[Q] Windows 8 on Galaxy Note Pro

Search This thread

nicolabatini

Mar 28, 2014
The galaxy note pro is a really good tablet. But I would ask you if it support the installation of Windows 8. I think that Galaxy Note Pro should be more useful and more productive with dual boot.
Thanks

woowdy

Jul 28, 2012
Springfield Mo
I don't think you can do that but you can use Remote PC to conncet your Windows computer and use it anywhere.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

rkirmeier

Jun 18, 2010
No, you can't install Windows 8/8.1 on a Note Pro. And I completely disagree about it being more useful. Windows 8/8.1 makes crappy tablet OS and very limited for apps. Even if you could install a legacy x86/x64 installation (you can't cause note pro is a arm chip) and run traditional PC apps it would suck as traditional PC apps just don't work well on touch screen devices. Use the Remote PC or RDP to connect your your desktop/laptop for those things that you need full Windows otherwise use the tablet as intended...

Hiyoto

Mar 12, 2009
The primary reason I'd be interested in installing Windows 8 would be to use it as a cheaper Cintiq Companion. But I suppose the biggest drawback would by stylus support. Any experience on using remote on this tablet on Photoshop with pressure sensitivity? Most posts I'm finding are either no or "maybe if the right app exists".

Any experience on using remote on this tablet on Photoshop with pressure sensitivity? Most posts I'm finding are either no or "maybe if the right app exists".

Doesn't work. I've tried everything to get that to work. The problem is that because Photoshop runs inside an app, the app itself needs to be able to register the pen pressure. They don't, so Photoshop can't see it either.