Wireless Charging vs Big Battery Life

Search This thread

Don164

Nov 22, 2013
I just wish to start this off by saying l am speaking ENTIRELY from MY POV and this is a SUBJECTIVE statement although I'm also Interested in other peoples Views and Ideas.
l see quite a lot hype about Wireless charging and whether the latest Android phone can or can't support it but is it really necessary ?! To me the argument that it Makes charging easy is fairly weak, l mean is it really that hard to plug a cable in ?! Is the current crop of chargers able to Match the same charging speed as Wall mounted chargers. Is the QI charger (it's the only Wireless charger I'm familiar with) able to match my USB 3.0 charger for my NOTE 3 ?!
My argument is instead of OEMs playing the numbers game in regards to Screen size, megapixel count and overall device dimension, how about they Focus more into their batteries. If all the major OEMs focused on their battery life of their phones, I liked to think we could see Some drastic Improvements.
What do you guys think ?!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
I just wish to start this off by saying l am speaking ENTIRELY from MY POV and this is a SUBJECTIVE statement although I'm also Interested in other peoples Views and Ideas.
l see quite a lot hype about Wireless charging and whether the latest Android phone can or can't support it but is it really necessary ?! To me the argument that it Makes charging easy is fairly weak, l mean is it really that hard to plug a cable in ?! Is the current crop of chargers able to Match the same charging speed as Wall mounted chargers. Is the QI charger (it's the only Wireless charger I'm familiar with) able to match my USB 3.0 charger for my NOTE 3 ?!
My argument is instead of OEMs playing the numbers game in regards to Screen size, megapixel count and overall device dimension, how about they Focus more into their batteries. If all the major OEMs focused on their battery life of their phones, I liked to think we could see Some drastic Improvements.
What do you guys think ?!

I agree with you. I'd rather have 24+ hours on my phone's battery life rather than "wireless charging". IMHO it's not that hard to plug in a cable.

Don164

Nov 22, 2013
I agree with you. I'd rather have 24+ hours on my phone's battery life rather than "wireless charging". IMHO it's not that hard to plug in a cable.

That's my view entirely ! With USB 3.0 its not exactly hard to plug it in first time around and imagine a phone with 1 week + battery life. I sometimes have to limit how I use my phone in order for it to not die on me.