[Q] At&T Optimus Soft keys failed

Search This thread

dittualex

Aug 15, 2010
Thrissur, Kerala
Hello guys,

While I was using, all of a sudden, the soft keys and and the lowest area of the touch screen is not taking any responses. The touch screen works fine in other areas. I tried enabling navigation keys on screen which comes at the bottom end and hence that didn't work. .The screen is responsive above that. phone never fell down. It was well protected.

Tried resetting, didnt work. Same issue is there even when I open TWRP. The navigation keys on twrp also will not work

What do You guys think? Is the keys dead?

Kindly help

OMGMatrix

Apr 16, 2011
Hello guys,

While I was using, all of a sudden, the soft keys and and the lowest area of the touch screen is not taking any responses. The touch screen works fine in other areas. I tried enabling navigation keys on screen which comes at the bottom end and hence that didn't work. .The screen is responsive above that. phone never fell down. It was well protected.

Tried resetting, didnt work. Same issue is there even when I open TWRP. The navigation keys on twrp also will not work

What do You guys think? Is the keys dead?

Kindly help

That's a hardware fault. If you believe that it has not suffered any external damage, you may want to open it up & make sure the ribbon cable for digitizer is completely seated to the board.

Otherwise, you may need a new phone.

dittualex

Aug 15, 2010
Thrissur, Kerala
I'm sure there was no external damage. Well protected with case, Screen guards on, Never fallen from my hand. Not even a single scrach on phone :(

Will it work if I change the digitizer?

Last edited: