[Q] How do I get my HTC rhyme to restore to original

Search This thread

CWCOXXX

Oct 3, 2012
Saint Maries
I can access recovery, Hboot and flashboot, but no luck getting the phone to boot up past the splash screen, it think it, its the white screen with HTC logo on it

CWCOXXX

Oct 3, 2012
Saint Maries
Have you tried a factory reset from recovery, then flashing a custom ROM?

I have tried factory reset from hboot, my cwm recovery, and i cant find a custom rom. I have extracted the rom.zip from my original ruu found on htcdev. I put it on sd card and tried flashing thru recovery and thru hboot. I try doing fastboot, with the system.img and it actually crashes my pc, and when loading thru hboot, i get stuck at parsing .zip

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
I have tried factory reset from hboot, my cwm recovery, and i cant find a custom rom. I have extracted the rom.zip from my original ruu found on htcdev. I put it on sd card and tried flashing thru recovery and thru hboot. I try doing fastboot, with the system.img and it actually crashes my pc, and when loading thru hboot, i get stuck at parsing .zip
Boot into fastboot and run the RUU.

Reactions: CWCOXXX

CWCOXXX

Oct 3, 2012
Saint Maries

I did, believe me, I have spent hours and days googling, and every similar situation ppl have, the soution doesnt work for everybody, lol, and I just happen to be one of them. My rhyme is an upgraded OTA, from the original stock rom which is an ruu: RUU_Bliss_C_VERIZON_WWE_1.26.605.6_Radio_1.15.00.0816_NV_VZW2.67_release_214911_signed, and when i try running the ruu installer it says; From:image version 2.0.0.134076
To: 1.26.605.6, After 16% PROGRESS, ERROR [155]: UNKNOWN ERROR, The ROM upadate uti;ty couldn't update, please find correct RUU and update again. I dont know what else to do, ive been researching for a while and so now im in the XDA forums asking for help, before i was just searching for anything related to this problem with HTC rhyme, and not much about the rhyme it self is out there for support in these situations, so ive been researching the issue with all htc devices, and even android in general. I'll admit i am a noob at androids, but im actually pretty familiar with OS's and computers period. All help is much appreciated too, so thank you and if you know something i dont, please feel free to let me know where I am screwing up. I can get My CWM on it, and actually before all this, i had CWM touch recovery, somehow i lost it too and had to put the one i have now on it. i also parsed thru hboot my boot.img, and recovery before, , and it said it was successful. when doing system.img thru the PI46img.zip with boot and recovery, it freezes on parsing, and if i fastboot the system.img, it causes my computer to freeze, and i got the system.img from the rom.zip out of this RUU, that i mentioned above. ive done all the wiping from recovery of partitions that ppl had mentioned, and still no luck, and also when trying to flash it thru CWm it always says installation aborted. tahnk s for responding too man, ive noticed most questions with The HTC RHyme, get the shaft....and thats why i feel like im at a deadend, and i dont know if there is some number out there for support in theses situations, because HTC wont help after the bootloader has been unlocked, and it would seem a lil easier having someone walk you through it on either a live chat or over the phone
http://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

BLISS XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.32.0011
RADIO-1.23.00.0224
eMMC-boot

amak172

Jun 1, 2012
HTC rhyme recovery prob.

Hi I really need help. I unlocked the boot loader from HTC Dev. Then rebooted the the bootloaderbfrom adb. The fastboot flash recovery. Everything was good until I pushed the mount through adb it gave me an error. Now every time I try a factory reset or try to go to recovery it takes me to the white HTC logo and nothing happens. Please help. The phone is switching on everything is working. I just can't factory reset or go to the recovery.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think you need to ask people who are more familiar with HTC devices. Type "htc rhyme" in the search bar at the top right of this page.