[XPERIA P] cannot go into CWM

Search This thread

Johny the Ripper

Mar 30, 2014
I'm having the strangest problem: I cannot get into CWM recovery mode by booting with the volume down button pressed. I just get a SONY logo, followed by XPERIA, and then the colorful flares of the stock ROM, as if I weren't pressing the volume down button at all.

I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted my phone, and tried three different methods of installing CWM:
1. using cwm 1.0 nypon script
2. using Team XHRR cwm script (which seems to be the same one)
3. installing the Recovery X app

All of these scripts seem to do their job succesfully, but when I shut my phone down, and boot again with volume down pressed, my phone just boots normally.

Can anybody help? I really want to install kitkat!

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
I'm having the strangest problem: I cannot get into CWM recovery mode by booting with the volume down button pressed. I just get a SONY logo, followed by XPERIA, and then the colorful flares of the stock ROM, as if I weren't pressing the volume down button at all.

I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted my phone, and tried three different methods of installing CWM:
1. using cwm 1.0 nypon script
2. using Team XHRR cwm script (which seems to be the same one)
3. installing the Recovery X app

All of these scripts seem to do their job succesfully, but when I shut my phone down, and boot again with volume down pressed, my phone just boots normally.

Can anybody help? I really want to install kitkat!

To install kitkat you don't need to install recovery, follow the instructions in the thread

Johny the Ripper

Mar 30, 2014
To install kitkat you don't need to install recovery, follow the instructions in the thread

Which thread are you referring to? This one uses CWM to wipe the drive and flash the phone...

Anyway, if anyone else would read this thread looking for a way to access CWM, there are ways to access it without using the buttons. You can use the adb command "adb reboot recovery" or install an app to reboot to recovery mode. I found a guide on theandroidsoul .com - I'd post the link, but I'm not allowed to post external links yet...

thx and grtz

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Which thread are you referring to? This one uses CWM to wipe the drive and flash the phone...

Anyway, if anyone else would read this thread looking for a way to access CWM, there are ways to access it without using the buttons. You can use the adb command "adb reboot recovery" or install an app to reboot to recovery mode. I found a guide on theandroidsoul .com - I'd post the link, but I'm not allowed to post external links yet...

thx and grtz

1. Fastboot kernel (f)rom zip, there you have CWM recovery.
And don't forget to copy the zip to your internal memory before you flash the kernel.

reefaz

Mar 30, 2014
You can flash a stock kernel with built in cwm. Many kernel is working out on this with cwm.

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app