[Q] Recurring lag with annoying sound (Video included)

Search This thread

hardisty

Feb 22, 2013
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody has dealt with the issue I'm having here. I've tried searching but it's really hard to put into words that don't also bring up countless irrelevant issues. When watching a movie or listening to something, my tablet will frequently play an annoying buzzing sound and freeze up. It's very brief but oh man is it ever annoying. It really takes me out of what I'm watching.

You can see what I mean in this video. I'm playing a white noise app so that initial rainfall sound is supposed to be there. The buzzing happens at 0:03

Edit: Apparently they wont let me post the YouTube video. The link is: youtube .com/ watch?v=snjUCFU5D64

If anybody knows what is causing this, how to fix it, or even just links to other threads that I could not find, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

yosmokinman

Sep 30, 2012
Is that CM? I had that. Glitch kernel fixed it. However the 2/12 nightly includes a change for flo that seems to have fixed it.

hardisty

Feb 22, 2013
Is that CM? I had that. Glitch kernel fixed it. However the 2/12 nightly includes a change for flo that seems to have fixed it.

It is CM! I recently updated it the the M3 Snapshot. I feel as though it's happened again but it's a difficult thing to prompt. I'll have to run some tests on my commute home. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes!

yosmokinman

Sep 30, 2012
It is CM! I recently updated it the the M3 Snapshot. I feel as though it's happened again but it's a difficult thing to prompt. I'll have to run some tests on my commute home. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes!

Do you have flo (wifi only) or deb (lte version)? I was assuming flo. If so I don't think the fix is in the M3 which was built on 2/10.

The commit that fixed it (for me at least) was included in the 2/12 nightly. http://www.cmxlog.com/11/flo/

Update to latest nightly and test.

Easiest way is to play a game or watch some youtube.

If you have deb I don't know, try latest nightly. If you still get it try Glitch kernel.

Last edited:

hardisty

Feb 22, 2013
Do you have flo (wifi only) or deb (lte version)? I was assuming flo. If so I don't think the fix is in the M3 which was built on 2/10.

The commit that fixed it (for me at least) was included in the 2/12 nightly. http://www.cmxlog.com/11/flo/

Update to latest nightly and test.

Easiest way is to play a game or watch some youtube.

If you have deb I don't know, try latest nightly. If you still get it try Glitch kernel.

That worked but further proof it's CM is that it's happening on my SGS3 now. This annoying buzz is following me, haha