Reinstalling apps after new ROM flash

Search This thread

boypinoy18

Sep 12, 2010
so what do you guys do when you flash a new rom and want to reinstall all your apps again? i know you can use titanium backup and reinstall all your backups (app+data), but i also do know that generally this is not a good idea if going from say, touchwiz to aosp or cm. i remember someone telling me that TiBU can generate a zip file with all the apks to install in recovery after a flash.

for the most part nowadays i just go on play.google.com and visit "my apps" and just install from there, and nowadays most apps sync to google or facebook. but i can't help but think that this is a tedious way of accomplishing a recovery

any advice appreciated. thanks!

Garnerj013

Aug 16, 2012
Langley, SC
An easy way to do it without having the apps backed up is to visit the play store and click on "my apps" it should have every app there that you have ever downloaded/purchased using your current gmail address.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
OK... Let me enlighten everyone here...

We don't have AOSP on this device. So you can only go TW to TW.

Apps and app data are fine to transfer from phone to phone no matter what the ROM is. However, system data is not ever a good idea to transfer unless it is the same ROM and the same version of ROM. So with that being said, you can use Titanium Backup to do what you need. It's much quicker.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app