How is 4.2.2 running so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Does anyone else's recent apps menu act a bit...wonky?
It doesn't seem to follow the app's orientation.
Example: I turned off rotation in portrait mode, I go into a landscape oriented game and press the recents apps button.
In 4.0 and 4.1 the recent apps would be landscape oriented, like the app.
But in 4.2 the screen switches to portrait and displays the recent apps.

Similar thing happenes if you have auto rotate on and open the recent apps up at the launcher and switch the phone to landscape. It will rotate to landscape, even though the app "under" it is forced portrait.

mttfrog13

Jun 9, 2010
How is the GPS on the verizon gnex with 4.2? I still have the GPS glitch that was created with the jellybean update. I'm thinking about ditching the verizon gnex and getting the nexus 4 on t-mobile if this GPS glitch isn't fixed.

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
There have been apps available for years that accomplish the exact same thing, I can stream music/video to my AppleTV & PS3. So I see that as a total cop-out, if true.
Miracast is hardware dependent sadly. It's quite a bit different from DLNA which is software replicable as it outputs the phone's display itself instead of streaming video out for another device to decode. :(

ppsudeki

Oct 4, 2012
Swype feature is working well. Camera looks good but forced closed few times. Once it hung and I had to take out my battery to restart.
Setting panel is a disappointment ..was expecting toggle to be available. Didn't face any lag.
Btw i don't see the thumbnail of clicked snap when my camera is on so I had to go to gallery to check the clicked snap.
Also new play store doesnt show manual updates seperately.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

for picture that u take, just swipe to right and u will see your gallery

W

WiredPirate

Miracast is hardware dependent sadly. It's quite a bit different from DLNA which is software replicable as it outputs the phone's display itself instead of streaming video out for another device to decode. :(

Thanks for pointing out the difference. I'll stick to DLNA, as apposed to rushing out and buying all new equipment to accomplish the same thing I am already doing.

BurnOne77

Mar 27, 2011
Maybe I am losing it but the only problem i have with 4.2 is using power amp app there's no "settings" tab or the "3 dots" do not appear anywhere. I can use the app use the EQ use the file browser in it to browse music but there's no settings option anymore like in 4.1.2....

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
Running fine so far, but I've already encountered what appears to be an ANNOYING BUG (at least for me). I cannot set my GMail to NOT vibrate for notifications. For example, I like to keep my phone set to vibrate while at work, have my text messages vibrate, and my GMail NOT vibrate. Now, even though I set GMail to NEVER vibrate, it still vibrates. Has anyone else noticed this?

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Does anyone else's recent apps menu act a bit...wonky?
It doesn't seem to follow the app's orientation.
Example: I turned off rotation in portrait mode, I go into a landscape oriented game and press the recents apps button.
In 4.0 and 4.1 the recent apps would be landscape oriented, like the app.
But in 4.2 the screen switches to portrait and displays the recent apps.

Similar thing happenes if you have auto rotate on and open the recent apps up at the launcher and switch the phone to landscape. It will rotate to landscape, even though the app "under" it is forced portrait.
Anyone else?

anil76

Feb 18, 2012
Delhi
MX player and holo launcher no longer work. MX player says unsupported version and holo launcher crashes.

durerca

Nov 7, 2010
MX player and holo launcher no longer work. MX player says unsupported version and holo launcher crashes.

Dolphin Browser (normal and Beta) and Dice Player both crash. Nova Launcher works except for the dock buttons which are unresponsive. Just have to wait for compatibility updates.

lch920619x

Feb 26, 2010
Singapore
The funny face effects in video camera are gone. I miss them! Y U no keep them google?

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Not just Holo launcher, every other launcher I know. It's annoying as I would have to wait for weeks atleast to enjoy 4.2 every launcher I know crashes out of the blue and everything else just isnt compatible :| sure I like 4.2 and its changes, but the uber thick font and wonky settings just turn me off.

Apex just doesn't open
Nova works perfectly, docks? Yeah they aren't clickable at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have a 4.2 OTA, but I've been running the leaked apps on my Gnex for weeks.
    Here's my impressions:
    Keyboard is great for one-handed typing, I don't care who you are you have to admit that it makes it a little easier to type when you only have one had available and I'm a fan of it.

Camera is alright, I feel like the pictures (at least on the Gnex) didn't look as good as they should've but that was a .apk from a Nexus 4, so it's understandable. Also Photo Sphere works pretty well if you know how to take the pictures correctly and not move the phone around too much.

From what I've seen of the official 4.2 features, lock-screen widgets look really unfinished, quick settings needs some work and the ability to customize it, and I still don't know if HDR is on the Gnex yet.

Overall I'm a little skeptical if this will be a definitive "upgrade" or not.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

I stopped reading here.
    First Impression after 24 Hours

Preamble: Flashed a fastboot factory images odexed and no root with full wipe

Pro :

- Wifi signal and new Radio it's better. (Europe/France)
    - Wifi option for battery safe work very well.
    - Battery life it's a bit improve. (Not as well as i expected)
    - Camera Effect integrated are very useful, don't need third party apps for common effect.
    - Google Now have a separated shortcut from lockscreen (For me it's Better).
    - DayDream, i Like it.
    - Keyboard it's good, not soo awesome but it's good.

Downside :

- Toogle Widget idea it's good but they need to transform these in a real widget.
    - Battery percentage should be integrated in the battery icons (Why not?? all phone have this option)
    - Lockscreen widget are a good idea too, but they seems too me a little immature.
    - Camera shortcut on widget (Very annoying if you make a mistake on swype).
    - When the lockscreen appears for first second you see that horrible lateral edges.
    - T9 search contacts (I don't know why??).
    - Wallpaper are always the same and some of that haven't the good size to apply.
    - Sound are always the same and very poor loudness (Why???).

What I'd Like :

- Integrated battery % (obv)
    - Lockscreen configurable from Setting an not from the lockscreen so u don't have all that **** on it.
    - An improved sound.
    - The Utopia of battery life ( I have now given up)
    - Wallpaper and sound must be upgrated (Fix the size of some of that).
    - Toogle widget as a real widget.
    - Meteo widget possible in the lockscreen.

For Now it' all. (i hope they do this in a future 5.0)

I know that all of this this maybe will be improved on CM, AOKP, Etc.. Etc.. ; but i always ask to myself WHY???? if a "normal people", it's not my case, don't wanna go through "framework, adb, fastboot, wipe, system, jar, etc... etc..." , must have the possibility of usage his device at least pleasant.
    It's Obvious that for other things u need a CUSTOM ROM.

PS: Sorry for my Bad English, but i think you get the idea.
    It's really smooth and stable for me. Even better than 4.1.2. I like the new styling and I fell in love with new additions right away. Like I mentioned before, I'm a bit bothered by a "recent apps" menu. Everythime I close (slide) an app, it laggs. The whole thing just blinks for a bit. Otherwise, everything runs well.

Oh, and I don't have "pinch to zoom" in Gmail.. checked in the settings, if I missed anything, but nothing... any ideas?
    In GMail settings enable Auto-fit messages to enable pinch zooming.
    I sense a lag after the update; even after two reboots.
    The lock screen is almost rubbish IMHO. Its like having multiple screens with widgets.
    As for the toggle I was expecting much much more. Don't mind the keyboard at all.
    widgets on android are so useless and so are multiple home screens
    and guess whats even more useless? widgets in the lockscreen..

i hope they understand this and rethink the whole UI in android 5.0

I'll get Matias Duarte on the phone immediately. Do you mind if I link to your comment so the ui design team can know who to go to for instructions on how to design Androids next iteration?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2