Documenting my issues with the Omate

Search This thread

robrowald

Jul 29, 2010
So for the first few days it was great, in terms of water proofness. As of today not so much. Showered with it on after an 11.5 mile run, and now teh top button has stopped responding and the camera lens is not just fogged up there are water droplets on the inside

Here is a link to my G+ album if you care to look https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+RobRowald/albums/5981116929452300385

So word of warning it may start out OK, but get water damaged after time.

stonyhawk

Oct 4, 2009
I feel bad for you.. The same happened to my Omate. Still waiting for any response of Omate. It's just stupid that they say this watch is waterproof. I was sure that all rubbers were at the right place but it took a 5 minute shower to destroy my touchscreen. Literaly saw my screen dying when I tried to power off the Omate. I really hope that Omate will fix this but if you read the warranty I doubt that. You lose warranty for opening the watch.... but how can you not..

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Water warranty is lost.

How careless can you be? If it says you lose it, why would you intentionally submerge it?

Laurent has said that once all watches have been distributed they'll be setting up service channels. You're SOL until then.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

stonyhawk

Oct 4, 2009
If you want to put in an sd card or sim card you lose warranty..
I get that it's hard for the Omate team to determin if the watch shouldn't be damaged by water if it's opened before. But how can you not? This will mean you can't fully use this watch if you want to keep waranty?

Joost39

Jun 27, 2005
Næstved
www.linkedin.com
If you want to put in an sd card or sim card you lose warranty..
I get that it's hard for the Omate team to determin if the watch shouldn't be damaged by water if it's opened before. But how can you not? This will mean you can't fully use this watch if you want to keep waranty?

I think that a company selling a watch, where if the customer wants to use the inbuilt feature - micro SD slot/card, you loose your warranty, is beyond my imagination. That's on the border to selling a false feature, as anyone that wants to use the extra storage, losses the warranty??

sendt fra Galaxy S4 mini duos

robrowald

Jul 29, 2010
You DO NOT lose your warranty for inserting a sim card
You DO NOT lose your waterproof warranty for inserting a sim card
You DO NOT lose your hardware warranty for opening the back
You DO lose your waterproof warranty for opening the back.

This unit had not been opened. This unit was not submerged in water, taking a shower is not the same as submerging in water. Even if it had been in water they are rated IP67 for up to a meter of water.

Laurent has been in contact with me and I am shipping my watch back to Omate today for replacement.

stonyhawk

Oct 4, 2009
Wow that's very nice to hear. How did you contacted Omate? Since i haven't got any response yet. Think I should send it back too.

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008

This unit had not been opened. This unit was not submerged in water, taking a shower is not the same as submerging in water. Even if it had been in water they are rated IP67 for up to a meter of water.

Laurent has been in contact with me and I am shipping my watch back to Omate today for replacement.

Thank you. Can you do me a favor and post this kick starter and Google plus?

People don't seem to believe me when I tell them these things.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

misha25

Apr 12, 2007
Maybe you can assist in getting to the right person. I bought an Omate from the original backer that bought the Developer Edition. I tried putting my sim card but it took the sim without return causing me to need to open the device to release the sim card. I am not aware of how to contact Omate support to get this working. Looks like the sim slot never had the release or the "bouncy" function where it would release the sim card once inserted. I hope I can get it fixed. If you have contact info if you don't mind posting .

thanks
mike

sack41

Jun 15, 2008
Replied to my facebook post. then deleted it?

I have the same issue. I have not opened my watch. But when I asked them on facebook they stated that they advised people not to shower with it, because it is IP67 and not IP68. I didn't receive this notice from Omate. Now they say I have to wait for this service repair center, but why would I need to wait if I did not void the water warranty??

stonyhawk

Oct 4, 2009
I have the same issue. I have not opened my watch. But when I asked them on facebook they stated that they advised people not to shower with it, because it is IP67 and not IP68. I didn't receive this notice from Omate. Now they say I have to wait for this service repair center, but why would I need to wait if I did not void the water warranty??

I am still waiting for any response of omate. Contacted via g+ and they said they would come back to me. After about 2 weeks i tried contacting again via g+ and some moderator said maybetry mailing laurent at his mail. Now about a week later still no response.

Guess they are still to busy with other things..
Well i still keep waiting but i think its not nice that some people are getting answers in a few days and i keep trying without getting any response except from the some people on g+.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.