[Q] Hyperdrive RLS7 for Verizon Note 3 fixing APN

Search This thread

eddie377

Feb 17, 2011
This should go under the Hyperdrive RLS7 Rom thread in the developer section, but I can not post there so I guess I will add clutter here.:eek:

Has anyone been able to get Hyperdrive RLS7 (or 6) to work with Verizon? The internet works, but I can not send SMS/MMS messages and it looks like the APN is missing the settings. APN backup and restore does not work. I had to leave Hyperdrive 6 because of this and now it looks like 7 is a no go either.

Thanks and feel free to move this where it should go if you have rights...

redderbacher

Feb 24, 2014
Buffalo
This should go under the Hyperdrive RLS7 Rom thread in the developer section, but I can not post there so I guess I will add clutter here.:eek:

Has anyone been able to get Hyperdrive RLS7 (or 6) to work with Verizon? The internet works, but I can not send SMS/MMS messages and it looks like the APN is missing the settings. APN backup and restore does not work. I had to leave Hyperdrive 6 because of this and now it looks like 7 is a no go either.

I am running RLS6 without any issue. I plan on installing RLS7 today or tomorrow.

Ryn0

Jan 24, 2014
Have the same problem tried changing roms, but problem persists. Hope you get this in time.

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010

This was the first Rom I have had where I had this issue. Clean install and tried using sms , but it kept saying sending. No idea, re flashed baja Rom and it worked normally.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ryn0

Jan 24, 2014
I will give it a try again. Tried it on stock ROM and still had the same issue. Which Baja? I believed i tried Baja 8 and still couldn't send a text. Maybe I will give Baja Combat a try and another.:confused:

redderbacher

Feb 24, 2014
Buffalo
I was able to Hyperdrive RLS7 on and I am able to send and receive sms/mms. I also had trouble on Baja.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ryn0

Jan 24, 2014
I had been running RSL 6 for about a month with a problem. Woke up this morning, and couldn't send a text. I am verizon customer. I am able to receive messages though. I have tried Baja combat and 8 with the same outcome. My girlfriend is also a verizon customer and is able to send and receive texts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am able to make calls. Internet does not work also.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Figured it out. Helps if Verizon doesn't shut off your phone, even if your balance is $0.00

Last edited:

eddie377

Feb 17, 2011
Updated info...looks like it is signal related

I have done some testing and it looks like it is related to the signal strength. Even though it shows two bars and emails come through and the internet loads, text messages will not send from my office. If I test this from home with three bars, everything works.

The confusing part is as soon as I reboot into another ROM (Beans 6 or even RLS5.5) then everything works from my office. I guess I will try again when 8 comes out.