[Q] Video Maker on AT&T Galaxy Note I717

Search This thread

SMARTPHONEPC

May 29, 2010
Another WTF :eek:WHY :rolleyes: moment.. in addition to no Screen Mode - no wonder I was also having a hard time locating the Video Maker..

Anyone with the AT&T version get the Video Maker APK working from an international version?

Can anyone with the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 backup the APK with file expert etc & upload it to this forum or link it somewhere to see how it runs on the AT&T Galaxy Note I717 ..:cool: -Thnx

Related thread I just found in the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Q&A forum:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1505709

Last edited:

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
Another WTF :eek:WHY :rolleyes: moment.. in addition to no Screen Mode - no wonder I was also having a hard time locating the Video Maker..

Anyone with the AT&T version get the Video Maker APK working from an international version?

Can anyone with the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 backup the APK with file expert etc & upload it to this forum or link it somewhere to see how it runs on the AT&T Galaxy Note I717 ..:cool: -Thnx

Related thread I just found in the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Q&A forum:

Yeah, I've submitted two threads about this (one here, one at Androidcentral) to see if anyone knew where I could get it. Of course, I had my Note earlier than most people so it was a bit premature and the threads got buried. I really want the Video maker app. It looks like iMovie.

Earthdog

Mar 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA

So I am plowing through an International ROM and have found the lib file for the video editor but I can't find the APK. Anyone know if the Editor is part of the Video Player on the international? I found that APK...

SMARTPHONEPC

May 29, 2010
Yeah, I've submitted two threads about this (one here, one at Androidcentral) to see if anyone knew where I could get it. Of course, I had my Note earlier than most people so it was a bit premature and the threads got buried. I really want the Video maker app. It looks like iMovie.

Funny you say that, you think Samsung is worried about additional legal battles with the litigious Apple if they include this Movie Maker app in the US market (like the physical home button issue)?

I'd appreciate a better understanding of the rationale behind all these differences between the SGNote models.

I'd heard a rumor that this missing Movie Maker app as well as missing screen mode may not run well on the AT&T Galaxy Note I717 hardware hence they were removed but the rumor remains totally uncorroborated..

Last edited:

SMARTPHONEPC

May 29, 2010

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
I would LOVE to adjust the display settings, the colors need to come way down. Most people love that colors POP but being oversaturated is such a turn off for me. I didnt even know you could adjust on any phone

I WANT THIS FEATURE!

inconceivable

Aug 19, 2008
Portland, OR
It could have been an issue with the different processor/GPU in the LTE version versus the International. Maybe they could get the apps to play nice with their own internals but couldn't get them to work right with Qualcomm's?

thinguy

Nov 23, 2011
I would LOVE to adjust the display settings, the colors need to come way down. Most people love that colors POP but being oversaturated is such a turn off for me. I didnt even know you could adjust on any phone

I WANT THIS FEATURE!

I agree. Some colors, like the cnn.com red header seem over saturated and neon.
But I still love my Note. Setting up my old iPhone4 for my daughter as an iPod and the screen was soooo small. I felt like a toy. No way I could go back.

SMARTPHONEPC

May 29, 2010
Funny you say that, you think Samsung is worried about additional legal battles with the litigious Apple if they include this Movie Maker app in the US market (like the physical home button issue)?

I'd appreciate a better understanding of the rationale behind all these differences between the SGNote models.

I'd heard a rumor that this missing Movie Maker app as well as missing screen mode may not run well on the AT&T Galaxy Note I717 hardware hence they were removed but the rumor remains totally uncorroborated..

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22879274&postcount=14

Downloaded, unzipped, and installed the Video Maker apk. It doesn't show up in the app tray. Must not be compatible with the OMAP processor. Too bad. I wonder if we'll ever get a version for the AT&T Note.

Disappointing, that Video maker app for the SGNote added an easy mobile way for some mediated / augmented reality post video editing with the S-Pen.. another reason to get the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 if you can live without LTE & can afford paying the unsubsidized but contractless price.

Please let us know if anyone gets it working on AT&T Galaxy Note I717 .. -Thnx:cool:

Last edited:

SMARTPHONEPC

May 29, 2010

I WANT THIS FEATURE!

Well the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 has it now, not sure if the AT&T Galaxy Note I717 will get ever get it.

When I checked out the SGNote in an AT&T store on its release date the Samsung rep was there & I asked him where screen mode & the Video Maker app were & he sadly did not know what I was talking about but I was hoping XDA could get it working from the N7000 but perhaps it's incompatible with the I717 hardware.

I told him I was going to wait at least until after MWC before deciding on my upgrade & I mentioned Samsung should also announce the Galaxy Note 10.1 there which he acknowledged but said he will not get to play with the 10.1 until he is there next week & he said he's had the AT&T Galaxy Note I717 for over a month.

I'd started a thread back in December regarding SAMOLED's unnatural colors vs IPS' more natural colors & while I of course would also like to have screen mode options like I do on my Samsung TVs , it didn't seem to bother me on the SGNote higher res screen like it does on lower res SAMOLED but I'll have to check it out again.

I'm eager to hear about MWC news & the Samsung Galaxy III & even curious about what Ubuntu will present as many Android devices could more easily become full desktop functional PCs when wanted as well.

ZaidSenall

Mar 6, 2007
I just tried to install the VideoEditor apk on my rooted note and the installation failed... I hope someone finds a way to install it on our Notes...