Xoom Tips, tricks and just helpful information.

Search This thread

green94

Feb 28, 2011
Is there any way to jump to the top of a web page similar to tapping the status bar in iOS? New to the Android OS and this is something that I haven't quite figured out yet. Thanks!

AndroidZ28

Jul 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
"Q: How do I disable 3g service?
A:Settings/Wireless & Networks/Mobile network settings/Data enabled."

This will not disable 3G, the tablet just won't use the signal.

It is better to put the tablet in airplane mode then enable wifi. This turns the radio off and greatly increases battery life, since it isn't searching.

You can see this in the battery use screen, even with mobile data off the chart still tracks it. Airplane mode with wifi and there is no sign of data battery use.

PaulG1488

Jun 25, 2009
"Q: How do I disable 3g service?
A:Settings/Wireless & Networks/Mobile network settings/Data enabled."

This will not disable 3G, the tablet just won't use the signal.

It is better to put the tablet in airplane mode then enable wifi. This turns the radio off and greatly increases battery life, since it isn't searching.

You can see this in the battery use screen, even with mobile data off the chart still tracks it. Airplane mode with wifi and there is no sign of data battery use.

Great tip I'm going to be doing this from now on

ixobelle

Jul 16, 2010
download the app "multitouch tester", and you can verify for yourself that it can handle 10 points of multitouch at once ;)

The app, btw, will entertain a young one as an added bonus! ;)

lol hard to prop my droidx up to take a video, but you get the idea:

Ten is the Max, had a buddy at work lay some fingers down, too.... that or the app itself only supports ten...

Last edited:
Reactions: nhtu

hymis

Dec 4, 2010
Hello, I added a ton of music using Doubletwist I used an album art grabber app and now when I use the stock Listen app the album art wont update. Any ideas? It works fine with all other music apps I just prefer to use stock. Thanks!

wwwhershcom

Feb 12, 2009
Hello, I added a ton of music using Doubletwist I used an album art grabber app and now when I use the stock Listen app the album art wont update. Any ideas? It works fine with all other music apps I just prefer to use stock. Thanks!

go to settings, applications, find the music app and clear data.

cellfreak

Aug 14, 2003
Text

Any way to set up Text Messaging on this? Tried setting up an APN with no success, didn't think it would work..but tried it anyways. Honeycomb can obviously handle the Messaging Service. Any ideas on this?

Heywire works great over wi-fi. Your device is give a number. I use the same number on my Sprint Galaxy Tab and the Xoom. I only use wi-fi or tether to EVO...

Last edited:

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
Q: Photos in the stock viewer are blurred when scaled to fit the screen. How do I view my DLSR pics and other high quality photos without the blur?

A: Download QuickPic from the market. It's a photo viewer that scales correctly without garbling photos.

flippingout

Aug 27, 2010
Atlanta
plus.google.com
Just found a new trick...at least new to me. If you are moving icons on the screen hold the icon with one finger then, lets say you want to move it to the other side just click with another finger where you want. Once you let go of the original it will move to the other finger. Surprised me when it first happened.

Reactions: drziddo

Top Liked Posts