Serious Issues (Phone Un-Usable)

Search This thread

Villisca23

Aug 7, 2014
Here's my situation. I got an LG G2 (D800) for my birthday last December. I was super excited to finally have an Android phone again, I had been using an iPhone 4S for a few months, so naturally I went straight into customization. I tried to flash a ROM (I don't remember which one) got loki set up right, installed TWRP. Got all that done. Selected my ROM, which had versions for different carriers(D800,D801,D802) kernels included. So I accidentally flashed the D802 ROM onto my D800,(In system settings it identifies as a D802). Now I didn't think to flash the kernel for it... I think that may be my problem. Now in me head I can just boot back into recovery, flash the right ROM and kernel, and I'm good to go. Not so much.. For some reason, TWRP was removed. I also cannot barely navigate anything. My touches are off and completely random, it will auto reboot after about 1-5 minutes of use. I have tried to get into system settings countless times and turn on USB debugging to try to get loki and TWRP back in it. But the touches are so off and inaccurate that I cannot even click on PC Connections to turn it on. I am at a ****ing wall. I have no earthly idea as to what I can do... At the moment I have no phone to use, I need one for my job. I beg for any help or advice, I will try anything at this point.

Thanks.

Last edited:

shadow2483

Feb 9, 2014
LG G2 Bricked Phone Fix :This Works !!

Here's my situation. I got an LG G2 (D800) for my birthday last December. I was super excited to finally have an Android phone again, I had been using an iPhone 4S for a few months, so naturally I went straight into customization. I tried to flash a ROM (I don't remember which one) got loki set up right, installed TWRP. Got all that done. Selected my ROM, which had versions for different carriers(D800,D801,D802) kernels included. So I accidentally flashed the D802 ROM onto my D800,(In system settings it identifies as a D802). Now I didn't think to flash the kernel for it... I think that may be my problem. Now in me head I can just boot back into recovery, flash the right ROM and kernel, and I'm good to go. Not so much.. For some reason, TWRP was removed. I also cannot barely navigate anything. My touches are off and completely random, it will auto reboot after about 1-5 minutes of use. I have tried to get into system settings countless times and turn on USB debugging to try to get loki and TWRP back in it. But the touches are so off and inaccurate that I cannot even click on PC Connections to turn it on. I am at a ****ing wall. I have no earthly idea as to what I can do... At the moment I have no phone to use, I need one for my job. I beg for any help or advice, I will try anything at this point.

Thanks.
take your phone to a metro pc store or a cricket wireles store pay to have it flashed to their service then flash it back as you normally would the jtag machine they use can fix all models every cell phone store has one but good luck getting the major 4 to flash it Sprint , AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, thats why i said Metro PCS Or Cricket Wireless, it worked for me cause you cant get anyone to respond on here and youtube is full of liars that wanna brick your phone on purpose. I had a LG G2 D800 That i Accidently wiped everything including os and sd card with all Files of roms root the whole 9 yards
so all i had was Just Clockwork mod !! took it to the METRO PCS store and paid as if i was wanting their service they flashed it and Boom working Again, then took it home IORooted it with that Method found on here and flashed G2 Stock rom using G2 flash tool. Then flashed it again from TRWP Using G3 cloudy Rom. I hope this helps

Mojar7070

Jan 25, 2013
Isn't metro pcs a cdma network?? Will flashing a gsm phone (att d800) to cdma even work??

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

Villisca23

Aug 7, 2014
take your phone to a metro pc store or a cricket wireles store pay to have it flashed to their service then flash it back as you normally would the jtag machine they use can fix all models every cell phone store has one but good luck getting the major 4 to flash it Sprint , AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, thats why i said Metro PCS Or Cricket Wireless, it worked for me cause you cant get anyone to respond on here and youtube is full of liars that wanna brick your phone on purpose. I had a LG G2 D800 That i Accidently wiped everything including os and sd card with all Files of roms root the whole 9 yards
so all i had was Just Clockwork mod !! took it to the METRO PCS store and paid as if i was wanting their service they flashed it and Boom working Again, then took it home IORooted it with that Method found on here and flashed G2 Stock rom using G2 flash tool. Then flashed it again from TRWP Using G3 cloudy Rom. I hope this helps

Okay, thank you. About how much did it cost you? Also, since I have my phone locked to AT&T wouldn't they make it so only their SIM cards work in the phone, making my AT&T SIM worthless? I like AT&T's service, I don't want to drop them.

Last edited:

shadow2483

Feb 9, 2014
LG G2 D800 AT&T Metro PCS / Cricket Wireless

Okay, thank you. About how much did it cost you? Also, since I have my phone locked to AT&T wouldn't they make it so only their SIM cards work in the phone, making my AT&T SIM worthless? I like AT&T's service, I don't want to drop them.
I
In response to everyones question yes they would charge you for their service but this is a last resort if you have no help from anyone on here, .. Now here the thing, As i stated in my previous reply, i did this cause i accidently wiped my whole phone and only had just CWM aka clock work mod that was it and nobody has done a tutorial on this a fix or nothing for this model i had no way to adb push or sideload cause it couldnt recognize the model to push or latch on to my device. so I took it to my friend at the local Metro PCS store and told them i want service and I paid for their service they flashed it i took it home flashed IoRooted it , then G2 Flashed it to AT&T Stock rom, once back on my stock rom i then Used TWRP and made a full back up using TWRP and flashed the G3 Cloudy Rom , then Boom I was back in the saddle again !! , now I really hope that the XDA Developers could take a moment if they could to find a fix for people like me and anyone else who accidently wipes everything Toatl Os and all even SD and external and the only thing they have is CWM or TWRP, . but the fix would make it so we couldnt erase all data without being warned or some type of emergency fix or patch for this sorta thing, im just a noob but I respect everyone on the site and their work and they are good at what they do , so if the message reaches one of the master Pros id be gratefully appreciative , and im sure all others will as well , sorry for the late response ive been working 3rd shift and not much sleep. hope i answered all your questions , have a great day

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

I
In response to everyones question yes they would charge you for their service but this is a last resort if you have no help from anyone on here, .. Now here the thing, As i stated in my previous reply, i did this cause i accidently wiped my whole phone and only had just CWM aka clock work mod that was it and nobody has done a tutorial on this a fix or nothing for this model i had no way to adb push or sideload cause it couldnt recognize the model to push or latch on to my device. so I took it to my friend at the local Metro PCS store and told them i want service and I paid for their service they flashed it i took it home flashed IoRooted it , then G2 Flashed it to AT&T Stock rom, once back on my stock rom i then Used TWRP and made a full back up using TWRP and flashed the G3 Cloudy Rom , then Boom I was back in the saddle again !! , now I really hope that the XDA Developers could take a moment if they could to find a fix for people like me and anyone else who accidently wipes everything Toatl Os and all even SD and external and the only thing they have is CWM or TWRP, . but the fix would make it so we couldnt erase all data without being warned or some type of emergency fix or patch for this sorta thing, im just a noob but I respect everyone on the site and their work and they are good at what they do , so if the message reaches one of the master Pros id be gratefully appreciative , and im sure all others will as well , sorry for the late response ive been working 3rd shift and not much sleep. hope i answered all your questions , have a great day

To my Understanding I was told at the Metro PCS that it is owned now by AT&T as well as Cricket , but don't quote me , but I do know that their stores have Sim Cards now instead of just CDMA only .

playerone_

Aug 10, 2014
Here is the best possible fix I could think of for you, and it is guaranteed to work because I've softbricked my D800 in many different circumstances trying to play around with options and settings I shouldn't have just to see what they were. This process is somewhat tedious, but nonetheless is works and will reset your device back to the absolute first rom ever released for the D800, which is 4.2.2 JB. After you are completely done with this, you can go to your settings>about phone>software update and keep updating it until you get to 4.4.2 KK. I think you have to do the software update 4 times to get to 4.4.2 so it might take a little time. Here is the video, follow it step by step and if you have any questions just post them here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqw_LFuyHbE&index=1&list=FLgk5eWpB4S7cI8MUlrRa67A