[Q] SCH-i545 recovery issue

Search This thread

ictdog

Jan 11, 2012
I tried scanning past threads for this issue but I am not seeing anything recently that is close.

Here is my issue....I rooted my i545 from Verizon running 4.3 , build ver. MK2. Got Rom Manager, installed ClockworkMod 6.0.4.4 and it flashed without issue...so it said.

So when I reboot into recovery mode, it tells me it errors out but it's saying the recovery mode is Android Recovery mode, like the CWM recovery did not take. Is this an issue with my Verizon i545 or is this a new issue?

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I have rooted some Droid phones in the past but this is my first attempt at this Samsung...

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
I tried scanning past threads for this issue but I am not seeing anything recently that is close.

Here is my issue....I rooted my i545 from Verizon running 4.3 , build ver. MK2. Got Rom Manager, installed ClockworkMod 6.0.4.4 and it flashed without issue...so it said.

So when I reboot into recovery mode, it tells me it errors out but it's saying the recovery mode is Android Recovery mode, like the CWM recovery did not take. Is this an issue with my Verizon i545 or is this a new issue?

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I have rooted some Droid phones in the past but this is my first attempt at this Samsung...

You can't install a custom recovery with your build. Your ONLY option is Safestrap. It's been talked about countless times. Do a lot of research. I suggest starting with this thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

You need to look more carefully. There are stickies in place and guides and countless threads on what you can and can't do...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

You can't install a custom recovery with your build. Your ONLY option is Safestrap. It's been talked about countless times. Do a lot of research. I suggest starting with this thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

How many threads start off the same way?...10 mind you can find info on this stuff before you brick your phone.

ictdog

Jan 11, 2012

Riker- Thanks for the links for the education. Not being a guru in development, I usually don't use this site when I have been researching for the last week at "other" sites that have never mentioned all that was shared on the links you provided. Unfortunately, with there being so many different flavors of builds, models, providers...it's hard for us to weed out the bad info and know what to do with the good. I know that having the same question asked numerous times is bother to "some" gurus out there, and it is pleasing to see some of you that help directing us even when we make a forum faux pas...
I am not a 14 year old kid trying to brick my cell to be cool. I'm a 26 year veteran detective in a major city doing computer and mobile device forensics. I try to keep up on what the trends are to assist in doing extractions on mobile devices by trying out some techniques with my own. So, where I am not anywhere near the expert in what you guys do, I have some working knowledge, and soon to be trained in JTag and Chip-Off extraction recoveries...so if I miss a few posts and land here by mistake, please be easy on me.

Again, Riker, the help was appreciated and I'll try and not bother the rest of you with my insanely ridiculous requests...

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Riker- Thanks for the links for the education. Not being a guru in development, I usually don't use this site when I have been researching for the last week at "other" sites that have never mentioned all that was shared on the links you provided. Unfortunately, with there being so many different flavors of builds, models, providers...it's hard for us to weed out the bad info and know what to do with the good. I know that having the same question asked numerous times is bother to "some" gurus out there, and it is pleasing to see some of you that help directing us even when we make a forum faux pas...
I am not a 14 year old kid trying to brick my cell to be cool. I'm a 26 year veteran detective in a major city doing computer and mobile device forensics. I try to keep up on what the trends are to assist in doing extractions on mobile devices by trying out some techniques with my own. So, where I am not anywhere near the expert in what you guys do, I have some working knowledge, and soon to be trained in JTag and Chip-Off extraction recoveries...so if I miss a few posts and land here by mistake, please be easy on me.

Again, Riker, the help was appreciated and I'll try and not bother the rest of you with my insanely ridiculous requests...

He gave u the link to a sticky I got set up a few weeks ok so people can find info in minutes... I'm not trying to be glib but we have hundreds and hundreds of posts that start off the same way.

ictdog

Jan 11, 2012
Bob- Understood.

All I was trying to state is that after weeks of searching "other" forums for "i545 recovery issue" and ignoring the XDADevelopers forum hits as I felt they were not relevant to my situation, I finally looked in this forum, ran a search for "i545 recovery issue" in XDADevelopers and did not see the posts that Riker linked to. Even with some of the terms I was searching for, I did not see situations relevant to my device and issue...but, a lot of that was my interpretation of what was being discussed...some of which was WAY above my head...

If they had a "Newbie Samsung SCH-i545 Root and Rom forum" and they spoke r-e-a-l slow, I might have half a chance at understanding all this stuff. Until then, I will lurk in the shadows of the forum and glean what I can off of your higher powers of Android Knowledge.

Thanks for the time, guys!

Reactions: decaturbob

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Bob- Understood.

All I was trying to state is that after weeks of searching "other" forums for "i545 recovery issue" and ignoring the XDADevelopers forum hits as I felt they were not relevant to my situation, I finally looked in this forum, ran a search for "i545 recovery issue" in XDADevelopers and did not see the posts that Riker linked to. Even with some of the terms I was searching for, I did not see situations relevant to my device and issue...but, a lot of that was my interpretation of what was being discussed...some of which was WAY above my head...

If they had a "Newbie Samsung SCH-i545 Root and Rom forum" and they spoke r-e-a-l slow, I might have half a chance at understanding all this stuff. Until then, I will lurk in the shadows of the forum and glean what I can off of your higher powers of Android Knowledge.

No problem. Xda is very informative forum. Plenty of smart guys doing great things.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
There are some true geniuses here at XDA... most the time if you research a little and ask nicely someone will help you out. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bob- Understood.