• Thumb down

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Kermagod

Feb 11, 2008
Planet Earth....
Hello All,

I've recently posted two apps on the Android Market.

They are both attached at the bottom of this post to download and they are:

Android Community Quiz
Market Link

img.php

- A quiz by Android users for Android users, where questions can be constantly added by Android users with the "Android Community Quiz Master" app.

+2 for a correct answer
-3 for an incorrect answer (or running out of time)
-2 for using a skip (5 skips allowed)

Android Community Quiz Master
Market Link

img.php

- an app that allows you to add questions into the "Android Community Quiz" app.

You simply enter questions with a correct answer and two incorrect answers and then click submit. (Please refrain from profanity or anything else that others may find offensive.)

I've attached the apps below, but they are also available on the Android market for a small donation/fee.

Please let me know what you think, good or bad, or if you have any ideas on how I can make them better, please let me know.

Thanks,

Just Me/Kermagod

Attachments

• Quiz.jpg
    Quiz.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Quiz1.jpg
    Quiz1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Quizmaster.jpg
    Quizmaster.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Quizmaster1.jpg
    Quizmaster1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 146
  • quiz.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 313
  • quizmaster.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Jmoney47

Nov 9, 2010
Well, it is a cool idea. However there are a total of ten questions, and I think two are about android. Also, I don't think it should constantly loop through the questions, it probably should end when you run out of questions.

Reactions: Kermagod

Kermagod

Feb 11, 2008
Planet Earth....
Thanks for your feedback.

The whole concept was that users could enter questions themselves in the "AC Quiz Master" app , these questions then become instantly available for other users doing the quiz but, either people don't realise this or they don't find it as much fun as I hoped they would.

I was thinking the same thing about the looping questions and will do this at some point this week. I've already set it so that you only answer each question once per loop, so it shouldn't be hard to implement.

My idea going forward was that when there were a lot of questions, if you get above certain score levels, the time limited reduces.

Any other ideas/improvements welcome.

MuF123

Jul 18, 2009
I think there should be only free (or ad-supported) apps advertised on XDA.

edit> oh okay then, I've only checked the market ;) sry then!

Last edited:

Kermagod

Feb 11, 2008
Planet Earth....
To all, please leave feedback positive or negative.

I noticed the apps weren't working because of a question that was submitted by a user, it's fixed now, so please feel free to add/answer questions again.

Thanks,

Just Me/Kermagod.

Kermagod

Feb 11, 2008
Planet Earth....
Does anybody have TinyWebDB experience

Okay. I now understand why the app failed.

There is a maximum amount of characters that can be entered into each value field (eg. Questions).

The way I have built the app in App Inventor means that each question is built into the same value and indexed, but now the total characters are over the limit of 500.

Hope that makes sense. Does anybody know a way around this?

Update: May have found the answer. I'll have a look when I get home from work.....

-Please don't add any questions for the time being.

Last edited:

Kermagod

Feb 11, 2008
Planet Earth....
Where does XDA member download the free version??

A few people have been confused by this now, so I've edited the post slightly to make it clearer.

You'll find them at the bottom of the first post.

P.s. To all, don't forget to leave feedback positive or negative. All ideas/suggestions are welcome. PM me or leave a message on the thread.

Also, add as many questions as you like.

Thanks,

Just Me/Kermagod.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

I've recently posted two apps on the Android Market.

They are both attached at the bottom of this post to download and they are:

Android Community Quiz
    Market Link

img.php

- A quiz by Android users for Android users, where questions can be constantly added by Android users with the "Android Community Quiz Master" app.

+2 for a correct answer
    -3 for an incorrect answer (or running out of time)
    -2 for using a skip (5 skips allowed)

Android Community Quiz Master
    Market Link

img.php

- an app that allows you to add questions into the "Android Community Quiz" app.

You simply enter questions with a correct answer and two incorrect answers and then click submit. (Please refrain from profanity or anything else that others may find offensive.)

I've attached the apps below, but they are also available on the Android market for a small donation/fee.

Please let me know what you think, good or bad, or if you have any ideas on how I can make them better, please let me know.

Thanks,

Just Me/Kermagod
    I've changed the names of the apps on the market.

They are now:

Quiz - Android Community Quiz

And

AC Quiz Master.
    Well, it is a cool idea. However there are a total of ten questions, and I think two are about android. Also, I don't think it should constantly loop through the questions, it probably should end when you run out of questions.
    Developer is including his 2 applications for free ONLY to XDA members, that is fine.

I think there should be only free (or ad-supported) apps advertised on XDA.