4.3 att Leak

Search This thread

mistamikel

Dec 18, 2006
Calgary
Yes I didi but managed to get it all sorted out....so far lol.
I wiped all, flashed the rom then the air gestures then modem, booted and set up. back to twrp and installed the update to the rom, rebooted then back to twrp and last flashed the kernel. All seems good now..

newky_nuke

Aug 25, 2013
Alabama
help

I wiped all, flashed the rom then the air gestures then modem, booted and set up. back to twrp and installed the update to the rom, rebooted then back to twrp and last flashed the kernel. All seems good now..

what kernal are you using and is the camera and everything working? and how is the battery life?
thanks?

newky_nuke

Aug 25, 2013
Alabama
o_O i linked the rom and kernel on the first page...go here for the current modem http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2102380 fyi guys if your having data drops when the screen is off try dialing *#2263# and select the lte/gsm band preference.

i dialed that number and selected lte/gsm and now all i seem to get is E network, but when i select automatic i get 4g and lte in the same spot im getting E. and when i select automatic i only get 4g and no service at all. any solutions? im on t-mobile note 2. US.
thanks.

tppickles

Feb 3, 2011
Kingston
Also which modem are you using? I have been using the t-mobile MD1 Modem, I know i screwed up a flash a while back and can only use t-mo modems from now on until a fix is found.

i dialed that number and selected lte/gsm and now all i seem to get is E network, but when i select automatic i get 4g and lte in the same spot im getting E. and when i select automatic i only get 4g and no service at all. any solutions? im on t-mobile note 2. US.
thanks.

Try doing a reboot it fixes it for me temporarily

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Reactions: Squilchi
I think I figured out why we are having trouble with wcdma networks in this ROM. I made a little zip to attempt to fix it if someone wants to try it. I'm running it now and it seems to be working

http://www.mediafire.com/?shfp072pvcyaih2

Of you have any problems here is an undo zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?f69i6up8409e63g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Flashed the test.zip I couldn't download the second link you posted. Are you on automatic? I am currently my data drops when the screen is off but when I turn it on after a few seconds it comes back. Definitely getting closer i think thanks for the help.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Yes I was in automatic. I did end up getting a drop still si not quite there. Honestly I need some other files, but I'm not sure if the 4.1.2 we have will work for what I need. I may try them later though

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Oh and here's the undo link again

Reactions: Squilchi
Yes I was in automatic. I did end up getting a drop still si not quite there. Honestly I need some other files, but I'm not sure if the 4.1.2 we have will work for what I need. I may try them later though

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

All right I appreciate you trying I still can't download from that mediafire link I get an error here's a screenshot of it

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384634768176.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384634768176.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 170

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada

Has anyone ever tried flashing an AT&T modem on the TMobile T889? On the HTC G2 we used to be able to switch with no problems no matter what carrier released an update one. They were called "radios" there.

Has anyone ever tried flashing an AT&T modem on the TMobile T889? On the HTC G2 we used to be able to switch with no problems no matter what carrier released an update one. They were called "radios" there.

That would result in a bootloop I have tried that before. I use att service on my sgh-t889

Reactions: EdKeys
So, you just went back to recovery and flashed back to your tmo modem and all was fine?

I haven't tried it specifically for this ROM just in the past and I didn't think to just flash the tmo modem. Theoretically that would work but why try it if you already know the outcome.

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
I haven't tried it specifically for this ROM just in the past and I didn't think to just flash the tmo modem. Theoretically that would work but why try it if you already know the outcome.

So what did you do after the bootloop? Return the phone or odin back? Just curious because if flashing the Tmo modem or odin makes all well again, then I might give it a try. It may have been the modem/rom combination that gave the bootloop. Gonna keep researching/googling.

So what did you do after the bootloop? Return the phone or odin back? Just curious because if flashing the Tmo modem or odin makes all well again, then I might give it a try. It may have been the modem/rom combination that gave the bootloop. Gonna keep researching/googling.

If I remember correctly I just flashed another ROM but Odin would work also its not gonna brick your device.

tppickles

Feb 3, 2011
Kingston
With all this talk of using another modem make sure you make an efs backup before attempting. There is a risk of losing your imie trying this

Been there done that, if your on the t889v be very very careful not to flash a tmo modem... the result is a long time scrathing your head why you can odin but it results in a bootloop

Reactions: EdKeys

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
If I remember correctly I just flashed another ROM but Odin would work also its not gonna brick your device.

With all this talk of using another modem make sure you make an efs backup before attempting. There is a risk of losing your imie trying this

Been there done that, if your on the t889v be very very careful not to flash a tmo modem... the result is a long time scrathing your head why you can odin but it results in a bootloop

Not going to do it. Don't want to take that chance or waste all that time. Just trying to figure out why my connection doesn't drop anymore, but other users lose connection just by locking the screen etc. It happened to me at first but since I've reflashed 4.3 along with the latest devil kernel yesterday I don't lose connection anymore. Trying to isolate the issue. I was having some S note force closes and my stylus wouldn't write. I read somewhere it was because I skipped logging into a Samsung account at first boot. I wiped everything, reflashed everything and the second time I logged into my samsung account at startup. Pen works now and don't know if it's related, but I don't lose connection anymore. Can't think of anything else that I did differently.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks, got a workaround for the data drops on 4.3 till we get our update. Flash the UVALJ1 modem and no more data drops on HSPA. Only drawback is that modem isn't LTE compatible. If you can do without LTE for a little while then give it a go.

Edit to add: have both voice and data at the same time too with the UVALJ1 modem.

download: http://goo.im/devs/teshxx/T889/Mods/T889UVALJ1_Modem-Nov_02_12-teshxx.zip
    Flashing the n7105 modem on sgh-t889 doesnt cause a bootloop?

The Lion rom contains the latest AT&T modem. I flashed the rom and it booted up fine, but no signal or wifi. Booted into recovery and flashed our latest T-Mo modem along with devil kernel and all is fine. Still the same with the signal loss on hspa when manually locking the screen and waking the screen from sleep but for me it's not an issue since I get LTE both at home and work now.

We should have our own update in about a week which should include a new modem. It will be interesting to see if the new modem will work flawlessly with all the 4.3 touchwiz roms like Lion and Skynote. Skynote has a lot of Note 3 features built into it. Hopefully a developer like dwitherell will put together a rom like Skynote with Note 3 features but built from the upcoming T-Mo release so we can have wifi calling too.
    Is it possible for some one to upload a zip with the ROM and proper kernel? Maybe the proper radio too?

Sent from my ME173X using xda app-developers app

o_O i linked the rom and kernel on the first page...go here for the current modem http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2102380 fyi guys if your having data drops when the screen is off try dialing *#2263# and select the lte/gsm band preference.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47421055

Hey fellas here's a link for the kernel its in the second to last post on that page. I've been using 4.3 skynote r8-1 most of today.