[Q] Ohm specs of headphones

Search This thread

benna

Jun 5, 2012
I am in the market for a set on new head phones. but I will be using my P6 for another year and 10 months. so it will be the main audio source for me. I cant find the specs, I hope someone knows this.
Q: whit is the ohm rating headphones I can use with my P6? The earphones I want is 18ohm. I am affraid its to low? The 300ohm headphone I saw is much to high and will be very soft. Will the internal audio amp work good with the 18ohm or not?
Thanx

tauio111

Feb 27, 2011
Google Pixel 5
I am in the market for a set on new head phones. but I will be using my P6 for another year and 10 months. so it will be the main audio source for me. I cant find the specs, I hope someone knows this.
Q: whit is the ohm rating headphones I can use with my P6? The earphones I want is 18ohm. I am affraid its to low? The 300ohm headphone I saw is much to high and will be very soft. Will the internal audio amp work good with the 18ohm or not?
Thanx
Internal audio amp will work perfectly with 18ohm, even works well with 32ohm. Haven't tried but I dont think you will be able to run off 300ohm headphones from the phones internal amp, also 300ohm for portable headphones is alot

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
Thanx
Might I ask what headphones are you aiming to buy? Also the budget?

decomarius

Oct 13, 2012
I bought for my p6 the 16ohm Sennheiser In-Ear CX 300-II Precision . They work perfect and sound quality is the best for the budget.

benna

Jun 5, 2012
Might I ask what headphones are you aiming to buy? Also the budget?

The budeget: Not more than R2000 ( abought 200 dollars) or as little as possible. I was aiming for the Sennheiser Momentun One Ear(18 ohms), while its little over the budget , I dont think ist going to be worth it. Why I say this, is I had a demo today with the Sennheiser 205, in the store it was R1500. The audio quality with that compared to a cheapie.......was not much. I think our phone audio is not top notch. So I wont sped allot of money on good head phones. I am going for the Koss Porta Pro. Do you know much of headphones?

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
The budeget: Not more than R2000 ( abought 200 dollars) or as little as possible. I was aiming for the Sennheiser Momentun One Ear(18 ohms), while its little over the budget , I dont think ist going to be worth it. Why I say this, is I had a demo today with the Sennheiser 205, in the store it was R1500. The audio quality with that compared to a cheapie.......was not much. I think our phone audio is not top notch. So I wont sped allot of money on good head phones. I am going for the Koss Porta Pro. Do you know much of headphones?
I am a sound fanatic. But I don't know much about lower powered ones, I always use my headphones on my amp, and I use Apple's new Earpods for my phone just because they sound alright.

I have Sennheiser HD535s they are about 20 years old, and boy they still sound better than almost anything I can find, I pair them with my Technics SU-500 amp, which is also roughly 30 years old ( Back when Technics were actually good. )

I'll do a bit of reading and come back to you, it helps that I am also in SA so that I know it's available here :p

Also have to say, cheaper Sennheisers are disappointing. R1500 for those are way to much, you can get those for R400-R750.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

The HD 335 looks decent for R1700.

They look a bit bulkier than the Momentun's.

Audio Wharehouse
Official Page

Seems like they are made for mobile, they are 32ohm.

Last edited:
Reactions: benna

tauio111

Feb 27, 2011
Google Pixel 5
P6 doesnt have a good audio chip, true, the audio jack is also designed in a weird way - eg rotating the audio plug around it sometimes goes to mono and so on

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am a sound fanatic. But I don't know much about lower powered ones, I always use my headphones on my amp, and I use Apple's new Earpods for my phone just because they sound alright.

I have Sennheiser HD535s they are about 20 years old, and boy they still sound better than almost anything I can find, I pair them with my Technics SU-500 amp, which is also roughly 30 years old ( Back when Technics were actually good. )

I'll do a bit of reading and come back to you, it helps that I am also in SA so that I know it's available here :p

Also have to say, cheaper Sennheisers are disappointing. R1500 for those are way to much, you can get those for R400-R750.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

The HD 335 looks decent for R1700.

They look a bit bulkier than the Momentun's.

Audio Wharehouse
    Official Page

Seems like they are made for mobile, they are 32ohm.