New 12070 firmware arriving soon to your Lumia 800

Search This thread

soundstorm17

Mar 8, 2012
So, I cannot reach the future updates with zune (tango for example) if i update my phone to 12070 with cab sender? Should I downgrade/restore my phone from 12070 to 11500?

fryjs

Oct 3, 2010
Just a note for Australians: I bought a Lumia 800 from Telstra today with 12070 already on it.

Shebee

Mar 9, 2008
Hey guys, I'm sick of waiting for the update, so I think I'll just flash it myself.
Are there any unbranded roms floating around? I don't want to bother with any logos when booting up.

sHaHiN786

Jan 12, 2010
Manchester
Hey guys, I'm sick of waiting for the update, so I think I'll just flash it myself.
Are there any unbranded roms floating around? I don't want to bother with any logos when booting up.

If your phone is branded to your network, it will stay branded to your network after the update, this update does not unbrand or brand your phone on another operator branding. ;)

pexer-abc

Jan 29, 2012
If your phone is branded to your network, it will stay branded to your network after the update, this update does not unbrand or brand your phone on another operator branding. ;)
Perhaps I've misunderstand this, but thats not true. If it's locked, it will stay locked. However if it's branded You can indeed flash it with a unbranded rom to remove the branding. I've done it myself with a T-mobile branded Lumia 800. Right now I'm running a dutch unbranded 12070 FW.

-obiwan-

Dec 13, 2011
Perhaps I've misunderstand this, but thats not true. If it's locked, it will stay locked. However if it's branded You can indeed flash it with a unbranded rom to remove the branding. I've done it myself with a T-mobile branded Lumia 800. Right now I'm running a dutch unbranded 12070 FW.

This sounds like you have flashed your phone with the latest NL country variant. If so, please can you check if the volume bug is present in this version?

E.g. switch your volume down to 4 or 5 and see if it jumps up to full volume if you are receiving a call.

Thanks!

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
This sounds like you have flashed your phone with the latest NL country variant. If so, please can you check if the volume bug is present in this version?

E.g. switch your volume down to 4 or 5 and see if it jumps up to full volume if you are receiving a call.

Thanks!

Or when you receive a message. I noticed it happens then as wel... Quite frustrating...

pexer-abc

Jan 29, 2012
Actually I havent tried listening to music while receiving sms.
Just noticed that on incoming call it raises.
Indeed very frustrating.
I didn't have any problems with battery, but with reboots when connecting car bluetooth during ongoing call.
Thought that might have been fixed with 12070, but nope.
Any known workarounds for the volume bug?
I'm thinking of downgrading....

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
Actually I havent tried listening to music while receiving sms.
Just noticed that on incoming call it raises.
Indeed very frustrating.
I didn't have any problems with battery, but with reboots when connecting car bluetooth during ongoing call.
Thought that might have been fixed with 12070, but nope.
Any known workarounds for the volume bug?
I'm thinking of downgrading....

I have no experience with the bluetooth thing. I'm not old enough to drive a car, so it's pretty useless to me. My battery is also fine, haven't noticed any difference with the 12070 update.
I don't know about any workarounds, and neither of a way to downgrade...

pexer-abc

Jan 29, 2012
I have no experience with the bluetooth thing. I'm not old enough to drive a car, so it's pretty useless to me. My battery is also fine, haven't noticed any difference with the 12070 update.
I don't know about any workarounds, and neither of a way to downgrade...

I've downgraded 11501->11451 restoring a Zune backup earlier. However, I think the Recovery flash method should work fine though to go from 12070->11501, but haven't tried it...

jorkobe23

Sep 27, 2010
Does 12070 firmware really improve the battery life?
I got my phone yesterday and the battery drains so fast... Also the volume problem.. Why is it so loud even when I down to 1?? Do you guys know how to fix it??

Sent from my Lumia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

pexer-abc

Jan 29, 2012
Does 12070 firmware really improve the battery life?
I got my phone yesterday and the battery drains so fast... Also the volume problem.. Why is it so loud even when I down to 1?? Do you guys know how to fix it??

Sent from my Lumia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Did You read the post just above Yours and follow the link to Nokias forum?
Don't think theres a better answer then that awaiting a fix from Nokia.

Regarding battery: as strange as it sounds, actually I think my was getting better and better even on 11501. I uninstalled the diagnostic app, stopped monitoring the battery, and after that It has worked well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OKAY!........ You dont have to be so darn rude. It was confusing on how it was explained. but again thanks.......

I don't think I was rude. I just said you get over it, because you shouldn't need a vid to have prove when I already gave you confirmation. That's it. I thought the smiley made that clear.. Anyway, good luck with the update.

Heathcliff74
    I have a unbranded "Swiss" Lumia. My Operator code is 000-CH. It means OPN swiss.... 000-88 is also a code for open devices. my omnia 7 have that 000-88 code. the 12070 update also have the 000-88 code inside. do you think i can update the next firmware over zune? the 12070 firmware seems to be unbranded, but will it be the same firmware which will be released worldwide for open market phones?´i already flashed my phone with the new firmware, but i don't want to restore my phone after 5 months when the next firmware comes. i'm afraid that my phone cannot be updated over zune anymore. (NOKIA Updates).

The update has 000-88 in the package. But the update does not change that operator code. My device was 000-33 before the update and after the update it is still 000-33. I don't know what operator 000-33 is, but it is also some type of open-market operator code. I got my phone directly from Nokia HQ.

After the 12070, my Nokia finally survives a day of heavy usage (4 push-mail-account-syncs, some calls, internet usage and quite a lot of power-on-time with screen on highest brightness). Going to bed now after a long day with still 10% battery left. Before the update, my phone wouldn't last till dinner on a day like this. :)

Ciao,
    Heathcliff74
    Hi HeathCliff,

Don't we have to worry about walshing our phones by manually applying this update? Or are language cabs only of importance with OS updates?

Walshing can indeed only happen with OS updates, because they have separate language packs.

Can I flash my branded phone via CAB method? Will it still be branded or unbranded if i can?

Hmmm. Good question. I'm not sure. You can try it. If it doesn't work it will simply get rejected and you will not have the update. No problem. I'm also not sure if this will unbrand your phone, but I think it will in fact unbrand it.

i'm completely new to wp7. how does one go about updating their phone through the cab method? Any tutorials out there?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306415

Can someone who owns the Lumia 800 and is running it with the latest firmware/update tell me when their phone is fully charges, how many hours remaining does the battery saver mode state?

Telecom here have just launched the lumia 800 with the latest 12070 firmware installed, and on 1st day I only got 8 hours use with work email, hotmail, twitter, facebook set to push.

now I have the same setup and infact more apps running in the background on the htc titan and I get solid 2 days.

Users report that discharge is indeed much slower. Apps are not running in the background. They are tombstoned. There are only backgroundtasks for updating live-tiles and syncing mail.

Ciao,
    Heathcliff74
    I want to update via Singapore update 12070. Should I update if my Nokia is OEM factory phone and i live in the USA? Does this update brand the Phone? please send pics or video of startup of Nokia 800. I am just wondering if it brands the Nokia as a Singapore phone?

Dude! Can't you read, or do you just not believe me? I already wrote here twice that the update is not branded. I even pasted details from the update here! I'm not going to make a video for you to prove it! Update it and get over it!

Good luck :p
    Heathcliff74
    So, we are still waiting in EU for Nokia's update but we see that Asias is the first one. cong :)

Ehmmm.. NO! Not waiting! Updating!! Read my post.. Update.. Done!