How to ROOT Galaxy Note 10.1 3G/Wifi! [N8000/N8013/N8010]

Search This thread

gordonzhao

Apr 16, 2009
I have a N8000 from Hong Kong (BRN) model. I've downloaded the Germany 4.1.2, and cf auto. Using this method will keep the stock recovery but give me root access right?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Huzuner

Feb 18, 2010
Is there any difference between GT-8000 and GT-8005 because mine is GT-8005 16 GB 3G version. Can i able to use your root method? Thanks

Huzuner

Feb 18, 2010
you can use cf auto root... works on all devices... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957002

At the top of the topic it says
"Check your device model ! Settings -> About device -> Model number. See the third post for exact support model numbers. If your device is a totally different model, it will not work (may even brick) !"

and at the third post there is nothing about GT-N8005 are u sure about that it will work?

NadMaj

Oct 23, 2011
Caloocan
www.3minit.com
At the top of the topic it says
"Check your device model ! Settings -> About device -> Model number. See the third post for exact support model numbers. If your device is a totally different model, it will not work (may even brick) !"

and at the third post there is nothing about GT-N8005 are u sure about that it will work?

oh sorry i forgot you use N8005... are you on 4.0.3 or 4.0.4?.. you can try exynos exploit then.... it also doesn't say that it supports n8005 but i think it'll work as long as your device is exynos4... n8005 is exynos4 right?... take a look anyway... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050297

Huzuner

Feb 18, 2010
GT-N8005 Root

oh sorry i forgot you use N8005... are you on 4.0.3 or 4.0.4?.. you can try exynos exploit then.... it also doesn't say that it supports n8005 but i think it'll work as long as your device is exynos4... n8005 is exynos4 right?... take a look anyway... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050297

I found a solution for my problem, but thank your very much for your time. GT-8005 is a device for only available in Turkey. Samsung made this device to get rid of additional taxes to make the prices affordable. Seems hardware is same with N8000 only software block for phone calls. So looked Turkish forums and found the answer. Although it is the same way but another N8005 users tried it. Putting the link below for another N8005 users if they need it. Its been tested and working for GT-N8005

http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-no...t-galaxy-note-10-1-easiest-methodcwmmethod-2/

NadMaj

Oct 23, 2011
Caloocan
www.3minit.com
I found a solution for my problem, but thank your very much for your time. GT-8005 is a device for only available in Turkey. Samsung made this device to get rid of additional taxes to make the prices affordable. Seems hardware is same with N8000 only software block for phone calls. So looked Turkish forums and found the answer. Although it is the same way but another N8005 users tried it. Putting the link below for another N8005 users if they need it. Its been tested and working for GT-N8005

http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-no...t-galaxy-note-10-1-easiest-methodcwmmethod-2/

that's exactly the link in OP.. so in the end you used the same rooting method that can be found on this thread!... :D

deeselcyde

Jan 20, 2013
If I root using method 2, will I be able to receive official updates OTA? being that I want to keep my tablet pretty much stock, except having the ability to install root only apps. If I can't receive firmware updates OTA, what procedures will I have to do in order to do that?

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
If I root using method 2, will I be able to receive official updates OTA? being that I want to keep my tablet pretty much stock, except having the ability to install root only apps. If I can't receive firmware updates OTA, what procedures will I have to do in order to do that?

No, you will have to revert back to stock.. Im pretty sure they havent come up with a way to use voodoo root keeper with this Note 10.1

©h®is

Oct 13, 2010
munich
AW: How to ROOT Galaxy Note 10.1 3G/Wifi! [N8000/N8013/N8010]

You can flash the rom from darkman_rs
It is a stock rooted rom, latest version, amd i am pretty sure, it will kept always up to date..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32127457

Gesendet von meinem Desire HD mit Tapatalk 2

atsamoon

Dec 2, 2012
hi i am having a problem with the root
i rooted my note n8013 after i have installed the jelly bean from sammobile
and now the s pen doesn't work at all

plzz anybody help

atsamoon

Dec 2, 2012
hi i am having a problem with the root
i rooted my note n8013 after i have installed the jelly bean from sammobile
and now the s pen doesn't work at all

plzz anybody help

I got it to work by flashing the kernel in this link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849015
But now I dont have root anymore and iam afraid that I will loose the s pen if I root again is there any thing certain or a root method that wont affect the s pen ?

gordonzhao

Apr 16, 2009
So I've been rooted as a suggestion from Darkman, updated to stock 4.1 from The German N8000 rom, as I have the HK region one. Used CF root and then triangle away, kept stock recovery as I wanted and got root and counter is at 0. Worked very well.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

atsamoon

Dec 2, 2012
Rooting has nothing to do with your S-Pen not functioning , do a factory reset & check if problem still exists.

i dont know exactly what happened but after installing supersu v.94 the s pen stoped working i got to work by flashing the kernel

now i tried the supersu v1.0.1 and the s pen is working just fine thnx anyway :d

klau1

Jan 1, 2008

If you want to keep your stock recovery, use the [RECOVERY][RootGuide][ALL NOTE 10.1]Darkman`s Unofficial CWM Recovery Touch 6.0.2.7 Guide. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2102677

Follow the instructions til step 22:

On Step 22, "go back and reboot system", Press YES, this will Nuke the "CWM Recovery Touch 6.0.2.7" and revert you back to the STOCK recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please goto rootgalaxynote.com for details, sorry I had to delete my content here.
    Hi... I'm folowing the steps, but can't root my device. I'm using a CWM-SuperSU-v0.94 root metod. Device connects to Odin, i'm flashing the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip with Odin, and I after I'm rebooting in recovery, I still see the stock revovery... What I do wrong? I'm folowing all the steps, watched the video, doing everything like in video.
    Device is
    Galaxy Note..........10.1
    Model Number.......GT-N8000
    Android Version.....4.1.2.
    Baseband version...N8000XXCLL1
    Kernel version........3.0.31 - 1446185
    ............................dpi@DELL234 # 1
    ............................SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 22 17:30:43 KST 2013
    Build number.........JZO54K.N8000XXCMJ2

Please Help

I've been facing this problem myself this week. I found another post about this issue, and followed it, though I can't find it again. But here are the steps
    1. Before you flash the recovery, uncheck "Auto Reboot" in Odin (or use the --no-reboot switch for heimdall).
    2. Once it's done flashing, reboot straight into recovery by holding the volume up (farthest from power) and the power button (all while the "download" screen is still up).
    3. Release the power button when the splash screen comes up, but continue holding the volume button.
    4. Release the volume button once the recovery comes up.
    I was told that when rebooting after from the first installation using Odin, the tablet recovers the stock recovery (overwriting the custom recovery).

This was very frustrating for me before I came across that post. I think I installed CMW or TWRP a total of 10 times before I found the fix.
    reserved

reserved
    I was successful in rooting the 10.1 (N8013), But i've noticed that when i use the CWM recovery, i have actually purchased a premium app to show support. When i reboots it goes into the android recovery. So with your initial instructions i did the CWM recovery mode from odin and reboot manually. So now if i want to do custom rom flashed i have to do it though odin as well? Can i use GOO app or the CWM paid app?

Much appreciate you input, i will be ever so great ful.

Sincerely,

Just follow the below steps :

if you are still getting the stock recovery 3e follow these steps :

1. When flashing CWM through odin untick the "Auto Reboot" option within Odin.
    2. Flash CWM.
    3. When done , press power & volume up ( the one apart from power button ) until the Samsung logo appears, then leave both buttons.
    4. CWM will appear.
    5. Choose "Reboot System now "
    6. You will get a new screen with an option mentioning something like " disable flash recovery , press it & reboot.
    7. Now if you get back to pressing power & volume up you will have a permanent CWM.

Then you can install root through CWM.:)
    For development, I need both so I can testing everything, I don't want to see people bricking their $500-600 tablets because I didn't test it first.