doubt these cases will protect the phone from any falls. I really like the Rearth case, and the mesh case. I'm waiting now for a Case-Mate Pop case I'm going to review, which will be out in august or september as I was told from CM. The best thin cases? I really REALLY like the Rearth case. I reviewed it just yesterday, check out my sig for that. The Mesh case, which I also own, are very good, and leave the phone all sexy ;)... The CM cases, I don't like the barely there case series. I don't know why. It makes it look too plain.

Reactions: onlinejobwork

mjcook1984

Dec 16, 2009
Warrington
twitter.com
ive got the mesh case in black look great on the phone and as already stated really easy to take on and off but it does collect dust and dirty under it like a magnet. plus probably not much protection if dropped

bassmonkey

Jun 10, 2010
I've got the casemate tough n it is nice, stops dust n grease, would defiantly protect from a fall. However the phone gets stupidly hot n stays hot for ages. Just ordered a mesh case to see how that goes

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: onlinejobwork

daddymatt

I have the samsung mesh in white and it collected dust under it like nobodys business! It looks sooo sexy though! Solution? I ordered a Zagg maximum protection and installed it on the back and sides... Like stated before, the case is so easy to put on it wrapped right around it perfect and you cant even tell its there. So i am totally protected (from scratches) and still look sexy and slim.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

nicpol7

Nov 11, 2009
I have the samsung mesh in white and it collected dust under it like nobodys business! It looks sooo sexy though! Solution? I ordered a Zagg maximum protection and installed it on the back and sides... Like stated before, the case is so easy to put on it wrapped right around it perfect and you cant even tell its there. So i am totally protected (from scratches) and still look sexy and slim.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

this is the best solution..zagg for the corners and mesh case..

cmd512

Aug 25, 2009
Shanghai
Don't care for the mesh case... tops and bottoms are completely exposed.

I'm using the SGP Ultra Capsule in Soul Black, fantastic case.

R3Y

Jun 2, 2011
India
Could someone please recommend a good slip-in pouch for the GS2?

I don't feel comfortable with the hard plastic cases, as they tend to harm the phone body after sometime..

Bass_Amphetamine

Jan 17, 2011

Thanks guys,

I think the Ottercase looks the best so far, as it seems to have the most protection. My only concern is that it may make the phone look too bulky.

Any experience with these cases?

Jamie

Hrti

Aug 2, 2010
I've got both the Casemate barely there and the genuine mesh case (black with italic S character).

Both are thin, lightweight and adds a better grip without making it difficult to put the phone in and out of your pocket (I use tight pants ;)). In fact they are very similar, but the barely there has a bit more matte color, and is a tad more gray when compared to the completely black mesh case. Also the mesh case feels a tad better in the hand, and is easier to take on and off (it still sits firmly on the phone).

As you are talking about keeping the sexiness of the phone, I would recommend the mesh case :) But they both are good, so you won't be disappointed either way.

Bass_Amphetamine

Jan 17, 2011
barely there and mesh case are similar..both are slim ,light.. both look perfect..
mesh case has holes that might help on heat transfer from the phone,and can be removed much easier than the barely there case..
both do not cover top and bottom of the phone(barely there protects about 0.5cm more)..
in terms of the two in my opinion mesh case is better,,

the other case protects much more..but makes your phone extra large..
its a matter of personal taste

I've got both the Casemate barely there and the genuine mesh case (black with italic S character).

Both are thin, lightweight and adds a better grip without making it difficult to put the phone in and out of your pocket (I use tight pants ;)). In fact they are very similar, but the barely there has a bit more matte color, and is a tad more gray when compared to the completely black mesh case. Also the mesh case feels a tad better in the hand, and is easier to take on and off (it still sits firmly on the phone).

As you are talking about keeping the sexiness of the phone, I would recommend the mesh case :) But they both are good, so you won't be disappointed either way.

Thanks for your input Hrti!

I heard a few other people saying that the mesh case doesn't quite cover the whole entire phone. And while the 'sexyness' is a huge factor, I am more concerned about keeping the phone completely protected. Cuz I'd be devastated if anything ever happened to my baby. lol.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Jamie

bassmonkey

Jun 10, 2010
I've got the casemate tough n it is nice, stops dust n grease, would defiantly protect from a fall. However the phone gets stupidly hot n stays hot for ages. Just ordered a mesh case to see how that goes

Got mesh case, now back using the case mate tough. Not sure what the mesh cases point is, top n bottom completely exposed, its a dust magnet. My phone dropped from the arm of the sofa and it came clean off. I suppose it does look nice but if that's the main concern and you're not bothered about the non protection it provides you may as well not have a case. That's just my opinion anyway :)

icehot666

May 21, 2011
Fareham
Got mesh case, now back using the case mate tough. Not sure what the mesh cases point is, top n bottom completely exposed, its a dust magnet. My phone dropped from the arm of the sofa and it came clean off. I suppose it does look nice but if that's the main concern and you're not bothered about the non protection it provides you may as well not have a case. That's just my opinion anyway :)

Thanks for writing that - I dropped my phone last night indoors on a carpet, and I've always used the mesh case - but it popped straight off and the phone and the case were about a meter apart when they settled.... (phone was fine btw). It got me thinking if I dropped that on concrete or something it'd be pretty badly damaged!

Was looking at the case mate tough - and it's not till I just read your post now that it's convinced me to get one! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Barely There Case:

Leather 'Wallet' Case:

Mesh Case:

UPDATE 2: I bought the "barely there TOUGH" case. It was a little more expensive than the average case (I think it's going for 30 on ebay as of dec 16) but let me tell you, it is probably the only case you'll ever need for this phone. It feels like my phone is wearing a badass suit while still lookin fresh. Buy this case. You'll love it.

Jamie
    Man o man! Don't buy anymore. My advice, please w/o hard feelings, rather save the money and spend it on a decent english course ;-)

You should stop making fun of others and start contributing to the site. ;-)
    I am considering sweet armor, found some cheap retailers on aliexpress (not sure if they are original or not, gotta buy one to see) but would it affect signal? I have read some posts saying it affects their signal, mostly GPS. But some say it's the aluminium backplate they got that causes the loss, so I wanna find out if getting the bumper alone would affect signal in any way.

One more thing, is the bumper raised above the screen and camera? Don't want them to be scratched on my table top :D

i bought mine from eBay, pretty sure it's not original because it was way cheaper than on their site (90% cheaper haha) but it looks the same, made of aluminium and has a nice build quality.
    it is raised above the screen and camera so don't worry about that.
    the only drawback i see is that it's kind of slippery, i'm used to plastic and silicone cases that stick to the desk and have a lot of friction. this, however, is hard, smooth aluminium so it tends to slide on surfaces and sometimes in my hand. -buy hey, it looks awesome!
    got this case today..

gOXx9.jpg

Sxv71.jpg

its a hard case out of 2 parts basically you slide the top on the phone and then top attaches to bottom part with little clips that are hidden

its 7.99 and has that "soft/quality" feel to it + one free bottom part of any color..

the one in pictures is gray with gray.. here's an ebay link if anyone is interested

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/maximexpress/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692

dont think he has any grey ones in stock anymore..
    I m from Viet nam , using Case mate Tough case for 2 weeks now and the phone heat stay only warm as same as no case with charging and web browsing . So i didnt see any differences with case on or without . maybe i didnt play much heavy game then