S4 mini LTE only H+ not 4G

Search This thread

newarkoz

Jan 2, 2012
Porto
In my s4 mini i cannot get 4G signal, only H+. And i am in 4G zone. Anyone have this issue? Thanks

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Nope, I am in Singapore and do not have this issue. Are you on stock ROM?

S4 Mini's LTE radio supports:
LTE Band 3 (1,800MHz), Band 7 (2,600MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 20 (800MHz)
[Source]

Vodafone Portugal supports Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (180 MHz) and Band 7 (2600MHz)
[Source]

So it should work.

newarkoz

Jan 2, 2012
Porto
Nope, I am in Singapore and do not have this issue. Are you on stock ROM?

S4 Mini's LTE radio supports:
LTE Band 3 (1,800MHz), Band 7 (2,600MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 20 (800MHz)
[Source]

Vodafone Portugal supports Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (180 MHz) and Band 7 (2600MHz)
[Source]

So it should work.

It is strange :rolleyes: i will try in some other region / places to see if it has 4G. Maybe it is a problem with the equipment...

newarkoz

Jan 2, 2012
Porto
There is coverage in my zone from my carrier. I will contact Vodafone to see if they help me to find the problem. Thanks for the help :)

EDIT: there was a problem with my service in the network. It is fixed now, have 4G. :)

Last edited:

hclack

Oct 6, 2013
There is coverage in my zone from my carrier. I will contact Vodafone to see if they help me to find the problem. Thanks for the help :)

EDIT: there was a problem with my service in the network. It is fixed now, have 4G. :)

I have a somewhat similar problem of owning an s4 mini but only getting HSPA+ (icon "H+" in the status bar) and not 4G LTE (icon "4G"). In fact, since I purchased the unit in late July, I have *never* to my knowledge had 4G service, only HSPA+. The key difference from the OP is that I am in the U.S., have T-Mobile as my carrier, and my s4 mini is an unlocked unit. Has anyone else bought an unlocked s4 mini for the U.S. market and not been able to achieve 4G LTE?

T-Mobile offers 4G LTE in my area (Detroit area), and I have also used the phone in Hawaii, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland, OR. In none of these places have I attained 4G LTE service.

At first, T-Mobile said that the phone probably operates on incompatible bands with their network. But I confirmed that the 4G LTE bands used by T-mobile are supported by the s4 mini. So back to why no 4G LTE??? Any advice would be great appreciated. Love everything about the phone, except for the disappointment of having expected to have 4G LTE on my newly purchased phone.

neofral

Oct 8, 2009
I have a somewhat similar problem of owning an s4 mini but only getting HSPA+ (icon "H+" in the status bar) and not 4G LTE (icon "4G"). In fact, since I purchased the unit in late July, I have *never* to my knowledge had 4G service, only HSPA+. The key difference from the OP is that I am in the U.S., have T-Mobile as my carrier, and my s4 mini is an unlocked unit. Has anyone else bought an unlocked s4 mini for the U.S. market and not been able to achieve 4G LTE?

T-Mobile offers 4G LTE in my area (Detroit area), and I have also used the phone in Hawaii, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland, OR. In none of these places have I attained 4G LTE service.

At first, T-Mobile said that the phone probably operates on incompatible bands with their network. But I confirmed that the 4G LTE bands used by T-mobile are supported by the s4 mini. So back to why no 4G LTE??? Any advice would be great appreciated. Love everything about the phone, except for the disappointment of having expected to have 4G LTE on my newly purchased phone.

you can try widgetsoid and add a widget switch 4g. it gives a menu where you can choose LTE also. i have tried it but didn't see a diference since we still don't have 4g in my country. pls try and let us know :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app

neofral

Oct 8, 2009
Need root
Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
2. Go to data/property
3. Find persist.radio.lteon and edit
4. Change false to true , save
5.Reboot
Be happy with ful LTE support
Thats all u need to have LTE.

it worked, thanks man :thumbup:

is it possible to have LTE only on the menu?

vriz27

Jan 2, 2011
glyfada , Hellas
Also worked in my phone. Followed steps and voila!!! LTE menu showed up in data settings! :thumbup::thumbup:

f10a

Sep 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Need root
Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
2. Go to data/property
5.Reboot

Anyone know if this will enable LTE for the TMOUS network? Also what are the TMOUS LTE frequencies and which ones do the phone use because I cannot confirm they are similar.

bluerider

Nov 20, 2007
Lisboa
In my s4 mini i cannot get 4G signal, only H+. And i am in 4G zone. Anyone have this issue? Thanks

Hi newarkoz,

I have the same problem in Vodafone PT, when I called the customer service, they tried to make an elaborate excuse that 4G signal was being displayed as H+ on S4 mini.

And by now I know it´s a lie.

Can you share what you did?

BR

newarkoz

Jan 2, 2012
Porto
Hi newarkoz,

I have the same problem in Vodafone PT, when I called the customer service, they tried to make an elaborate excuse that 4G signal was being displayed as H+ on S4 mini.

BR

Yes it is a lie. I called the customer service and they told me that my SIM CARD wasn't 4G so they send me another to my home (or you can go get one in a store). Then the problem persisted, so i called them again and they said that they needed to activate the 4G in my service. In one hour i get 4G on S4 Mini.

Maybe your problem is on the SIM CARD... Try to go to a store.

And see in this page if the location where you are trying to use 4G is covered: http://www.vodafone.pt/main/Ajuda/Cobertura/

Reactions: bluerider

bluerider

Nov 20, 2007
Lisboa
Yes it is a lie. I called the customer service and they told me that my SIM CARD wasn't 4G so they send me another to my home (or you can go get one in a store). Then the problem persisted, so i called them again and they said that they needed to activate the 4G in my service. In one hour i get 4G on S4 Mini.

And see in this page if the location where you are trying to use 4G is covered: http://www.vodafone.pt/main/Ajuda/Cobertura/

At first I saw thought that two, but after recieving the 4G ready sim card, the problem persists.

I´m gonna call them again.

Thank you very much for your help.

BR

"Update: I just called the customer service again, and in fact they told me the 4G service was not active on my account. In one hour I should have 4G."

Last edited:

imputazz

At first I saw thought that two, but after recieving the 4G ready sim card, the problem persists.

I´m gonna call them again.

Thank you very much for your help.

BR

"Update: I just called the customer service again, and in fact they told me the 4G service was not active on my account. In one hour I should have 4G."

i did the same thing as you, lets see if it will work!

[Update] It didn't worked for me... :/ i dont know what to do

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Need root
    Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
    2. Go to data/property
    5.Reboot
    Hi newarkoz,

BR

i did the same thing as you, lets see if it will work!

[Update] It didn't worked for me... :/ i dont know what to do

Call customer service again, they may have not activated the 4G on your account... If they do try to restart the phone.
    Found the Solution

Guys I found the solution!
    After I called Vodafone 4 times they have reactivated my 4G Service, after 1 hour i got 4G :D

Thank you "newarkoz".
    grxmk2dppmbl2r9hkxn0.png

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda premium