[REQ] Fastboot and Recovery Protection

Search This thread

EminSG

Jan 21, 2012
Baku
Since Android is not an iPhone and it's less protected I suggest to make a password access to fastboot mode. Cause when you a robbed your phone can be easily wiped and reused. To prevent it, I ask devs to make kinda of protection for our phones(to make my idea possible). For example if you forgot your password you could write your name to unlock it. Just a crazy idea. I had 2 phones stolen and I don't want to have my nexus to be stolen too. Thanks for attention

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Since Android is not an iPhone and it's less protected I suggest to make a password access to fastboot mode. Cause when you a robbed your phone can be easily wiped and reused. To prevent it, I ask devs to make kinda of protection for our phones(to make my idea possible). For example if you forgot your password you could write your name to unlock it. Just a crazy idea. I had 2 phones stolen and I don't want to have my nexus to be stolen too. Thanks for attention

custom recoveries do have a password protection option, fastboot will never have it. but android isnt less secure than the iphone, youve been reading pro apple information. android is actually safer.

EminSG

Jan 21, 2012
Baku
custom recoveries do have a password protection option, fastboot will never have it. but android isnt less secure than the iphone, youve been reading pro apple information. android is actually safer.

I know about recoveries, yes they have. But it's possible to wipe data even without using recovery or am I missing something? Wipe data means losing your phone. iPhones cannot be activated without an account. You need only a password on a lockscreen and thats it. Without knowing password or account it's impossible to make it working.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Backup is data loss protection. Password is data theft protection.

Someone who knows what they're doing can get data off an iPhone, don't worry about that

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I know about recoveries, yes they have. But it's possible to wipe data even without using recovery or am I missing something? Wipe data means losing your phone. iPhones cannot be activated without an account. You need only a password on a lockscreen and thats it. Without knowing password or account it's impossible to make it working.

theres a factory reset option in the main phone settings, backup and reset. theres also a backup option there that will restore everything(data and apps) when you do factory reset. if you password protect your phone, its secure as well.

EminSG

Jan 21, 2012
Baku
Backup is data loss protection. Password is data theft protection.

Someone who knows what they're doing can get data off an iPhone, don't worry about that

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

I don't worry about my data, I always have a backup on my cloud or computer. We have a soft from google called "Android device manager". I think it's useful but it won't work after a data wipe. All I want to have is to block wipe data option from anywhere. So chances to find my phone will increase

EminSG

Jan 21, 2012
Baku
theres a factory reset option in the main phone settings, backup and reset. theres also a backup option there that will restore everything(data and apps) when you do factory reset. if you password protect your phone, its secure as well.

I got it .I have lockscreen password and for example I have a recovery protection. Isn't it possible to flash phone and use it as it was out of box?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Wont be possible as fastboot can never be locked.

Best bet would be to get an app like pray that can be modified to read and save data in /system as that has more chance of being overlooked.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I got it .I have lockscreen password and for example I have a recovery protection. Isn't it possible to flash phone and use it as it was out of box?

if its password protected, not through recovery then. but its possible via fastboot. but even if your phone gets the factory image flashed onto it, the moment you log back into your phone, your apps will reinstall, and if you enabled the data backup, most your data will get restored as well.

EminSG

Jan 21, 2012
Baku
if its password protected, not through recovery then. but its possible via fastboot. but even if your phone gets the factory image flashed onto it, the moment you log back into your phone, your apps will reinstall, and if you enabled the data backup, most your data will get restored as well.

Thanks for your help. As I understood it's impossible to make phone safer. It's possible to find how to make it clear..